October 18, 2017, 08:44:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Server slow??  (Read 3711 times)
KatMoon
« on: October 17, 2005, 09:15:03 PM »

Is it the server or my stupid Verizon DSL again - it feels like I'm on dial up.
Ariana
Resident Froot Loop
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 09:18:23 PM »

I'm moving a tad bit snailish over here too.

Donna and Ron
Dog Addict!

Life doesn't get any better than this...

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 09:19:16 PM »

I'm slow tonight too, must be a busy night on the computer.

Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
--Josh Billings
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 09:20:11 PM »

Me too.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 09:41:33 PM »

I have Verizon with MSN. My MSN is crapped out now for three days. If I log on using it, it locks up my pc. I am having to use Explorer which I hate. My Mozilla won't show dogaddict pics. Even Mozilla and Exlporer are screwing up. I can get on line for a while, then the system goes pooey. I ran a virus check and found no viruses. I ran Ad Aware SE and removed a few cookies. Then I ran Spy Bot Search and Destroy and got something called an Alexa which I removed. I don't know if any or all of these are connected. If ya'll don't hear from me as much it's because my 'puter is being a tooter.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 09:50:16 PM »

That sucks , Layne!    I hope you get things staightened out soon. 

Things seem to be running alot faster now..  must have just been a glitch.

Mary [deryni]
Global Moderator

Rikku - aka Funk Bird

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 09:50:59 PM »

Was slow earlier, now seems okay!
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 09:51:33 PM »

goofy chicken goofy chicken banana wave banana wave

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 07:11:36 PM »

As far as speed goes, I am back to normal pretty much. After being on hold for 57 minutes today (no lie, 57 minutes enraged) waiting on an MSN tech to answer, I got the help I needed. I had 39 running processes on my PC that were not needed. The worst thing was that my OS, Windows ME, is crapping out and losing system files. As software and programs become more advanced and designed for Windows XP my ME system files are being removed or corrupted. So, I guess on payday I will be updating to XP. I still can't sign on to MSN so I am surfing the net with IE.  crying

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 07:15:01 PM »

rubhead hug poor Layne!  XP rocks!!
Have you tried  Mozilla Firefox? 

KatMoon
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 08:10:38 PM »

Turns out that Verizon was fixing phone lines in our street - my line was busy all day long, at least from I've been told by angry people trying to reach me. Wasn't me.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 11:40:20 PM »

Minniesmom, I have Firefox by Mozilla but it won't let me see emoticons or pics when I log onto DA or other sites. I have tried to reset options to enable pics but nothing works. I am upgrading to XP on Friday. IE sucks. I have so many sites and links saved on MSN and I can't remember the urls to get to them. It's funny how much I rely on a program. What scares me most is that I removed my McAfee virus/firewall because I get those protections while operating within MSN.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 12:25:25 AM »

If you have any problems, Dave should be able to help you.  He's the computer whiz in the family!

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 08:34:38 PM »

Well, I did it!!! banana wave I upgraded to Windows XP last night. It only took three hours but my PC is running so much better. The down side is that I can't find my photos, etc., very easily unless I dig around for them. I was so used to using Windows ME. I panicked for a while because I could not get onto DA. XP did accept my being logged on, etc. It's seems like a great program but I hate not being able to access my stuff. My screen saver, list of desktop wall papers, are all gone or won't upload. crying It's going to take me a very long time to get my little PC world back to normal.  pulling hair

Donna and Ron
Dog Addict!

Life doesn't get any better than this...

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 08:36:59 PM »

Glad your back and runnig full speed Layne, XP will grow on you. I hope your pictures are there somewhere.

Money will buy a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail.
--Josh Billings
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 10:01:38 PM »

I think part of my problem is that I created a "user" which I did not have on ME. Now, all of my files are under the old "me" user instead of the one I created last night, if that makes sense. head scratch doh What really irks me is that I want to create short cuts on the task bar and XP won't let me click and drag icons from the desk top to the task bar. bang your head

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster