August 22, 2019, 09:06:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag     flag     flag     flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet Tucker  (Read 3920 times)
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« on: April 23, 2015, 12:32:12 AM »

This is my boy Tucker.  A cairn terrier mix with floppy ears.  He is about a year old, very very playful and loves his momma like I love him.
just gotta figure out how to post the pics.  Keep getting too large message.  Hold on...
loading pics to Photobucket to post here
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:49:48 AM by Angel-Dancer » Logged
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 12:52:21 AM »

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 01:07:53 AM »

A little more about Tucker, he came from a family who apparently mistreated him and his brother.  they were relinquished to animal control.  I found Tucker in a local rescue after I lost Reggie.  On July 31st I brought home the little guy scared out of his little mind.  He was about 7 mos old.  Tuck and I have been together ever since.  He has come to trust me, plays A LOT, and goes just about everywhere with me he can go.
He is still very skiddish around strangers or anyone he doesn't see very often.  Especially men.  He doesn't even go up to my dad. 
I can finally take him to Petsmart without his little body trembling.  He still shys away if anyone tries to pet him, but we are still working on what's safe.  He still acts skiddish around me at times too.  Somethings just take him back.  Somethings he just uncomfortable.  It took me a long while to be able to cuddle him.  He still gets bervous, but not nearly as bad.
He absolutely loves his squeaky toys.  He has his own toy box.  He knows Petsmart visit means a new toy.
I haven't spoiled him any.  Haha!
I keep in touch with his foster mom too.  In the couple months she had him he learned to trust her and she became very attached to him.  We chat all the time. 
To me he is the most precious little guy in the whole world.
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 05:15:11 AM »

He is more than adorable and thank you for saving him!!!!   Happy Yell

I love that he realizes that the pet store means a new toy!  Molly was the same way.  Grin  She still gets new toys and she still loves them , but nothing like when she was younger.

Can't wait to see updates on here about Tucker.  Was Tucker always his name or did you name him?  What happened to his brother?

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 10:11:10 AM »

He's a cutie! I hope he gets over his fears. I also hope his brother found a good home too.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 03:45:43 PM »

I know his brother was in a different foster home.  Hope he was adopted too.  The two looked a lot alike.  Tucker has changed some in appearance since I got him.  He grew some and got lighter, more grey than black. His name was Tuck.  I added the er.  I call him my Tucky Tuck.  His foster mom still calls him Tuck.
he has come along way with his fears.  Strangers are our biggest obstacle.  Dustin and I play rough with him too and he plays back.  He cracks me up when he chomps in the air like an alligator. 
Every time I hold him tight he gets nervous and tries to get away.  More recently he has squirmed away and layed right next to me. 
He is also funny like a little kid, when he is excited and wants my attention, he jumps up and down snapping at my shirt.  Little nipper butt he is.  May be bad habits to some, but works for us.  He hasn't ever hurt me.
The two times his being scared really affected him is one time he disappeared from the ranch for 6 loooooong hours.  I put up posters and searched every where for him.  He ran away whike I was yelling at my dad when he was moving his truck and his old dog Lobo walked right in front.  My dad ran over his leg.  After that ordeal and Lobo went to the vet I noticed Tucker was gone.  It was awful.  He returned on his own full of debris 6 hours later.  Lobo is alright too.  He had immediate surgery and was in a cast awhile.  He still limps but gets along pretty well for an old old guy.
Another time Tucker was scared was when I went to kick his toy and he went after it at the same time.  I kicked him in the mouth and he tucked his tail and ran like I did it on purpose.  He was afraid of me for a few.  I felt AWFUL.  I cuddled him awhile comforting him and me.
He also gets scared if I call him to come back to me.  He runs the other direction to go back inside.  I really feel bad for him when he gets like that.  Otherwise he is very happy little guy.  He will get a new toy this weekend when we get more crickets for the geckos.  I enjoy getting him new toys too.  He has so much fun with them. 
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 04:03:36 PM »

Here is a recent one of Tucker and Shaggy sitting on the steps in the wind.  The wind was bad that day.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 07:26:11 PM »

Well tucker is adorable and has strong Cairn traits that' for sure. They are smart dogs, very sensative, not prone to minding, and have a wonder lust. Changing coat colors is common in Cairns and can happen several times during their life. If Tucker had prick ears he would look a lot like Kaden. Kaden was abused by his first family  and still goes bonkers over things. Still very skittish and still very sweet.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 09:17:06 PM »

I knew you would be able to tell me more and confirm traits of cairns with Tucker.  I remember some of the challenges you had with Kaden.  My ex husband, Geoff who is staying with me.   thud, but it's   too to an extent.  He came to stay with me after rehab a couple months ago.  No relationship, just benefits.   blush
Anyway Geoff was telling me tonight that Tucker doesn't growl at him anymore and he is enjoying him now.
I thought it was normal cairns are so sensitive.  They seem strong minded too.  Tucker is very sneaky.  If he wants something he knows he can't have he watches and waits for me to turn away and very quietly goes after it.  He cracks me up. rotfl
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 05:01:29 AM »

He is adorable...so is Shaggy.  They look like they're worried they're going to be blown away by the wind!

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 03:50:44 PM »

Ha ha!  Shaggy is too fat to be blown away.  Tucker on the other hand could be picked up.  That dog is so interested in playing, sometimes he doesn't take the time to eat.
When I stayed at my dad's ranch for a couple months I was able to leave food in a bowl all the time.  He started to gain weight.  Now that I am home he is back to his adhd moments eat and play. 
This morning he was playing under my covers.  I made my bed, I really did.  Tucker was under the covers.  I gave him a way out and he came over to me ready to play again.  He's a funny little dude.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 11:14:59 PM »

Suzie has taken to going back to bed after I make it. Guess she hates a nice flat bed. She has to tear the blankets up and mess everything up again..  hand

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 12:21:53 AM »

When I was staying at the ranch taking care of all the horses, I had to get up early every morning.  On weekends I went back to bed.  Many mornings, even mornings I had to work, Tucker woukd stay in bed.  I made the bed over him or around him.  Tucker would often mess up the covers after I made the bed too.  Shaggy is the worse.  He digs at the covers until they are all crumpled up again.  Probably like Suzie does.
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 12:55:01 AM »

So cute!  I'm so sorry he was abused.  People are so mean sometimes.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 02:31:14 PM »

abusing an animal or person is something I will not ever understand how one can do it.  And I guess I don't ever want to understand.
I am just glad I have him now.  I didn't know he was cairn terrier mix when I got him.  I am excited he is.  I get to learn more about cairns now and enjoy one too
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2015, 11:57:05 AM »

Tucker showed me progress this morning.  He let me pick him up and cuddle with him, rub his belly and give him kisses without tucking his tail.  He did tuck it at first, then relaxed.  Proud of my boy for trusting me more
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2015, 01:06:12 PM »

That's great!
It's sad he is still scared, though.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2015, 05:21:26 PM »

Once you've made friends with a Cairn you've made a friend for life. I saw two Cairn mixes at an adoption event today and was tempted to adopt one. But I didn't. Kaden would wig out and I can't walk three dogs at one time.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 06:23:34 PM »

I am happy he is getting to trust me.  For awhile I was wondering if it would happen.  I guess it is good he is young too.  I have had him about 8 mos now and he has made big strides.  We are in the big camper now at the ranch While my dad, the renters, Dustin and his friend are in the wind working.  Haha!  Do
I have been working too.  Also fixing up the camper for Tucker and I to stay in on weekends.
So, Layne, do they tend to be one person dogs?
He is also better about others petting him and he plays with everyone in my house, human and animal.  He is definitely my dog though.  Very strong bond, almost like Reggie and I had.
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 06:25:17 PM »

And if you adopted cairn mix, along with your birds, and dogs you have, you would be going nuts too.  Grin
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 07:28:06 PM »

Cairns usually get a long well with everyone around them but in this case, and like Kaden, shining up to on particular person makes sense after the abuse and neglect. I've had Kaden going on 9 years and he is still neurotic about certain things. Cairns have good memories and they forget nothing.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2015, 10:53:36 PM »

Wow.  I remember when you got Kaden.  9 yrs flew by.
I am thankful Tucker is generally a happy little man.  I just hate when I do something unintentional that makes him cower.  Even tonight and this is the 2nd time I have witnessed this with him... I was talking to him in a high voice with enthusiasm happy to see him and he cowers down like I am going to hurt him.  Kinda puzzling to me since his reaction is opposite of the rest of my dogs.
He is definitely a special dog.  I think I needed him as much as he needed me.
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 11:07:04 PM »

This little brat stole my straw from my smoothie.  I didn't notice until he was chewing on it. rotfl

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 11:23:15 PM »

And now he took the cup.  thud rotfl
I knew I should have taken him for a walk or dog park tonight. 
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2015, 04:51:26 AM »

So cute!

I caught Molly drinking from my husbands iced tea glass last week.  I shouldn't have told him she did that.  Grin

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 11:55:29 AM »

Nah, you do not have to tell him.  Molly's germs are definitely not going to hurt him.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 07:29:26 PM »

That must have been one great smoothie!  rotfl

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 10:43:58 PM »

I thought it was.  I just had no idea I was sharing.   huh?
I found the straw right away on my bed.  I did not find the cup until this morning.  He took it to keep it away from all others.

That reminds me, my sister kept losing bras.  She thought they were getting lost in the laundry or something finally found them under her bed when she caught her cat Lola carrying one and putting it under the bed.  Now she doesn't have to keep buying new ones.  She knows where they go. rotfl  I LMAO when she told me.  She did not think it was nearly as funny. rotfl  rotfl rotfl
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:46:03 PM by Angel-Dancer » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster