December 16, 2017, 03:08:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Santa wave       xmasscene       Santa wave

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back Again and loaded with photos  (Read 4066 times)
jona
Barks a Lot!

http://www.facebook.com/b
« on: June 22, 2013, 01:07:32 AM »

Hello my old (and new) friends from DogAddicts  waving
I haven't been present on forums for some time and I thought i would give you all a run down as to my recent year and a bit of my disappearing act. And for the people who don't know me can get an insight about me also and i hope to get to meet you and your furries too

For those of you who are not on my Facebook page or know me personally, I had my long 5 year awaited surgery (Lapbanding) 15 months ago now and I have to say that it's been a huge mentally and physically learning experience! The past 2 years has been a rough yet very rewarding journey and i have had to make many many changes. Some which even I haven't been able to understand Or fathom.

With the Surgery came the realisation that i needed to change my life as i was dying and pretty much had both feet in the grave, not knowing when or how long i would have left to live. I am being serious! I was pretty much put on the death bed and was just waiting to die. Prior to the surgery to keep myself mental sane i use to breed and train Working German Shepherd dogs, and this rewarded me heaps and kept me pushing forward. Although i look back and think to myself how on earth was i able to move as much as i was carrying that extra weight. But my will to live, i guess is more powerful than anything. AND my love for dogs too!

Suffering sever Depression, anxiety and becoming agoraphobic I focused all my energy on my dogs and not myself. However since the surgery I had to change this attitude and focus on ME. This was hard and i still struggle with sever depression but i'm keeping myself focused and managing better than i give myself credit, (so i'm told)!

I met my best friend/partner 3 years ago who has been by my side and his support and strength has been more than any words can speak or write! He has kept me in check and given me a reason to love myself more and also another angle on life. YES I have a life!!! Going from someone who would sit and research breeding and training for hours, take photos of my pets and work my dogs... and basically lived a life off the net or alone, to someone who is out and about fishing, camping, continuing my photography, plane spotting, ship spotting.. everything. You name it! I'm slowly starting to try things I've NEVER embarked on nor did i ever think i could!

YES i have had to cut things out.. and realising that i would never ever breed dogs again and more so Train or own a GSD broke my heart!
You all know Abby my heart girl? Giving her back to the woman who gave her to me and knowing that she would never come back was the hardest decision i had to make. To part with something that i love and sits in my heart so deeply broke me mentally and emotionally and has taken me months to not only accept it BUT to realise that it's not the end of the world and sometimes Certain changes ARE necessary. however i wanted nothing to do with dog chats or talks.... just needed time to heal from this pain.

Some of you might say yes but you could still own her... well no.. The woman who co-owns her wants to keep her as a breeding brood. AND where i'm living now at home with my parents i cannot keep her:
1 she will kill pippa as she's dog aggressive and has already tried to do this
2 she's too big of a dog for me now with my sever carpal tunnel and I'm better off with a small dog than a big one.
3 living in the suburbs with such an aggressive dog is also hazardous to my neighbourhood and my family as she needs to be worked all the time... which i no longer do.
So for legitimate reasons i had to bite this hard bullet and take time to heal! This is one huge reason i stopped visiting pet forums (here mainly) and just cut off from all pet based environments.

Non the less my heart loves animals and as we have 2 oldies i did still had links to Gypsy who was a puppy i brought and living 10 minutes from my house i did get the chance to see her often. She was a pet and was spoilt rotten! Sadly due to hereditary genetics she left us for the rainbow bridge not long ago when she became stage 4 with kidney failure. In less than a week she went from a bouncing healthy dog to.... gone. This hit me hard again! Made me realise i miss having a dog of my own and also it was the end of the line of my GSD breeding plans and working days.

Non the less as always i pick myself up and keep moving forward and for the first time in a long time i can talk to pet people again and breeders again about their dogs, and pets (animals). I want to be involved in the one forum i love and have loved since i joined thanks to Minnismom for showing me this place. Even though i dont breed and work dogs i still am a proud pet owner and would love to share photos and stories of my babies and read and see photos of others babies. Now that i have a baby of my own too. I'm all excited to be back with other pet owners and share my stories and photos along with see what others have too.

So this is the reason i have had a huge disappearing act. With lapbanding i have had to make changes and it's been the best experience i've ever had in my life! And proud to say i have a life! I will share some photos.. that are personal but i'm proud of! In 13 months i have lost over 100kgs+ (220lb) and have passed the half way mark on my weightloss journey. I still have got heaps of weight to go but i'm working towards it!

Thank you for reading and also for allowing me to come back to a place i always called home! The people i remember here were always sooo lovely and i hope to get to meet the new people too. Guess it will be a start all over again for me

some photos below for your to see
Here is the visuals of my transformation

My beautiful Abby pregnant in her original home... Sadly she lost this litter as a viral infectious problem has ripped through the kennels there but she is well and healthy.. the worst thing it did was take her babies from her.. she had to birth a dead litter. hopefully the next one will be more successful??

and our beloved Gypsy who we had to farewell recently

The pets i have today are only pets. 3 (2 are oldies now) and one little baby i picked up on Thursday.

This is Pippa our 10YO Pomeranian

Sash our 9 YO Blue Point Birman Cat

And my latest baby a Lhasa-oodle who is only 5 weeks old called Lara

I will share more photos of her and my other babies... with pleasure

Thank you all for reading.. and hope to see you all around more. I know i will be back on a daily basis again :-) (except for weekends when i'm fishing or camping lol)

Have a great day
Love Jona

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 07:03:31 AM »

waving Welcome!

Your story is inspiring. I can feel the joy in your post as you've conquered so many challenges and have got your life moving upward and forward. Your fur babies are adorable. It's too bad you have to limit your work with GSDs but your decision is wise and practical in many ways. Congrats on the weight loss. I'm sure you feel so much better physically, emotionally, and mentally.

Looking forward to your posts and seeing more pics of the fur kids!  clapping

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
jona
Barks a Lot!

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 07:13:35 AM »

Thank you Kivalover on your lovely words!
It has been a tough journey and one that i can spend hours writing about but cannot ever emotionally share the ups and downs. Hopefully one day i can inspire someone? But non the less with it's downs have comes it's up and YES i do feel better!
Thank you again and i look forward to posting and also getting to meet everyone here! It's been a long time since i've been a part of a forum and look forward to it again!

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 08:36:20 AM »

Welcome back Max! What a surprise to see your posts!

Congrats on everything you have accomplished.

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »

waving Welcome back. Quite a bit to go through while you've been gone. Sounds like you are finding a good place in life now and I hope you have continued success in the weight loss and life changes!

Juliekay
Barks a Lot!

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 09:13:16 PM »

Love your pictures!! Beautiful! clapping

jona
Barks a Lot!

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 09:55:52 PM »

Thank you on the WB and the kind words!
I will continue to be back and yes continue on my journey as it's not over yet... :-)

Happy to share my experience... certainly i have learnt heaps about life, food and myself in this time!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster