July 22, 2019, 03:26:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag     flag     flag     flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daisy  (Read 3532 times)
KatMoon
« on: May 13, 2005, 06:56:55 PM »

We met Daisy last year on May 10. She was 8 weeks old and with two of her siblings as her family showed up at our favorite coffee shop.It was an 'accident' litter since they had never thought about spaying the mother (dumb) and now they were looking for homes for the puppies. I was inside and came back to this tiny little thing sitting between my husbands legs. He was smitten and so was she. I remember one friend commenting "looks like you just lost your husband." Whereas I could only say: 'looks like we just got a dog.' We exchanged phone numbers with the little dogs family and agreed that we would have a look at their litter on Sunday, May 12. Foxy Brown is what they called her.

We spent the next day puppyproofing our apartment to get ready for the little bugger. The big day came and we waited and waited until we finally got the call to come and pick up our baby, driving our friends crazy in the meantime. So we went and saw all the puppies, all wrestling for attention, except for 'Foxy' who sat there patiently, waiting for us to take her home. We were getting ready to leave, trying to give her a chance to say good-bye but she never looked back. From the very first moment, she had the self confidence that got her the name "The Daisy". Just like 'The Duke" but the female version. Stubborn, smart, self-confident and very affectionate, that's the only way to describe her.

Daiyster was housebroken after 1 or 2 days, the only accident she ever had was when she saw me on the toilet and squatted down right next to me - it was too cute. Now it is one year later, she's still the love of our lives, has already moved twice - the last time all the way across the country, always very confident in herself and her family. Love you, pumpkin.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 08:17:08 PM by Kim H » Logged
5dogs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 07:04:39 PM »

Awe! That's such a nice story! She is soooo pretty too! What kind of dog is she?

Dog is my co-pilot.

To err is human, to forgive canine. -Anonymous

http://www.nopuppymillscanada.ca/
KatMoon
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 07:18:41 PM »

Some sort of Mastiff mixed with Boxer, we saw her parents, they were huge. The mom weighed in at 120 pounds, the dad at 140 - Daisy herself is on the smaller side, only 85 pounds so far.
5dogs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 07:34:42 PM »

Oh my goodness! I was thinking, hmmmm, Mastiff? Boxer maybe? haha! She is really pretty. So is Jake by the way!

Dog is my co-pilot.

To err is human, to forgive canine. -Anonymous

http://www.nopuppymillscanada.ca/
Andrea G.
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 08:26:16 PM »

Daisy's a cutie patootie!  I LOVE the potty story.  Yall were definitely meant to be together.   kiss Daisy!

Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come. - Carl Sandburg
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 09:32:29 PM »

I love the potty story too! And I think Daisy is one of the cutest puppys EVER! Of course, I love Mastiffs and Boxers, so . . . Smiley

~ Rider: www.dogster.com/?127087 ~ Logan: www.dogster.com/?113178 ~

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
pittygrrl
Dog Addict!

My Ontario Includes Pit Bulls!

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 05:19:15 PM »

Holy crap those puppy pictures are too freakin' adorable for words.  I just love Daisy  Heart

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 06:01:03 AM »

I just love daisy's markings!  She's beautiful and great story!  Smitten from the start~ what a great life she's having!

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2005, 10:09:47 AM »

lol, the toilet thing is way too cute!

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2005, 12:59:28 PM »

Daisy is just soooo beautiful!!

Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 02:55:12 AM »

awwwwwww, I never saw puppy Daisy pictures! She was an adorable puppy and grew to a beautiful lady! 

I have met Daisy in person and she gives the BEST kisses.  What a great story!
sarnewfie
Dog Addict!

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2005, 06:18:33 AM »

What an absolutly adorable pup.
Sally you are lucky to have met her in person Smiley

Calendars, mugs, personalized, Photography by christine http://www.cafepress.com/harborwinds
SEarch and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505
Mechele
Inactive Member

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2005, 06:43:29 AM »

Beautifullllllllllllllllllllll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woof buddies

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,
kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably.
And never regret anything that made you smile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster