October 18, 2017, 08:54:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Profiles  (Read 4801 times)
redbird
puppy

« on: February 17, 2005, 05:14:15 PM »

I'm new here and it will take a while to get aclimatized.
I clicked on a couple of people's profiles in a message and got an error message saying, "You can just view anyone's profile"
Does this mean they have blocked their profile or is there an issue with my permissions?
bjdobson
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 05:15:26 PM »

I get the same answer, Redbird
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 05:18:06 PM »

I got that answer also.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
dawnk777
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 05:20:48 PM »

I clicked on your names and the little blue icon that looks like a person below your avatars and was able to view both of your profiles.
Dave
Administrator

It's Minnie!

dogaddicts
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 05:24:41 PM »

waving

Hi,

As terri was deciding how to have me set this up, she was concerned that someone could just register and start scamming email addresses or checking people out.

She decided that you have to post here a while before you can do certain things.   Wink

She made the decision based on your security and safety.

Dave

"Well, experience has taught me that Terri is Terri and Dave is Dave
except for those really numerous threads where Terri is actually Dave or Dave is really Terri." Grin --pos
dawnk777
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 05:34:49 PM »

So, that's why Brenda couldn't find people this morning.  Brenda, I didn't know why you were having trouble.  I guess now I do!  LOL!  I have been such a postaholic since I got here, that I don't think that ever happened to me!  Will keep this in mind!
bjdobson
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 05:38:33 PM »

Thanks Dawn. Once I figured out to go down to the bottom and click on that green thingy, I was all set!!! LOLOL 
dawnk777
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 05:57:47 PM »

Now, I more understand what was going on.  You figured out a solution before I even figured out what was wrong!  LOL!
amayer
Howls at the Moon!

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 09:56:43 AM »

How many posts do you need before you can view profiles?
carols5
Barks a Lot!

610+ pounds of fur kids & 3 are still growing

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 11:30:28 AM »

I was wondering the same thing.  I want to look at profiles when someone refers to an event, program or place (like dog park or pet store)  and I have no clue where they are at.   

bjdobson
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 11:41:46 AM »

I was wondering the same thing.  I want to look at profiles when someone refers to an event, program or place (like dog park or pet store)  and I have no clue where they are at.   

When that happens, just post again asking what part of the country they're in or telling them what part of the country you're in so you can find the right place to look   Smiley
amayer
Howls at the Moon!

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 11:46:08 AM »

Carole,
  I'm at ** now and I am able to see profiles now.    I do the same thing about events, weather, cool places etc.  Like when bicuitsmom (i think) posted pics of the canyon...I was hoping it was close so I could go.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 10:19:16 PM by Dave » Logged
LabSiren
For those of us who sing - it exists.
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 10:05:13 PM »

Youknow, I think that is a good idea. I think it is a very good idea that you have to post a bit before you view profiles. That way we won't get spam or, people bothering us. It may not make it easy to find people at first but, it is a good idea.

God Bless!
Siren and Sebastian
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 03:54:28 PM »

What if we could fill in a location on our profile page that would post so like mine would say (by Log's picture) SarahM - My name is Sarah and I'm a Pugaholic - Triangle, NC (or whatever I put in)

~ Rider: www.dogster.com/?127087 ~ Logan: www.dogster.com/?113178 ~

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 04:08:39 PM »

Sara -I'm confused it does say that under your name. Did you figure out how you can do it.

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 04:53:11 PM »

Kim Smiley It says most of that - but imagine it could say my location in addition to all taht other stuff Cheesy

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own." - Lloyd Biggle, Jr.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2005, 05:10:53 PM »

Oh, gotcha  }${ 

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2005, 05:24:15 PM »

Sarah.. you can edit your profile.  if you want to put Triangle NC as your location--  change it.  Grin

SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2005, 07:22:40 PM »

LOL. I think I'm unclear today Smiley I know I can change it in my profile - what I meant, actually was that perhaps that should display under someone's nick and avatar, so that you would know where someone was from without looking at their profile. And you can make it vague (Triangle, NC) or you can list a specific town, depending on your feelings about security issues Smiley

Dave
Administrator

It's Minnie!

dogaddicts
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2005, 07:27:42 PM »

Hi,

I think there is a hack to do what you want.

Let me see if I can find  it.

There is something coming up that will make profiles MUCH better!

Dave

"Well, experience has taught me that Terri is Terri and Dave is Dave
except for those really numerous threads where Terri is actually Dave or Dave is really Terri." Grin --pos
SarahM
Dog Addict!

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2005, 07:38:50 PM »

hello dave I trust you Smiley And I don't actually care . . . people usually tell me if they live near me Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster