December 15, 2018, 02:57:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: xmasscene

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gibbys Christmas Present  (Read 1333 times)
dyan
Dog Addict!

« on: January 15, 2014, 06:29:33 PM »

I take Gibby for a walk every day that the weather is not too bad....when we go past the beauty shop the girls that work here love Gibby and give him treats.  Today he got a belated Christmas present from Debby, the owner...he carried it all the way home and its not a short walk either. He had drool hanging from his chin... lucky it didn't freeze.

* 0114041404a - Copy.jpg (90.44 KB, 448x336 - viewed 52 times.)

Dyan
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 08:46:05 PM »

That.... Is too adorable!

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 04:06:39 AM »

That has to be one of the cutest pictures ever!!!

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »

Thanks!

The riot of the thing is.... Debby was like a proud mama to Gibby...she handed him the rawhide and then told people to come and look at him walking with it.  I was quite proud of him when we got back because our landscaper was on our street and he was petting Gibby and even kissed his nose while Gibby had the rawhide... when he was a baby I used to give him one while I was getting ready to go to work in the morning...close him in the bathroom with me, just to keep him busy while I was there and then closed him in the bedroom with DH..so took the rawhide away.....he started to get growly at me when I took it... so I was really happy that he didn't feel he needed to protect it from Eric.   But I don't give rawhides to him...I let him chew this one for about a half hour or so...and watched him like a hawk...then tookit from him.  Do NOT like rawhides!

Dyan
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 10:33:45 AM »

That's a wonderful pic of Gibby and his bone. Glad he enjoyed it. I didn't realize just how muscular he is until I saw this pic.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 06:20:46 AM »

I don't give my Molly rawhide either.  They're just too dangerous. They build up in the stomach and can cause problems.  That happened with my first dog Carmel.  She had to have surgery.  I gave her rawhide all the time. She loved it!  But..she didn't digest it and it turned to rock in her stomach.  After that her nor any of my dogs afterwards have had rawhide. 

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 10:57:10 PM »

He ate about 1/4 of it Jan...luckily...for as mischevious and trouble that boy is....he does chew things up and into little pieces...so he was taking only tiny pieces off and chewing on them...of course he got the one end knot off right away..but just dropped it to continue on...which surprised me.  BUT I was watching carefully and then finally when my nerves were completely shattered....I took it away.    Enough until next year. 

Dyan
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Fall is here! Trees are changing colors!

dawnk777
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 09:41:49 PM »

That's cute.  Jasmine gets the compressed rawhides.  The regular white rawhides go through her way too fast!  Our first Christmas that we had her, we were gone celebrating with Gary's family and came home to a poop-filled crate.  Ugh.  We had to wash the crate and give her a bath.  She never got another one.  The compressed rawhides don't seem to do that to her.  She only chews her rawhides, when we are home.  She doesn't like to chew on them, when we are gone.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster