October 19, 2019, 07:54:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ghost     danceskel       dancing pumpkins     danceskel     ghost

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: little Mauser. RIP My Friend..  (Read 1311 times)
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« on: March 12, 2013, 12:16:34 AM »

We took The Butthole with us to check out the younguns. He was as lively as ever.  He showed the new ones
the ropes and put them in their place  right quick.  nipped them a few times, etc..  My little Monster.
  Dwarf doctored on him and his heart healed up.  Wish she could do the same for mine.
I really believe that he waited  for more family to take his place before he left. 

Today he ate well and ate a chicken leg quarter snack.  I had noticed some swelling , Spleen and liver I expect.
  He waited on me to get home and let him and the younguns  in this evening.  He refused supper and
layed down behind Dwarf and we went into the bedroom and he layed down beside my side of the bed
and had his first seizure.,shortly before I think.

He wandered around the house staggering but under his own power. I could tell by his eyes that he was scared and was having panic attacks.

He wanted out just about midnite and he went out into the rain and got almost to the gravesite and layed down and died...   From about 6 pm until midnite...  That quick..  I had prayed to the lord, holding hands with Dwarf for the lord to cure him or make it quick , here at home..  The lord came thru as always..

I thank him for lettin' Mauser Maxim Von Parker stay with us another year.  Years ago I would have cursed my God.  Now I thank him for everything in my life.  Bad AND good..

He was diagnosed almost to the day  with Cancer LAST march.  So A year..  A Gift.   Thank the lord for  Dwarf..
  She and Mauser had a lot in common.. Short and Nasty..  She says that he had her ears and MY feet..

I  tend to wander at times like this and it seems strange to other folks that I deal with grief like this. It is my way to grieve..
  Tommorow I will lay out of work to take care of his remains. I will call the ogre and tell him... and he will understand..  I have a good extended family member in him..  The Dwarf is takin' it awful hard.  HELL I'm
having a hard time believing it..   6 hours..   6 DAMN HOURS.. from greetin' me home to meetin' Dobber Dawg at the bridge.
  I thank the lord for his ease in passing.  I thank him for my family and friends.  Dwarf and I will round up our family at the rainbow bridge and make a convoy goin'across.

Thanx for the hopes and prayers folks.   Here is my little buddy in better days..     Doc Stan.. blushthanks

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 12:25:36 AM »

Thank the Lord it went quick and was at home. I'm so sorry that he's gone, Doc. group hug

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:36:12 AM »

Doc, I'm so very sorry.  Words come hard..  Just know my thoughts are with you and Dwarf.  group hug
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:04:45 AM »

I am so very sorry for your loss. 

It broke my heart to read he was scared and had panic in his eyes. 

He lived such a good life with you guys.

Run free at the bridge Mauser..there's so many good pets there.....

big hug

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:17:54 AM »

I'm so very sorry.   group hug

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 10:49:22 AM »

Doc, I am really sorry that Mauser is gone. It's nice to know he passed away at home and I am sure it was comforting for him although he seemed a bit panicky. You and Dwarf will be in my thoughts today.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »

Doc, My heart goes out to you and Dwarf. Mauser was a good boy until the end. I'm sure he was comforted that his family was with him.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 03:17:59 PM »

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 05:03:35 PM »

I'm so sorry for your loss Doc and Dwarf.  group hug

Life is sweeter with a six pack!

pyrennial
Dog Addict!

Pandora, Sept 19 2001-Feb 11, 2012

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 05:31:12 PM »

I'm so sorry for you loss of your loved one.  He will be deeply missed.  group hug

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

I miss you both.  RIP my beloved Pandora & darling Mason.
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 11:32:56 AM »

Oh, Doc...just catching up...you have been through so much heartache...I am glad that he chose to go at home, surrounded by loved ones he knew were there to see him cross the Bridge.  So hard to lose a friend...I guess that as time goes on, we eventually get around to losing a lot, and can only take comfort in the memories and love they gave us as they shared our lives... group hug

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster