October 20, 2017, 06:32:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hooray for Sidney!  (Read 3051 times)
megs
Dog Addict!

« on: August 09, 2013, 05:23:12 PM »

I have been walking Sid almost 3 miles a day now.  We are walking on a road that's not heavy with car traffic but lots of people in their yards and dogs of all shapes and sizes.  He is much more relaxed and tolerant of different situations.
Today one of the ladies (who keeps trying to convince me Sid is part St. Bernard) asked if he was friendly.  I explained that he's very skiddish and not fond of other people.  She was closer to him than anyone has been without him lunging and barking.  She put her hand out and he sniffed her hand.  He went bonkers after that, barking and plastered himself against me, but that's a little progress.  I'm proud of my puppy today.   clapping

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 06:06:10 PM »

He's making progress!  That's really good. I think the more people he sees and dogs the more socialized and accepting he will become.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 08:13:52 PM »

Good for Sid and you!  Making great progress. 
Maybe the hiding is that he sensed something on her?

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 05:40:31 AM »

I agree with Layne.  The more situations he's exposed to the more comfortable he'll be.

WTG Sid! clapping

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster