July 08, 2020, 04:55:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag       flag       goodmorning       flag       flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess What!!  (Read 3123 times)
KDN
Dog Addict!

« on: October 16, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »

As some of you know, this is my last year of law school.  In 4th year moot court (where we put on trials) our group just got our case assigned last night.  It is, believe it or not, a DOG BITE CASE Shocked!!!  If there is a bad thing about it, it is that I represent the plaintiff and the biting dog is a German Shepherd.  If there is a good thing, maybe I can get the point across about responsible dog ownership somehow.  At any rate...since we have to fabricate our own "evidence" I am currently looking for photos of dog bite injuries to a white female leg.  So far I've most been able to come up with photos of faces and other extremities-- that or the leg is the wrong race or sex (hairy legs eeek).  I've hit most of the websites that were likely to have photos with no real luck thus far.  Any thoughts?

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 09:41:33 AM »

Did you try google images?
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 10:13:27 AM »

Managed to find some that will work on something called Flikr or something to that nature.  Graphic, but actually in the right place on the right leg on the right type of person.  Now I'm off to research the law here in TN, I do know that we no longer have the "first bite free" doctrine- they did away with that last year.  Wish me luck!

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 10:28:09 AM »

Good luck!
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 10:42:56 AM »

Yeah, http://www.flickr.com has LOTS of pictures of stuff.  Good luck!

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 11:04:57 AM »

Good luck.  The research sounds interesting. 
A.J.
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 11:34:18 PM »

KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 10:18:03 AM »

Thanks for the encouragement.  So far, so good.  Since my "law partners" are apparently tied up with other things at present, I've thus far managed to prepare our complaint and drafted a set of interrogatories.  My research has lead to some interesting information.  While TN did do away with the "first bite free", it doesn't apply in all circumstances.  In fact, TN is the ONLY state in the entire US that has a residential exception, meaning that one would have to prove that the owner knew or should have known of the dog's dangerous propensities if the bite occurred on the owner's property (people on your property breaking the law do not count- they have no right of recovery- burglars beware!).  Just thought that was interesting.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 10:33:33 AM »

That is interesting!
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 11:16:19 AM »

I have heard in AZ even if someone goes onto your property uninvited and your dog bites them, they can still sue you for damages.  I wonder if it is true or not. huh?
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 08:31:43 PM »

You might find stuff on liveleak.com. They have a lot of graphic stuff on that site.

In my town, if you are on someone's property and get bit......your are SOL especially if the property is signed as being protected by a security dog.

I hope you will keep us posted on this class turns out.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster