October 19, 2019, 07:34:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ghost     danceskel       dancing pumpkins     danceskel     ghost

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deezle Goes to the Bridge Today  (Read 796 times)
3 goldens
Dog Addict!

« on: March 26, 2014, 09:56:15 AM »

Five years ago my 17 year old nephew came home with a female pit bull he had found on the side of the road. At first my brother & wife didn't know want him to have her as they feared for their own two dogs, one a 13" beagle belonging to their daughter. They decided to "test" the water with her.

I met Deezle a couple of weeks or less after Kevin brought her home and she almost killed me---by drowning me with her slobbery kisses. She was nothing but a big marshmallow that the vet said was about 3 years old and had had at least 3 litters of puppies, most likely more and had probably been used as a breeding dog. When I first met her she was covered told me my brother to try her in on grainless. He asked the vet and the vet said yes and she cleared right up.

She loved my brother's larger rescue dog and the little beagle bossed her around. She loved to go out to their lake house and out to my other brother that lives on 6 acres in the country. Loved to ride in the car period.

Well, she started dropping weight and had a bout of watery stools and throwing up. The doc did blood work and found nothing amiss and gave her meds that took care of those problems. But she kept losing weight. He did another rund of blood work nothing. Then last week she would only pick at her food. The vet did x-rays Saturday and it is cancer, well advanced.

They decided to give her a couple of days doing stuff she liked to do and then let her go. Sweet Deezle the brindle pit bull girl, as sweet as any golden, will go to the bridge today and be buried out at their lake house where she loved to go. The whole family is crushed.. Goodbye sweet girl.
 angel

God created dogs and then when He perfected them, He created goldens.

Hunter...forever in my heart
Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:19:34 AM »

I am so sorry. Love to your family.
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 10:25:40 AM »

I am so very sorry. Run free at the bridge pretty girl.
 angel

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »

I am so sorry.  group hug
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »

I'm sorry for your family's loss. Deezle had a good life and was definitely loved. Every dog should be so fortunate.

RIP at the Bridge, Deezle.  rainbow

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 05:24:04 AM »

group hug   Doc..

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster