December 14, 2017, 01:58:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Santa wave       xmasscene       Santa wave

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About the Ads...  (Read 4654 times)
jameseyswife
Howls at the Moon!

« on: July 26, 2005, 02:42:11 AM »

I was wondering if anyone had noticed a ad on this website for "amishpuppies.com"? The reason I ask is I was doing a search on the Amish people in general. I came across quite a few advocacy groups stating that the Amish are notorious for neglect as well as puppy mills. I found a lot of information on the web regarding the website as well. I found it odd that it would be advertised on this site.
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 04:49:17 AM »

I live in Ohio probably an hour or more away from Amish Country.  I have seen those articles regarding Amish and puppy mills.  I'm sure not all of them are like that but from what i read it has changed my whole view on amish people.  Puppy's are just another commodity~ a way to make money.  I hate all puppy millers.   enraged

It sure makes me look differently when we go to amish country now.

edited to add:

I don't see the ad your referring to here.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 05:01:37 AM by janpo1 » Logged

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 04:55:21 AM »

I don't think Terri and Dave have any control over the banners or ads that show up at the bottm... I highly doubt they would let ANY website advertise that was selling puppies period! And they certainly wouldn't let the ad I can see now show up!!  goofy chicken

Life is sweeter with a six pack!

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 07:42:26 AM »

Hill's right, they can't control it.....I've fussed about that myself. Pffft.

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 10:57:07 AM »

Hi, (dave here)

We are able to block specific websites.  If you find one that is offensive or against what we are about, let me know and I will block it.

Please check it first to make sure it is specifically offensive.  Some of the links, for example look like they lead to a site, but lead to ebay stuff.

Thanks.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 11:01:20 AM »

Post questions about the ads here.

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 11:03:07 AM »

Cool!!!!

Please block *my* local broker, he's on the bottom of my page nearly every time! www.labpups.com

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 11:13:37 AM »

ok will do.  Have you checked the website to be sure?

Let me know and I will do right away, sometimes it takes a few hours until it is blocked.

Dave

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 11:22:09 AM »

I don't have to check it, he's a well-known thorn-in-the-side of rescues all over the southeast.

mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 06:56:21 AM »

www.puppypetite.com

A corner grocery for tiny pups in Brooklyn NY. USDA registered! Open 7 days a week! Complete with subway directions (take the D train.....)!

footstomp

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 12:45:33 PM »

i am forever accidentally clicking on schnoodles r us or whatever . . . everytime i yell obscenities Cheesy not saying it needs to be blocked, but ya know

~ Rider: www.dogster.com/?127087 ~ Logan: www.dogster.com/?113178 ~

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 03:09:17 PM »

Well, I think every little step helps, so I'm all for blocking!

Now if I could just get my trade magazines to come with a blocker for Lambriar, and Hunte, and all the other giant puppy brokers....... enraged

Dave
Administrator

It's Minnie!

dogaddicts
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 08:20:34 AM »

i am forever accidentally clicking on schnoodles r us or whatever . . . everytime i yell obscenities Cheesy not saying it needs to be blocked, but ya know

Do you know the website address that is shown here?

"Well, experience has taught me that Terri is Terri and Dave is Dave
except for those really numerous threads where Terri is actually Dave or Dave is really Terri." Grin --pos
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 06:13:17 AM »

I'm gonna take a stab at Sarah's......"The Giant Schnoodles of Joy." Okay, not exactly a puppy mill, but a designer crossbreed, if you think *they* deserve special consideration. And, she's flat out breeding too much.

Doesn't suit my sensibilities.

http://www.caring-products.com/Karma/index.shtml

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 02:09:10 PM »

ooh i'm sorry - i don't remember - i'll try to remember to check my history at home. i swear it was more like "schnoodles r us" or something . . . hmm.

goodness. someone is selling griffipoos and chinoodles and s*$# near me. Grr.

~ Rider: www.dogster.com/?127087 ~ Logan: www.dogster.com/?113178 ~

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 10:52:04 AM »

Here's another one:http://www.coalcreek-kennel.com. 4 different breeds raises a big red flag for me.

Like Borders? Maybe you can help Marcy!
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 10:55:29 AM »

Ingrid,

That ad was on this site?

(dave here)

Mary [deryni]
Global Moderator

Rikku - aka Funk Bird

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2005, 11:51:16 AM »

They take payment over the internet for puppies!  Gah!
Ingrid
Leet Detective
Dog Addict!

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 02:22:51 PM »

Dave -- yes, I saw it when I was reading K9's thread about her litter, somewhere in the About You board.

Like Borders? Maybe you can help Marcy!
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 07:27:57 PM »

Just curious, did you block puppypetite? I saw them again yesterday here................

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster