October 18, 2017, 08:47:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP HELP HELP  (Read 3578 times)
dyan
Dog Addict!

« on: November 14, 2005, 10:28:48 AM »

Does anyone know why everytime I get on to Dog Addicts the past couple of days I have to sign my user and password?  I haven't changed a thing.  I figured yesterday when it happened that maybe I had cleaned out something and it took it out of my profile,,,and I redid all that, AND then checked it.  I also was able to get into THAT OTHER DOG BOARD and my name/password was still in it,,,and usually if I do something I have to reset both of them.    But I checked everything out, and posted yesterday and went to sign on to DA this morning and I am a guest again.     
Gee this is a lot on me to keep looking up my user names and passwords, since everyone is different on anything I signed up for.
Is this happening to anyone else? Or am I unofficially NOT a Dog Addict anymore??????
dyan

Dyan
Ariana
Resident Froot Loop
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 10:33:52 AM »

dyan....of course you are still an official Dog Addict. We love you and Bubblegum!

There was an upgrade performed yesterday...this may be whats causing it.  Not sure though.

When you log in...make sure you are marking that you stay logged in "forever".

dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 10:37:36 AM »

Thanks Ariana!   I will have to go back and see where FOREVER is.    I didn't think too much about it yesterday, but when it did it again today, I couldn't believe it because I  know I did not do anything to my computer, was hardly on it. 
Thanks again.

Dyan
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 10:38:38 AM »

Dyan, this happened to one other person and Dave had to make a change to something, so when he sees this, he can probably look into it for you also. But also as Ariana said, check to see if you are logging in to stay logged in "forever" and I would think that would solve it.  whoknows  After the upgrade I had to log in once but now I've stayed logged in.

dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 10:41:55 AM »

Thank you Kim, now if only I can find where FOREVER is!
You know,,,,,I'm about the most STUPID computer person that there is!!!

Dyan
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 10:44:11 AM »

There's a little drop down box right next to where you log in.  It's to the right of it.  I have the forever logged in checked.

It happened yesterday to me also and i had to sign in.

Hope this helps.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 10:51:45 AM »

So probably the reason I don't know where the FOREVER is, is because I don't log in.  I go to DA, and click on  REPLIES TO MY POSTS and it takes me right there. Unless of coure I am a guest like I was this morning. I don't really ever see the LOG ON box.   
EXCEPT,, a second ago I was writing to my son, tried to go back to DA and I was a guest again. Then I saw the LOG ON and the FOREVER box....but then I got a post from DA, and went to it that way and I was a memeber again.   Hahah,,,first i'm a member, then I'm not a member.   Hahaha,,,oh I will check back later and see if I am a memeber or not.  But I WILL remember that FOREVER box if I see the log in box.    I have to go find a  job now.   

Dyan
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 10:54:26 AM »

Dyan, that might be the problem. I bet once you logon from the logon main page from being a guest, then you'll stay logged on until another upgrade.

dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 11:28:29 AM »

But Kim, before I could get on DA this morning AND yesterday I had to log in. THAT is what I'm talking about. Usually because my user and password are registered, I do'nt have to log in. When you loose that option, you enter as a guest and can't reply to posts.  I had to log in to be able to post yesterday and then I was okay, but this morning I was a guest again and had to log in again.   Somehow I don't know if we are talking the same thing, because you are much computer smart than I am,,,and you know all what I am saying.     Usually I just have to go to DA and click on REPLIES TO MY POSTS or I answer a post that is emailed to me by pasting it in my browswer,,,it takes me right to the thread and I can post. When this happens, I can't post without signing in first. 
Am I making any sense at all???     
And if you answer this,,,I have to leave for a while, I am driving to a job possibility to see how far the driving distance is.   
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!  Please don't get mad at my stupidity!!!  lol

Dyan
Mary [deryni]
Global Moderator

Rikku - aka Funk Bird

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 11:32:47 AM »

Dyan, have you tried going to this page:

http://dogaddicts.com/smf/index.php?action=login

And then checking on the 'always stay logged in' box?

There may be a problem that Dave has to fix, so you are making total sense!
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 11:44:36 AM »

Dyan, if you still have problems after using that page, let us know. I'll have Dave check the error logs when he gets back.

Sorry you are having problems.

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 12:25:00 PM »

Good luck on the job prospect!!  And don't ever feel stupid for asking questions, we'll get it figured out one way or the other  wink2

dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 08:13:13 PM »

Okay, its done!  I logged in again, and the 60 minutes was on instead of FOREVER,,so I changed it. We'll see what happens!
THANK YOU TO ALL MY DA FRIENDS FOR HELP!!!

Dyan
pittygrrl
Dog Addict!

My Ontario Includes Pit Bulls!

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 08:17:18 PM »

I had the same thing happen to me at work today. (yeah yeah, I'm a slacker.)  I clicked the link in the email notification to check the thread - worked fine. Then I clicked the next link in the next email to be taken to a different new DA thread, and it asked me to log in!  When I could see the first thread just fine! Wacky.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 08:30:42 PM »

If anyone has any further problems or comments, please use this thread.

http://dogaddicts.com/smf/index.php?topic=7938.0

Thanks.

dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2005, 08:43:48 PM »

Hahhaha,,,if THAT would have happened to me at work,,,I would have not been able to log in because I cant remember my user or password,,,,I have it written at home!!!   LOL!!!
Thanks for that link Terri!

Dyan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster