December 13, 2017, 10:33:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Santa wave       xmasscene       Santa wave

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: waiting waiting waiting  (Read 1439 times)
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

Pandora, Sept 19 2001-Feb 11, 2012

« on: November 07, 2012, 08:56:51 PM »

So the adoption of the first puppy fell through.  Although he was closer to us geographically I knew in my heart this was not the right puppy for us. The rescue people were nuts and had no idea about pyr behaviour or needs.

In the meantime I had been speaking with a second rescue agency, who does a LOT of pyr rescues........AND they have another possible puppy for me. 
I passed the phone interview on Monday and I was to let them know about puppy #1 before they called my vet reference and passed me the phone number of puppy #2's foster family.  Not only that but..... the agency that Daisy Mae is from - knew them, had dealt with them in the past and offered to write a recommendation for me and tell them that they had a completed home visit on file and we were AWESOME people.

So I've heard back from agency #1 and they've decided to place him with "a family in the area"   read someone who will agree to their terms.

AND I've emailed Rescue #2 and told them we are able to proceed.  I know my contact is travelling today but I should hear back soon, tomorrow or Friday at the latest.  It will mean a long drive for us to go and pick up the puppy but......... 

fingers crossed I should have a puppy in about two weeks.

I think the uncertainty is part of what had me so down yesterday.  I was missing Pandora & Mason so much and I just didn't know what was happening.  I hated the suspense, not knowing what to do or how to proceed or when or how to make plans. 

It's time to start puppy proofing the house and anticipating my bundle of fluff.  }jumphappy{  }jumphappy{  }jumphappy{

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

I miss you both.  RIP my beloved Pandora & darling Mason.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:12:53 PM »

Oh! That is great!!  I am so happy for you! And I can't wait to see puppy pics!

I know what you mean about the uncertainty.  We went through that with Suzie. It is hard.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:47:35 PM »

Awesome. You have a good perspective on this by keeping your options open. Two weeks. Not so bad. I paid for my puppy before it was born. I had to wait weeks for that and then the agony of waiting through the weening period. Every week I got new pics of all the little doggies.  I was given first pick of the litter and it took hours to finally choose Kiva. She was so pretty and I loved her calm, independent attitude. But enough................

Make sure you get plenty of pics. And have fun puppy proofing!  funny dance

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 07:10:57 AM »

It can be hard to trust that the right dog will find it's way to you, but it sounds like you are on your way!

That is so exciting! I can't wait to see pics and to hear how Daisy Mae responds to a pup!
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 07:13:58 AM »

Well - he's not a breeder pup.  He's coming from a Southern Rescue group - unfortunately one of many rescued from a backyard breeder.  
And he will probably be 14 weeks old when we finally get him. Still a young puppy.  We are hoping he'll be healthy but he is at the moment and that's what counts.  

I had contacted the responsible breeder I wanted the puppy from and she's planning a litter for Nov with a delivery date of January.  And there was the possibility that all those puppies had been pre-sold.  If the litter had been larger than expected - we might have gotten a puppy - but equal chance we might not.

I had been looking at two puppies and one 9 mos old.  I have the time right now to devote to training a puppy and - besides this way I get to have a puppy FOR CHRISTMAS.

Having a dog is so much a part of my everyday.  That without it feels like I'm not really living.  Daisy is too quiet.  She never barks, she never demands,  she doesn't even seek us out to be petted, we have go to her.  Goodness knows I've held her and cried too much in the last few months.

And she can't even manage the stairs to sleep in our room with us.

a puppy is just the tonic I need.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 08:23:05 AM »

Hoping all goes well and you will find a puppy soon...does indeed sound like a tonic!

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 06:20:08 PM »

Happy Yell HI5  Happy Yellclapping  Happy Yell }jumphappy{ Happy Yell clapping Happy Yell HI5 Happy Yell

PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY!

I'm getting a PUPPY!

okay - now I have to focus on the logistics of getting him here.  

Happy Yell HI5  Happy Yellclapping  Happy Yell }jumphappy{ Happy Yell clapping Happy Yell HI5 Happy Yell
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:22:29 PM by pyrennial » Logged

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 07:30:19 PM »

HI5

Details?  When? 

megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 07:42:05 PM »

}TD2{   }TD2{    }TD2{    }TD2{    }TD2{

Oh, a Pyr pup.  I could cry!  I'm so happy for you!  Can't wait to hear all about it!

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 07:56:57 PM »

SOOOOOO excited for you!!!!!  }jumphappy{

Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 02:27:19 AM »

YAY!! I second the motion! We need details, as well as any available pictures!

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster