June 19, 2019, 12:53:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I saw Daisy kissing Santa Claus  (Read 688 times)
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

Pandora, Sept 19 2001-Feb 11, 2012

« on: December 04, 2013, 04:54:35 PM »

Poor Miss Daisy Mae.

She had a bad fall a few weeks ago and messed up her back pretty bad - not that it wasn't already bad to begin with.... but this was really bad.  I thought we were facing an end of the line decision.  We've been seeing a chiropractic vet 1-2x a week for the last ... month.  She's on a BUNCH of meds.  She is improving and I'm hoping we can cut it back to every other week.
She has just started being able to walk in the neighbourhood again.

We took her to see Santa on Sunday and she enjoyed it immensely.  She went from person to person using her Daisy Mae Vortex powers to suck them into petting and lavishing her with love and attention.   luvsmile Santa wave

Unfortunately she got a hair cut just before she fell - so she's pretty darn cold with that sudden cold snap we've had.  I hate shaving her down but she hates the brush and I don't like getting bit so why fight it - she's probably 10 yrs old and never got brushed until we tried it. 

We've decided as her Christmas treat we're going to hang around outside our little shopping center on Christmas Eve day for a half hour or more with her in her Santa coat and see how many people we can suck into petting her. 

* Daisy kiss sm.jpg (102.96 KB, 900x911 - viewed 49 times.)

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

I miss you both.  RIP my beloved Pandora & darling Mason.
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

Pandora, Sept 19 2001-Feb 11, 2012

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 04:56:14 PM »

Yes that's my knee and Marcus's tail to the right of the picture.  It was a terrible shot but the part with Daisy and Santa was too precious. 

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

I miss you both.  RIP my beloved Pandora & darling Mason.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 05:08:56 PM »

Priceless!

Sorry to hear about her fall. I hope she's better soon.

Dave
Administrator

It's Minnie!

dogaddicts
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:05:17 PM »

What a great picture!

"Well, experience has taught me that Terri is Terri and Dave is Dave
except for those really numerous threads where Terri is actually Dave or Dave is really Terri." Grin --pos
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 06:41:42 AM »

So sweet.... heart heart heart

What happened to have her hurt her back? 

Have you tried Cosequin?   I started Molly on Cosequin a couple of months ago and I honestly saw a pretty big difference in how she got around.  I buy it at Walmart.  She's been on glucosomine for years but I never really saw any difference in her being on them.  With Cosequin i can.  Dang... I sound like a commercial!

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 09:48:21 AM »

I think its a fabulous picture. I never noticed the tail or knee until you said something. She does look like a Christmas Doggy. Way too cute.  luvsmile I sure hope her back gets to feeling better soon. Is the vet doing any acupuncture? That helped Kiva a lot.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster