August 25, 2019, 08:35:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag     flag     flag     flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kodi and Meadow  (Read 3723 times)
LisaK
Barks a Lot!

« on: July 17, 2005, 09:18:35 AM »

I saw Kodi (Kodiak) listed on PetFinder so I decided to go and see him.  I found out that the woman who owned Kodi, his littermates and the mother, called the shelter threatening to dump the puppies out on a road if they would not take them in.  The shelter agreed to take them, but only if the mom was turned in also.  The woman said that was fine, she was going to get rid of the mother anyway because she kept having pups!  Imagine?!  I was told Kodi's mother was a GSD/Australian Shepherd and the father was a Golden Retriever, but there were two distinctly different types of pups in that litter.  I thought Kodi was going to look like a GSD - but that didn't happen......oh well.

Kodi was full of energy and really liked to play with other dogs, but there really weren't any around so I thought I would try to find him a friend.  Back on PetFinder in a rescue org, I saw a pic of Meadow and took Kodi to meet her.  They started playing right away and seemed to get along great, so we adopted her.  I found out her original owner had her for about 6 mos, then gave her to a girl who thought her newly divorced father *needed* a dog (yeah, like a hole in the head).  The father did not want to tell his daughter that he did not want a dog, so Meadow was alone for many long hours, locked in a yard, I believe, until she escaped and was hit by a car.  She sustained two broken legs and was picked up by the Humane Society and taken to an emergency clinic where they patched her up.  They located the man and he admitted he didn't want Meadow, so the vet kept her while she healed.  Then she was placed with some people who returned her in one day because she went to the bathroom in the house and the wife stepped in it.  She was then placed with the rescue org and that's how I found her on PetFinder!

Kodi as a baby....

The first time I saw Meadow in person, at the vet's - she was 12 mos old

Two happy campers

Mechele
Inactive Member

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 09:37:57 AM »

They are beautiful....

Stupid woman !!!  enraged

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,
kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably.
And never regret anything that made you smile.
pittygrrl
Dog Addict!

My Ontario Includes Pit Bulls!

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 11:13:41 AM »

They're both gorgeous! I love your crew!

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 12:32:47 PM »

what a sad and beautiful story.

Those are some great pics!

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 02:05:23 PM »

Great story--you have some beautiful dogs who look like their the best of friends Smiley

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 02:56:31 PM »

Awww I love the tongue pic of Kodi!  So cute!
They are both gorgeous!   Looks like they get along great too!

LisaK
Barks a Lot!

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 07:55:29 PM »

Thanks, guys! 
Andrea G.
Dog Addict!

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 07:58:32 PM »

They're both such pretty dogs!  I don't remember seeing many pics of them before--they really have sweet faces!

Edited:  sorry, I just realized Kodi is a boy.  sorry.  He's still pretty!  blush
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 08:06:26 PM by Andrea G. » Logged

Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come. - Carl Sandburg
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 08:03:36 PM »

Awe... they are so sweet!

Your welcome.. cuties!

ewin0210
Staff Writer

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 12:14:37 PM »

Nice to hear thier story!  THey are beautiful!!!!

Mick's Mom
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2005, 08:47:32 PM »

I remember when you got those two loveable clowns of yours. Smiley  I didn't remember how Kodi ended up in the shelter, tho.  Didn't you get Meadow right after her legs healed?  I just love those two goof balls!

I am fortunate enough to live, walk and breathe among the bravest of heroes!
I am a Proud US Air Force Mom
5dogs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 10:16:46 PM »

That's a horrible story about Meadow, but at least it had a happy ending. They're both GORGEOUS btw!

Dog is my co-pilot.

To err is human, to forgive canine. -Anonymous

http://www.nopuppymillscanada.ca/
dawnk777
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2005, 08:57:27 AM »

They both look like nice dogs.  I'm sorry that Meadow had to be hit by a car and then abandoned the first time she ever pottied in the house!  Sheesh, if I had been like that, Jasmine would have been back at the shelter within days.  As it was, she learned the rules and doesn't potty in the house anymore!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster