December 18, 2017, 12:57:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Santa wave       xmasscene       Santa wave

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I KNEW I shouldn't have looked  (Read 2856 times)
LisaT
Moderator Emeritus

« on: June 21, 2005, 01:19:59 PM »

On the humane society website for some info...I KNEW I shouldn't have looked at the list of adoptables...

Angel is a 5 year old Lab/Husky mix. She was rescued by a Humane Officer after being severely beaten with bricks and a hose by group of teens. As the Washington Humane Society gathers evidence against her abusers, Angel is recovering from her wounds and waiting for a new home in which she can receive the kindness she deserves. She is independent, yet sweet and affectionate. Angel should be the only pet in her new home and although she is calm and well-behaved, she could use a refresher course in basic training and housebreaking as she transitions into a new home.

Roscoe is a 3 year old male Basset Hound mix. This frisky fellow was left outside in the rain and never claimed by his previous owner. He's got lots of energy, and needs an active new home in which he'll get lots of exercise, basic training and work on housebreaking. Roscoe is full grown and weights about 40 pounds, but is actually on the smaller side due to his short Basset legs. He would be a lot to take on for a first-time dog owner, so we recommend that he be placed with a person or family who has had previous dog experience. With patience and positive reinforcement, Roscoe will be a wonderful companion.

* Angel.jpg (18.12 KB, 149x192 - viewed 247 times.)

* Roscoe.jpg (23.51 KB, 149x192 - viewed 241 times.)

PEACE FOR THE ANIMALS http://www.meat.org/
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 01:39:14 PM »

Awww! Such cuties.

Lisa you basset lover . . . have you ever seen my buddy Rocco's dogster page? (You can link in from Logan's page.) I met Rocco at the PetsHotel - he's a lab/basset and I FRIGGIN LOVE HIM! Smiley

These 2 are cuties! People suck Tongue

~ Rider: www.dogster.com/?127087 ~ Logan: www.dogster.com/?113178 ~

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
Chestersmama
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 02:33:31 PM »

What beautiful dogs.  What pathetic excuses for human beings....    crying

I hope they both find the warm, loving, FOREVER homes they both deserve so much.

"If there is anything disagreeable going on men are always sure to get out of it."
- Jane Austen, Persuasion
LisaT
Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 09:07:14 AM »

Good news! Roscoe's adoption is pending!   bouncy2

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 09:08:15 AM »

yea!

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
LisaT
Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 09:11:26 AM »

But then there's Sheba:

Sheba is a bit confused about what happened. Her person brought her to the city's free rabies vaccination clinic, got her shot, and then decided he didn't want her anymore. Just like that! He left her with the veterinarian, who called us to come get her. So now this year-old female Jack Russell Terrier/chihuahua needs a new place to call home. At least she's had her shots.

* sheba.jpg (68.37 KB, 149x192 - viewed 208 times.)

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 09:16:07 AM »

ohhh!!! she's so cute!!!! she does look freaked out Sad

KatMoon
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 11:04:35 PM »

WTF?!? Any updates on little Angel - those teenagers deserve to be hit with a ton of bricks themselves.
LisaT
Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 11:18:30 AM »

Couldn't agree with you more, Kat.

No word on sweet Angel yet. I'm hoping. *crosses fingers*

LisaT
Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 09:31:37 PM »

I seriously need a farm.

Bella is a special needs 2 year old boxer/bulldog mix. She is deaf and uses her sister Cleo to hear. These young ladies are in need of a forever home together. Both of these adorable girls need a little bit of training and a lot of love. Contact PAL for more information if you'd like to welcome these two into your life.

* bella.jpg (5.43 KB, 200x178 - viewed 174 times.)

LisaT
Moderator Emeritus

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 09:32:09 PM »

Cleo is a beautiful 2 year old white American bulldog/boxer mix female. She is very sweet but needs obedience training. She is a fast learner so it shouldn't take long. Cleo has a sister Bella that she watches over because Bella is deaf. These young ladies are in need of a forever home together. Both of these adorable girls need a little bit of training and a lot of love. Contact PAL for more information if you'd like to welcome these two into your life.

* cleo.jpg (10.92 KB, 200x193 - viewed 180 times.)

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 09:59:23 PM »

How sweet!!   

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 06:54:47 AM »

Awww.

I found a blind Pug I really want, but they recommend she be with someone who is home a lot, and I agree. She's adorable.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster