May 25, 2019, 08:24:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All Set!  (Read 1339 times)
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« on: January 20, 2014, 01:27:30 PM »

To go out in the packy snow!  rotfl

Don't she look a little pissed and confused? Since it warmed up the snow has become packier and it sticks to her, she comes in all full of snowballs. I thought this might help!
It actually did, and she did fine until the sleeve rolled down and she was walking on it.  I guess I need to get something with shorter sleeves, but I want her legs protected too.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:40:57 PM by minniesmom » Logged

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:23:04 AM »

Awww that is so cute!!!   luvsmile

Have you tried a coat on her instead ?  It doesn't cover her legs though. 

Does the bitter cold affect Suzies paws?  I hate when I see Molly lift her paws because they're so cold.  I just don't see her wearing boots though.

My last dog Ginger had the snowballs between her toes when it was like that..it made it hard for her to walk and then I'd have to pick the snowballs off of her paws when we came in.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 11:47:39 AM »

It's a clever solution to your problem. Maybe a tighter sweater would keep it from slipping down. The few times it snowed enough to matter, I remember Kiva would get little snow balls. She loved the cold though. Cailin seems to enjoy it also.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:05:46 PM »

The cold doesn't bother her feet too much, just sometimes when she kicks "after". Then I think she gets snow stuck in her feet.
All of the coats I've seen don't cover the legs. This works for the times when it's sticky snow.

Layne, I would think the cold would bother the little dogs more!

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 09:34:16 PM »

The cold doesn't seem to bother Jasmine's feet. A few times I did put on Jasmine's jacket when it was super cold.  Then we forgot to take it off, when she came in and she didn't seem to care.

Our furnace needed a new motor and it would work for a while longer, if it was lubricated.  One day, when it was really cold, the motor locked up and the furnace quit running.  Of all the days, Gary had to go out of town, to take pictures.  Argh.  When I noticed that the house was cold and that the furnace was quiet, it was already 64.  Sarah and I put on more layers and huddled under blankets to do stuff. I was busy knitting, but my hands weren't that cold.  As the evening wore on and it got colder in the house, I start thinking Jasmine must be cold, too, so we covered her all up.  That day she happened to still have on her jacket.  She jumped up on the couch, I covered her up and she stayed there for an hour and 20 minutes.

So, Gary finally gets home about 11:30pm, and lubes the motor.  Thankfully, it still ran again.  The house warmed up by morning, and then we finally ordered the motor.  We'd had the motor looked at once.  Guy said it would cost 575 to put in a new motor.  Gary knew what the part number was and looked it up on Amazon.  It was about $180.  He'd sent he guy take it apart, so he knew what to do.  The motor came 2 days later and it's been running WELL, ever since then.

Prior to that, the dryer motor died, so he got a new one from the appliance store and put that in himself, too.  We saved a ton on money on service calls.  The dryer has been running well since then, too.

Our furnace was installed in August 1998, so that motor had served us well, for many years.  The dryer, we bought when we were new to Sheboygan, I think, so that was probably 17-20 years old.  We can't remember when we bought the dryer.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 10:55:50 AM »

It's a good thing your DH is handy on doing those things!

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 11:41:28 PM »

It is a good thing!

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 06:17:46 AM »

Yikes on the furnace Dawn...good thing your husband is handy..mine sure isn't.  He can paint and that's about it.  He never had a dad to show him anything though.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster