July 09, 2020, 02:58:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag       flag       goodmorning       flag       flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kaden  (Read 2221 times)
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« on: February 07, 2013, 09:18:59 PM »

Kaden had his first senior exam today. The physical exam was very good. He is a tad bit overweight.  blush His heartworm and fecal were negative. I had titers run and a full blood work up with cbc and thyroid. The results should be in tomorrow but the vet isn't thinking any interesting will show up. They said Kaden was very sweet and a good little patient..........even though he trembled the whole time.  Roll Eyes

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:09:14 AM »

That's great! Healthy little guy!  Smiley
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 01:34:06 AM »

After alla our bad luck it is nice to hear he got a good exam..   clapping

Doc..

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 08:25:33 AM »

Yay  clapping for good news!

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 08:25:56 AM »

I'm glad Kaden got a good check up also!  How old is Kaden now?  It seems like you just adopted him.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 10:41:46 AM »

Blood work is back. He has a slightly elevated protein levels which is common with raw fed dogs and his liver enzymes were just slightly elevated which is not too uncommon for his age. Kiva had the same scenario. I will add some milk thistle and burdock root extract to this diet from now on and a little dandelion root. That aside, the vet was very pleased with his blood work.  clapping

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 10:18:20 AM »

Kaden's titers came back. He has good immunity and is protected. celebratestars He was last vaccinated in 2006 when our rescue took him in. I wish the testing facilities could enter their results in a data base for research on immunity. Any way, I was very pleased that Kaden is safe from disease as well as the need to be vaccinated.  }jumphappy{

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 10:55:42 AM »

HI5
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 06:04:01 PM »

Kaden had his dental today. All was good and his teefers are good to go. They tested his liver enzymes again and they are back to normal.  dance egg

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 06:58:00 PM »

clapping that's great!
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 06:53:29 AM »

Good news!!!   jumping bunny

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 07:37:36 AM »

Oh good!

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 07:35:46 AM »

clapping  for more good news!  How old is Kaden?

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 08:21:02 AM »

Kaden just turned 9 so in small dog terms, he is officially a Senior now. You would never know it. He is as spry and feisty as when I first adopted him. He loves his walkies but never developed a love for toys. Which is a bummer because it's been cold and rainy here and he is cooped up inside. Kiva and I would have passed our time playing with balls and stuffed and animals. I need to get him out and about and exercised.

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 03:40:21 PM »

Is he food motivated?

Play a game with him like that. Make him sit in the middle of the room and then hide 3 or 4 treats all over in various rooms of the house and teach him to go find them. Its good mental exercise even if he doesn't get a ton of physical. Smiley

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 07:00:12 AM »

I've done that for years with Molly!  She loves that game!

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 07:53:55 AM »

I don't think he would still for very long when it comes to food. I forgot I had the kongs in the closet. That would have kept him entertained for a few minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster