October 17, 2017, 08:25:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The decision has been made.  (Read 2095 times)
megs
Dog Addict!

« on: November 06, 2012, 03:27:01 PM »

HE IS OURS!!!!!!! turk

Andy and I will be picking him up Thursday !  We are keeping it a secret from Nicholas and will surprise him when he gets home from school.  So excited!!!

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 03:41:31 PM »

Happy Yell Happy Yell Happy Yell Happy Yell Happy Yell Happy Yell Happy Yell woof
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »

Happy Yell Happy Yell Happy Yell  turk Congratulations!!

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 04:06:00 PM »

turk  Happy Yell clapping HI5 }jumphappy{  big hug

I'm so happy for you! Nicholas is going to be so surprised! 

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »

What a great surprise!!!!!!! You need to get his reaction on video.

pyrennial
Dog Addict!

Pandora, Sept 19 2001-Feb 11, 2012

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »

}jumphappy{ }jumphappy{ }jumphappy{ }jumphappy{ }jumphappy{

That's wonderful news.  Congratulations.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

I miss you both.  RIP my beloved Pandora & darling Mason.
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »

Oh thats gonna be a great surprise!

Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 08:12:28 PM »

WOOOT!!! I second Kim, I wanna see what happens Grin

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 10:52:06 PM »

Congratulations on adopting a new fur kid! How exciting!  celebratestars cheer woohoonana

I would love to see Nicholas' reaction.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 06:45:55 AM »

Happy Yell Happy Yell Happy Yell Happy Yell Happy Yell

Take pictures!! I want to see Nicholas's face!!!

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 09:12:05 AM »

Congratulations!!!!  Let us know how it goes!

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »

When are you picking him up? 

megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »

We just got home about 20 minutes ago.  Picking him up was uneventful (though I wish they would have given him a bath!) and it only took four workers and a towel over his head to get him in the truck.  He was very calm in the car once he got comfortable and helped himself to a pack of peanut butter cups I didn't know was in there.   Roll Eyes

When we got home, I told him to go potty and he peed!   }jumphappy{  Hung out in the yard for a while where he zoomed and ate grass, sniffed and explored.  We came in the house and it's clear he hasn't had much exposure to household things.  He walked straight into the book case that has a glass front, he's terrified of the television and won't even go near it.  He jumped on the couch twice but hasn't tried again.  He smells too bad to be on the furniture and besides, DH doesn't like dogs on the couch  kick

He won't go near his crate, which is going to be an issue.  No idea what I will do with him tomorrow when we aren't home!

He has the cutest face and way about him.  He's a little wild, he's a 110 lb. puppy in every sense of the word.  I didn't realize that he's taller than Seejay until he was looking over the back of the couch at me.  Seejay couldn't do that! 

I will take pics and update because I know this is going to be interesting. 

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

Pandora, Sept 19 2001-Feb 11, 2012

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 03:33:36 PM »

HI5  Happy Yell

well - best of luck. Sounds like a handful.

if it wasn't so hard to get him in the truck a day at the groomers tomorrow getting a bath might be a good idea. 

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

I miss you both.  RIP my beloved Pandora & darling Mason.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »

I'm sure he will used to the things in the house.
 When we got Minnie we had to force and push her through the door just to get her in the house!

I wonder why he is so afraid of trucks?

Best of luck and I'm looking forward to all the stories!  Did you end up naming him Axe?

iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 07:13:05 PM »

I hope he gets use to everything quickly, im sure he will with all the loving he is getting.
Cant wait to hear how bath time goes! Lol!

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »

funny dance

Puppies are challenging but worth every minute of it. A day at the spa sounds like a good idea. He gets a good sprucing and you know where he is and that he is out of trouble.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 08:31:50 PM »

This dog is a chicken, chicken, chicken!  He won't go up the stairs.  His gangly legs are so awkward and he is very unsure of himself.  He's afraid of the rolling computer chair, the printer and the gurgly sound the sink makes when the washing machine is on.

But he is so dang cute.

-Henry Rollins
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »

As you know...  It's going to take time for him to adjust. Who knows what he's been through.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 11:31:28 PM »

He sounds like Kaden when I first adopted him. Everything startled him, car starting, tv noises, wadding up a piece of paper. There's no end. He's gotten better at some things and others not. He is deathly afraid of bubble wrap...still. Don't even think of dropping something when he is near by. So I get the chicken dog syndrome you're experiencing.

Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 03:25:00 AM »

Kahaus was a huge chicken. It got better over time, but it took years for him to feel fully secure in his environment. Your guy sounds young enough that he should bounce back from any bad experiences fairly quickly, and most genetic/personality related fear can be managed with desensitization.

I haven't looked at the unread threads yet, but I'm just gonna say that we want PICTURES! And, if you already have some up, we want MORE! Grin

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 07:05:22 AM »

Molly was deathly afraid of black trash bags and halloween decorations.

We got her Oct 10th so Halloween came right after and she spooked at anything in people's yards.  That's passed.  She still does though attack the vacuum cleaner every single time i use it.  head scratch  I think it's just fun now for her to attack it.

Molly also gets spooked by loud noises or things falling by her.  Maybe its a rescue thing or just a dog thing.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster