October 19, 2017, 06:46:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mia (Nika) has to go back :-(  (Read 9971 times)
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 09:41:58 PM »

She's a beautiful girl. Love that glossy coat. I thought Dobie at first but the head isn't right it seems.  huh?

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 01:54:07 AM »

Someone is fostering her for the week to see if they want to adopt her.  I hope she finds a great home!

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 07:04:56 AM »

The new girl looks a lot like Molly.  Molly is g/s and dobie mix.  The only thing is this girls face is darker than Mollys.  Molly has more brown on it but they do look a lot alike.  

Have a great time on your cruise!  You leave today don't you?  Is it a week cruise?  

Here's Molly in her pool..

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:09:15 AM by janpo1 » Logged

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »

Awwww!  I love pics of Molly in her little pool!  luvsmile

We originally were supposed to leave nn the 16th and that would''ve been a 6 day with a balcony.

Our agent called and said if we leave on the 8th, we can get a room above the promenade and cruise for 8 days!   funny dance

Our ports of call are from Ft. Lauderdale; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Labadee, Haiti; back to Ft. Lauderdale.

We've been to St. Maarten and San Juan, so we probably will stay on the ship when all the other tourists get off.

I loved RC's little island Labadee.  They had hammocks hanging everywhere!

That will give me a day to lay out on a lounge chair.  Eric likes this class of ship because of all the things to do on it.

He'll be riding the flow rider, playing basketball, dodge ball, etc.   He's not much for just laying out. 

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 11:37:15 PM »

So I received a call from the 100+ Abandoned Dogs rescue. 

They placed Lola with a family that has kids.  The kids are too excited and it's not the environment for Lola

They are picking her up tomorrow.  The girl Amy said she is very skiddish.

Do I want to try another dog that might freak out?  huh?

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2012, 01:03:48 AM »

How long did they have her? Don't they test meet dogs and families? Especially with kids
Did they say what happened? Might be different with you. Kids can make dogs very excited and nervous.

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2012, 06:42:04 AM »

I'm surprised also if they placed a dog with kids without testing her.  How dogs relate to kids and other dogs are two different things.

My last dog Ginger adored kids but hated other dogs .  I am very lucky Molly adores kids because i honestly don't know what i'd do if she didn't get along with these grandbabies.  Lucky for me, Molly thinks these babies are hers.

AJ, I'd ask the rescue what they think before doing anything and then bring Duke out there to see how they react to each other.

Oh and your cruise ports sound wonderful.  Even after i was sick for so long after the cruise, i'd still think i'd do it again.  I know my husband just yesterday said he'd go on another cruise.  Grin

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2012, 12:36:41 PM »

I spoke to the girl Amy this morning....I guess the woman helps when 100+ Abandoned needs people to go to the Everglades to find strays, etc.

They're actually going to be going down there on Dec 22nd, if they get enough funds.  I might volunteer to go.

Anyway, Amy said that the kids were going to be in school most of the day and that the woman felt that she could work with her.
When the kids came home from school, Lola was afraid of all the noise from the toys, etc.

I will probably take Duke to Camp Canine, to meet her tomorrow.  Camp Canine is a day care that doesn't have dogs in crates.
Lola is with a bunch of other dogs all day, so I don't forsee Duke being a problem.

I explained to Amy, the situation with Mia.  She said she hasn't seen any aggressive behavior at all.  Seems to me that when Mia was new to my house, she was fine till she started to get more situated.  We'll see!

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »

So I went down to check out Lola!  She is smaller than Duke.  I thought she was Dobie size. 

We're looking for a larger dog.  So I think we'll wait till we come back from our cruise. 

www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster