September 15, 2019, 05:13:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag     flag     flag     flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scootchy celebrating her 6th B'day  (Read 947 times)
Scootchy and Yukon
Doesn't Bite!

« on: April 09, 2013, 11:23:12 PM »

Hi Everyone
It has been a long time since I have been here. I got Scootchy from you wonderful people in April of 2007. She was a rescue from Ohio.
I live in Canada. She is quite a little girl! She is happy and healthy. She has just had an ultra sound and is A+ with all her organs. She has torn the ligaments in her left hind leg. We will try for surgery in the fall. She must be kept quiet for a good 2 months or endanger it to repeat the tear. Winter is a good time to be able to keep her quiet enough to heal properly. Her and Yukon have the run of a fenced two acres and she is quite active. This is just a note to let you know she is having a happy life and a far cry from her abusive one in her first year of life. 
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 11:55:22 PM »

clapping So good to hear from you!! I'm sure Jan will be happy to hear from you, too.
Sorry to hear she has torn ligaments. How did that happen?

Would be nice to have pics! Smiley

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 07:09:55 AM »

Welcome back! Thanks for the update. Too bad about the bum leg. Hope it mends up well. And I agree, 6 years without pics is too long!  Grin

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 07:46:11 AM »

I am so glad you posted! I posted a couple months ago wondering how you're doing.

How did he hurt his leg? I agree....I would love to see pics!!

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Scootchy and Yukon
Doesn't Bite!

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 11:50:21 PM »

Well, if I could post pics I would. lol I think she hurt her knee by jumping off of the front deck. I live on a major route for migrating birds and she loves to chase them. She never gets any but that doesn't stop her from trying. lol The deck is about 4 feet off the ground so it is quite a jar to her legs when she does that. She is very hard to contain, she loves to run and play all the time. She has never been tied so I don't think she would like that very much. The vet said the ligaments would not heal on their own because she is a big dog. But he also said that the surgery might not last for her either. That is why the wait till fall when she is in the house more and not as many birds to chase.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 08:14:22 AM »

Try a product called Ligaplex II. You can get it at Pureformulas.com. It is a whole food supplement that targets connective tissues and helps strengthen them. It did wonders for Kiva. I have Kaden on it too just because Cairns can be prone to luxating patellas and such.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »

Glad to hear from you!  Good luck on the recovery...

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
Scootchy and Yukon
Doesn't Bite!

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 08:02:47 PM »

Thanks for the info. I will certainly look up web site and maybe try it. blushthanks
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 08:36:02 PM »

Why can't you post pics? Anything I can do to help?

Scootchy and Yukon
Doesn't Bite!

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 11:33:44 PM »

Just a note to let you all know that Scootchys' leg seems to have healed enough that she is no longer favoring it. I had her on Gluclosomine since January so maybe that has helped. My Vet checked it and said it seems to have come along on it's own. She says both knees feel identical now. She had offered to do surgery for half the original cost but says it looks like she won't be needing it. I am to keep an eye on it and let the Vet know if there is any change. I am a dummy when it comes to posting anything other than print. lol woof thud I am trying to get pics from my camera to computer and then will try and post.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 12:27:49 AM »

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

If you want to send me pics to post, send me a PM. I'll send you a email address that I use for that.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »

Wonderful news.  funny dance I would really enjoy seeing pics.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster