December 16, 2017, 03:19:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Santa wave       xmasscene       Santa wave

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another CAS at the shelter!  (Read 2808 times)
megs
Dog Addict!

« on: January 07, 2013, 09:08:50 AM »

It's so hard to believe that they get CAS so frequently.  Looking through some of the older pictures from some of the volunteers, there are several other CAS and they even had a few young CAS puppies a while back.

I have looked and looked online and have not seen any other CAS that have natural ears and tails.  They usually crop the ears very short, almost removing the whole ear flap.  They also usually have their tails docked but not super short.  I wonder why all the ones from that area don't have the cropping done.  They look like totally different dogs with their ears short.  They look much more menacing.

This guy is cute, but my Sidney Bean is much cuter.   wink2

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24939246

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:49:07 AM »

I have to admit, I had never even heard of them until you found Sidney.

This one's young too, Do you think people are getting them and then finding they are just too much of a handful and dumping them?
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:21:27 PM »

I never heard of them either before you.
I'll have to agree with Trisha, seems like people don't know about the breed before getting the dog.

megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 01:04:30 PM »

That is very possible.  He and Sid could be from the same litter for all I know.   head scratch

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 05:32:27 PM »

Ear cropping and tail docking cost money and it sounds like whoever is "breeding" these guys doesn't care about who they go to or what happens with them to have so many ending up in the shelters. I wonder if you have a dog fighting ring with them or something more too it.....

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Looking forward to spring!

dawnk777
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 10:55:59 AM »

I like them with the ears better! Just checked on google images.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 11:21:21 PM »

Saw on Facebook that Oreo went to his new family today.   clapping
I feel like sending the shelter a message to pass my info along to them so if they experience issues I can help with my limited knowledge and experience.  I found alot of reassurance talking to the breeder I found on Facebook. Maybe I should just mind my own business.   rotfl

-Henry Rollins
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »

That might not be a bad idea. Maybe save another dog from being returned.

megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 02:40:12 PM »

Just found out that they have THREE more CAS at the shelter!  These dogs have their ears and tails done and are from the same breeder as the others they get in.   enraged

The one they have the picture of is a female named Daisy.  If Sid wasn't such a handful, I would consider getting another one.   outahere  DH would have me committed to a mental hospital.

-Henry Rollins
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 03:21:21 PM »

Someone needs to look into that breeder and find out why so many are ending up in the shelters!

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 09:04:23 PM »

I would think the breeder, if responsible, would be the first person to look into why the dogs are being surrendered to shelters. It's this type of situation that calls for breeders to be licensed and regulated by the state.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 08:26:41 AM »

My guess is the breeder is turning them in him\herself probably something in the line they don't like and don't want to find homes for the dogs, sad, but it happens all the time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster