July 09, 2020, 12:12:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag       flag       goodmorning       flag       flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Yorkers!  (Read 7311 times)
Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« on: December 02, 2005, 02:44:41 PM »

Started this thread for New York posts...thought an exclamation point was better than a question mark.  wink2

Anyway, they've started selling trees on the stree, at least on the Upper East Side. Many of those guys also sell ornaments and stuff, so Sarah, you could probably find some cheap(er) ones from them. Also, many companies and residential buildings have trees up in their lobbies, and if you're slick enough, you could start a little ornament collection from trees around the City!  Evil

Like Borders? Maybe you can help Marcy!
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 10:26:12 AM »

lol! Ingrid, I'm not gonna STEAL ornaments Wink

Why I love NYC:
  • Every morning and night on my way to and from work I see the Statute of Liberty, the Brooklyn Bridge and the Chrysler Building
  • Bella Napoli's Eggplant Heros  YUM

and more I forgot

~ Rider: www.dogster.com/?127087 ~ Logan: www.dogster.com/?113178 ~

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 12:55:19 PM »

I saw something gross this morning. A cabbie pulled over, opened his door, stepped out of the cab and peed on the sidewalk.  eeek I never really considered where cabbies go when they need to pee, but come on now! There's got to be a better solution.

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 12:58:50 PM »

yea, i saw my 2nd homeless guy peeing - and the 2nd homeless guy to pee right by my front door. coincidentally.

but a cabby? no excuse! bleh. shoulda gotten his taxi plate thing #.

the only thing i dont like about new yorkers is that . . . here are people who fiercely love their city. so stopp f'ing littering people! you are all SLOBS!!! (well 85% slob)

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 02:08:49 PM »

HA! speaking of cabbies . . . I was @ the corner of 6th and 46th waiting to cross and we all got to see a cabbie hit the car in front of him. and all us new yorkers are such jerks we all laughed!  rotflmao

ahhh . . .

Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 03:07:31 PM »

spews

I remember the day I realized I was a New Yorker. I was walking to work and I passed this young woman who was juggling a briefcase and all these posterboards, probably for some presentation. Part of me thought, "I should help her. I don't need to be anywhere on time," but then the New Yorker came out and thought, "Actually, it's not my problem," and I kept walking. We're such jerks.  thud
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 03:09:29 PM by Ingrid » Logged

Mary [deryni]
Global Moderator

Rikku - aka Funk Bird

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 03:31:01 PM »

I see a person peeing outside about once a week.  Totally gross!
dawnk777
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 02:50:28 PM »

Wow, I never see people publicly peeing in sheboygan!  Although, I don't know what it's like after Lakefest or Summerfest, since I avoid those like the plague.  Lakefest is a small music festival at the end of the summer, in Sheboygan. http://www.kiwanislakefest.com/  I think people at Summerfest, who have had too much beer to drink, don't care where they pee, but it really isn't my problem, since I'm never there!

Summerfest is a big music festival just before and after 4th of July.
http://www.summerfest.com/
Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 10:12:21 PM »

15 police cars, sirens and lights ablaze, just passed by my building onto the FDR. F'ing terrorists...

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 12:29:57 PM »

ahh the only emergency vehicles i routinely see are for our neighborhood homeless/drunks who pass out by our door way (dangerously close to the stairs into the subway)

i was at furry paws on e. 34th yesterday

Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 06:34:38 PM »

Oh, I like Furry Paws! That's where I get food, but the one on 57th.

JRT4ME
AKA...SpeedRacer - Thanks, Donna!
Dog Addict!

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 08:43:51 AM »

I went to New York, 2 years ago. It was an awesome trip and I had tons of fun, we plan to go back someday!  Grin

And no, I never see anyone taking a 'whiz' out in public.... outahere

* Lexi - '04 JRT model ~ Mavey - '09 BC model *

waiting for me @ the RB - Tigger - May 1987-January 15th, 2004 - Skye - March 30th, 2000 - February 10th, 2006
Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 02:34:23 PM »

Hey, Sarah, I was at the UES pet store yesterday and I checked out some prices of other foods....all 6 lb bags were priced at $14.99! A little suspicious, huh?

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 02:40:27 PM »

even the canidae?? cause that's $8 at the furry paws AND NYC pet (nycpet.com says wellness is $12.99/6 lb bag, i just looked)

Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 02:52:38 PM »

They didn't have Canidae that I noticed. The only reason I go to that store is because it's between my home and work. Otherwise I go to Furry Paws! The FP near me has these cute Jamaican guys working there and they're always playing Bob, so sometimes Miki and I go in just for the hell of it. Cheesy

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 02:55:18 PM »

always playing bob? what does that mean? Smiley oh, duh, bob marley - lol. i have some bob on my mp3 player Smiley

subways have taught me that i really like accordion music Smiley

Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 04:04:17 PM »

subways have taught me that i really like accordion music Smiley

spews You should go to a polka!

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 03:33:49 PM »

italian accordion tunes ingrid Grin amazing how much culture, pee and vomit there is in the subway system . . .

(speaking of, some guy walked by me today, stopped right next to me, bowed his head down a bit and threw up into a grate - oh, is that why they're there?)

i can hear strange music in the streets again - i'm only 5 floors up but can't see into the streets to see what kind of music . . .

Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 04:24:26 PM »

Ewww!

Mary [deryni]
Global Moderator

Rikku - aka Funk Bird

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 04:33:25 PM »

Gross!

I pass this bar on the walk to work and at least once a week there is upchuck lying within a block of it! rotflmao
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2006, 04:53:20 PM »

i was traumatized. i walked a bit and looked down to see if i had puke on me - don't think i do . . . gosh, at least when i puke in the city, i do it away from people and while sitting on the ground to reduce splatter Tongue (bleh)

Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2006, 07:38:53 PM »

You have great puke-iquette, Sarah!  rotflmao When I puked in the city, I first upchucked in a bar, but I was considerate and kept it on my lap. Then on the cab ride home, I controlled myself to be able to resist puking until I had gotten out of the cab, and then I made sure to curb myself.  rotfl

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2006, 07:42:16 PM »

now i feel like  who knows

rotflmao

i miss living places where people don't share bodily fluids w/ the general public so much!  eeek

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 01:30:13 PM »

so i got a ticket on 3/22 at 6:15pm that says the meter receipt on my dashboard was expired. except it was valid from 6:05pm-8:05pm -

damn ny traffic cops tick me off!!

Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 04:39:22 PM »

enraged Traffic cops are the worst! There's a whole gang of them that hang out near my building to supposidly direct traffic at these three insane intersections near me. Ha! Usually they're just hanging out on the corner while cars run red lights and make illegal turns. I perfer that to when they do dangerously idiot things like when they signal for cars to go when pedestrians are in the middle of the cross walk.

I would fight the ticket.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster