November 21, 2018, 06:44:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Puppy Pics  (Read 10670 times)
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2013, 01:12:32 PM »

I love the name Cailin too but that's pretty similar to Kaden if I am understanding how to pronounce it (kay lynn)?

She sounds like so much fun Smiley

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2013, 09:19:41 PM »

Cailin is pronounced like Allen. It's gaelic for little girl.

She had her vet visit. Which was very good with her getting a clean bill of health. Everything in order. We changed her vaccine protocol from what the breeder started. The breeder had too many vaccines given too close together. We are spreading the final ones out. I'm waiting till Cailin has had one full heet cycle. It will slightly raise the chance of mammary tumors in her senior years but having her fully developed is important to me after what all Kiva went through with her pediatric spay. Cailin ways 6.5 pounds. Tonight was her first fully raw meal. She had beef and green tripe. Sucked right out of the bowl. And the breeder said she was a very picker eater.

I have some pics and will get them up loaded shortly. Little stinker was given a raw hide and Kaden got a dried tendon. Guess who stole the tendon right out of Kaden's mouth! Yep, miss future alpha dog, Cailin.

Kaden and Cailin together.

Cailin looking innocent after chewing a piece out of my rug

Cailin tearing a hole in Kaden's bed

Life is good with a nice tasty tendon to gnaw on

« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:34:32 PM by KivaLuver » Logged

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2013, 10:10:29 PM »

Love the little tongue in the first pic!  Looks like you are going to have your hands full with her!

Only a dog addict would stop to take pics of a new puppy destroying something!  rotfl

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2013, 05:40:20 AM »

Omg she's adorable.... luvsmile

Look at Kadens face though..it's like Dad..what did you DO???   rotfl

I was thinking the name sounded familiar to Kadens also.  I've never heard the name Cailin.  I like it!

Ahhh the puppy stage.  You've got your hands full Layne.....look at that face..how could you NOT let her chew up your rug?   rotfl  I don't miss puppy teeth!

How does it feel to have two dogs again?

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2013, 07:06:37 AM »

She is adorable! 

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2013, 10:15:16 AM »

Yes I am a tried and true Dog Addict!  rotfl

She's  a total love bug.  luvsmile When I got her out of her crate this morning to go potty we both went back to bed and she stayed snuggled next to me the whole time sound asleep. She's not nearly as destructive, so far, as Kiva was. Cailin did well with the vacuum too. She loves her meals of raw meat. Gobbles it up in a blink. Today I need to vacuum again and work on her claws with the Dremel.

I enjoy having two dogs. I would have a third if I had a way to walk it. Two is my limit for no other reason than logistics. Cailin's leash training continues today. Also gotta make more food since my batches had been small after Kiva was gone. Cailin was excited over breakfast she tried to steal Kaden's. And he let her. If I hadn't intervened she would have eaten both of their breakfasts.  thud

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »

You should try a coupler when you walk them. It hooks individually to each and then makes a "V" into 1 leash, it worked really nice for Max and Toby because Toby wanted to buzz ahead and Max lagged behind and that way they paced each other, haha. Smiley

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2013, 06:40:12 PM »

I've tried couplers. It didn't work with two independent terriers being hooked together. It was complete chaos to say the least.  eeek

Today Cailin had company and of course she behaved so they could take pics with their cell phones.

Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »

Cute crew U got there..  Doc..

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2013, 09:03:51 PM »

You should have them send the pics to you!

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Fall is here! Trees are changing colors!

dawnk777
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2013, 06:41:37 AM »

She is adorable! Looks like she is following in Kiva's footsteps!   luvsmile

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2013, 08:10:11 AM »

Sis sent the pics. Now I need to figure out how to move them from my phone to my PC.  head scratch

megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »

Email them to yourself.  Smiley

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2013, 09:31:53 PM »

I need to learn how to do that too.  blush

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2013, 10:24:22 PM »

Silly guy!
What phone do you have? Don't you have a cord to link to your computer?

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2013, 10:29:21 AM »

Yes. My phone, a Galaxy S4, has a USB cable. Do Just drop and drag? I can't get the pics out of the message screen to my pics gallery.

Cailin is a little toot. She has forced my slippers to surrender and then started annihilating my irises.  eeek She does zoomies at about 90mph through the house and poor Kaden can only get relief from her constant attempts at playing by going outside. She will soon figure out the doggy door I think so he can't hide from her anymore. She's tries to get through it every now and then. I make sure I make time to love and dote on Kaden so he won't feel left out. Oh, did I mention she's a typical Cairn and doesn't mind me one bit? Doesn't want to and not going too.  pulling hair She has dozen's of toys and wants to destroy what's not hers. The challenges of parenthood.  thud   Grin

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2013, 10:46:51 AM »

Grin She sounds fun!

Can you open the pictures and save them to your camera? On my iphone if I click on an image I get options to save or email.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2013, 09:40:22 AM »

I went on line last night and down loaded the Samsung software to sync my phone with my pc. I got two of the pics moved but on the pc they are blurry. But at least I can sync my photos, music, etc. now.

She is a lot of fun and in spite of being a naughty little terrier she is very sweet natured. She's zooming around the house right now with her purple ball.  run It's fun having a puppy again and good to have my thoughts and emotions channeled into raising her. Kaden just looks at her with dread.  rotfl Now that she is getting used to being here maybe I can get some more pics of her.

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2013, 05:46:18 AM »

You literally made me laugh out loud with that remark about Kaden.   rotfl

I love hearing how happy you are now and the joy Cailin has already brought you.  I bet this dog already has half the toy store in her toy box!   rotfl

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2013, 09:24:07 AM »

Last night she fell asleep in my lap while I was watching Hoarders. She is so sweet. Even with all the toys she still wants to drag everything she can get to off the tables, etc. Kaden's bed is now in the middle of the room where she dragged it. Kaden would rather swelter in the heat outside than be dive bombed and harassed by the pupmeister. Heaven help him when she figures out the doggy door.  wimpering rotfl

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2013, 12:15:28 PM »

Poor Kaden!  I hope he gets used to her soon.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2013, 06:29:12 PM »

She has made it through the doggy door today without my having to help or coax her.  }jumphappy{ Cailin has learned to pull table cloths off tables too. We had a good nap together this afternoon and she's playing with a ball. I think she is learning that Kaden is not much of a play partner so he should be getting more relief in the weeks ahead. When I go back to work she will be gated in the kitchen with her litter box so he should get some peace and quiet then.

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2013, 05:42:16 AM »

Poor Kaden.. rotfl  I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry for Kaden.

Cailin is litter trained?  Must be nice.  I've often thought of that when we're gone too long from the house and I start worrying about Molly.  Of course it would have to be a pretty big litter box for Molly.  Grin

Still waiting for more pictures!!!!

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2013, 09:44:28 AM »

I've got pics to upload. She is getting better about not running off but she squirms and moves quite a bit. Last night she got her first raw bone. Of course she wanted Kaden's too but he wouldn't part with his.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2013, 09:21:22 PM »

Here are some more pics. She has mastered the doggy door and gone out on her own all day to go tee tee pooty. Now she finds everything she can in the backyard and brings it in doors. My house is filled with sticks, bugs, rocks, leaves, and whatever else she finds.  eeek

This first one is Cailin with the bird feeder brush. She was so proud she stole it from the shed.

Her first raw bone

Mmmm. Yummy bone.

She kept that bone all night

She has a toy with her but obviously prefers my shoe.

Napping

Chewing on a beef tendon

Mmmm those tendons are so delish!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster