October 19, 2019, 08:18:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ghost     danceskel       dancing pumpkins     danceskel     ghost

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Sweet Baby Is Gone  (Read 8422 times)
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« on: January 07, 2013, 09:45:08 PM »

With a heart broken beyond imagination, I wanted all of my DA family to know that Kiva is gone to Rainbow Bridge. She passed away today at home in my arms. Poor little girl started going down quickly the last couple of days. Last night I came home and she was covered in blood. Something ruptured on her chest and left a hole in her little body. I had a home hospice for pets come out today to release her from her cares. I was so very blessed to get to cradle her in my arms during the procedure and she slipped peacefully with Daddy holding her. We took her to the pet cemetery where she rests in peace with my sister's pets.

Bye bye my sweet little girl. I will miss you forever. If I lived five lifetimes, I would never have or love a dog as sweet as you.

The pain and loss is indescribable.  crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 12:25:20 AM »

crying I'm so so so sorry! 
I don't know what more to say right now. 
Know that I am in tears and I have you in my thoughts.
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 02:41:46 AM »

crying  Oh Layne.  I am so very sorry.  Sending you hugs across the miles.   group hug

Sleep sweetly, Kiva.   angel

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 02:50:05 AM »

Oh, Layne.... crying group hug

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 05:33:29 AM »

Old Buddy , it ain't often I am brought to tears about other folks lost ones. crying
 I guess my hide ain't as thick as I thought.
       angel
    Bless your little one... Doc..

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 06:39:33 AM »

Layne,

My heart aches for you.  My eye's are leaking for a little dog that i never met but yet lived with all these years.

May knowing she's no longer in pain bring you some peace and that she's running at the bridge with so many good pets that went before her.

I will say again that you are one of the best dog daddy's i have ever known.

Watch Kaden as he will probably be grieving also.  Poor little guy probably doesn't know what's going on.

Gentle hugs Layne....

group hug
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:51:53 AM by janpo1 » Logged

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 08:27:33 AM »

I can't say it any better than those who wrote before me. I've been coming to this board every morning to check on Kiva and you, both of whom I have never met. And when I saw the title of your post this morning, my heart immediately began to ache and my eyes filled with tears.

I am so sorry, Layne. Kiva was the heart of your heart and a brave girl for her daddy until the end. I wish there were words I could say to ease your grief. Just know that we all are thinking of you and sending you love.
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

Pandora, Sept 19 2001-Feb 11, 2012

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 09:05:57 AM »

crying

they fill our lives and break our hearts.

you have my unending sympathies on your loss.   group hug

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

I miss you both.  RIP my beloved Pandora & darling Mason.
Dave
Administrator

It's Minnie!

dogaddicts
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 09:07:50 AM »

I'm so sorry.

As our friend since the beginning of DA, our collective hearts break with this.

i keep thinking of your second post, back in 2005...

I have a Cairn terrier named Kiva who  is a handful of naughtiness. She is stubborn, independent, bossy, and very much a Cairn.

Thank you for sharing Kiva's journey throughout the past 8 years.  What a wonderful life Kiva lived.

Thoughts with you....

"Well, experience has taught me that Terri is Terri and Dave is Dave
except for those really numerous threads where Terri is actually Dave or Dave is really Terri." Grin --pos
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »

Oh, Layne.... crying...my thoughts and prayers are with you.  Like so many others, I cherish the last eight years of getting to know sweet Kiva, and feel proud to have been able to witness the journey the two of you took together.  She will always be in your heart-- rest assured that she is free of pain and suffering and back to her naughty little self, bossing all the other pets at the Bridge... group hug  You were the best dog daddy a pup could ever wish for...

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 02:16:33 PM »

My heart aches because I've experienced the pain you are in now and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. My thoughts are with you.  group hug

Eightdogs4me
Dog Addict!

My two outlaws

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 05:35:53 PM »

Oh Layne, I've been more of a lurker for the last couple of years, but have been checking in daily to see how Miss Kiva's been doing.  I've known from your posts this day was coming much more quickly than anyone wanted, especially you.  But, you did right by her.  You provided Kiva with a wonderful life full of love and care.  You did everything in the world that you could to keep her comfortable during her final months.  Kiva was such a special girl and I grieve for you and with you, she will definitely be missed.  Hold tight to Kaden, be a comfort for one another. 

Godspeed, Kiva, girl, your daddy loves you very much.  group hug

banana wave Emily and the Gang! banana wave
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »

Thank you all for your love, kindness, and support. I wasn't able to come to the board yesterday. Day two of missing Kiva was not any better than day one. Last night I made a memory chest for her. It has her toys, medicines, leash, collar and harness, all the pics I've taken over the years, and the blanket she was wrapped in when she entered her rest. It's in the living room on my steamer trunk. When I first brought her home, I had a picture of me holding her little puppy body and kissing her. This past Sunday my sister came over and took another picture of me holding her the same way and kissing her. I'm so very thankful I got that last picture in of us together.

Kaden has been a good boy. He comes around every so often to comfort me. He knew she was sick. He spends a lot of time lying the in bedroom now. Kiva gave him self confidence since she had more than enough for herself.

I miss her so much. My heart goes out to all of you who have had to say goodbye to your fur kids.  group hug

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 12:57:19 PM »

Thanks for checking in. It does get better.. she will always be in your heart and memories.  group hug

Keep an eye on Kaden, dogs go through the grieving also.

I would love to see those 2 pictures.
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 03:14:11 PM »

group hug 

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 08:51:23 PM »

oh Layne Im soooo sorry. giving you a big hug right now. as im wiping away my tears....

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 09:52:19 PM »

Again thank you for your thoughts and remembering Kiva. I love DA.

I will have to have those pics scanned. Or at least one of them. It was taken with 35mm.

I was talking with my sister tonight and we were recounting all the naughty stuff Kiva used to do like knock the phone out of my hand when I was on it and she wanted to play. Many pieces of furniture have the gnaw marks from when she tried to chew her way to her kong when it rolled under the furniture. Once she shredded my uniforms for work and there is the ever infamous tunneling through the walls in my apartment because she felt the need, I assume, to have short cuts. She was so naughty but she loved everyone. Every person she met was her new best friend.

I sure miss my little princess.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 10:30:33 PM »

It's nice when you think of things you hadn't thought of in years.  I'm glad your sister is there to help you through this.

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 08:57:03 AM »

Glad you can remember the happy times.
I post this all the time but I think its so true when you lose a dog. "Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened" -Dr. Suess.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 10:26:22 AM »

My sister has been wonderful. We talk every day and she comes by the house to take me on errands because she doesn't want me driving due to my untimed and random bouts of grief.

I'm glad they came out with digital cameras especially the video imaging. I have some good pics of Kiva and some funny video of her too. The cameras are a butt pain but once you figure them out (if you ever do) they are a blessing. I'm downloading everything to a jump drive today and placing that in her memory chest.

iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 07:03:24 PM »

cant wait for the pics...your stories of her made me smile. i hope it makes you smile too.

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 10:02:19 PM »

Oh,Layne. I'm so sorry. I'm so so so glad she had you as her dad, many people don't appreciate naughtiness the way you do! I don't know what ot say, I'm sitting here bawling now.

group hug group hug to you I hope you can find peace in your great memories of her.

Life is sweeter with a six pack!

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »

Oh Layne!  I am so very sorry for your loss  group hug  My heart aches for you!   crying

RIP Kiva the Diva  Run free at the bridge Sweet Girl!  We loved you as if you were our own   crying

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 10:29:36 PM »

Today was my first day back at work. I did well until I got home and there was no Kiva to sit by my feet waiting for me to drop something she snatch up.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 12:37:28 AM »

group hug
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster