October 17, 2017, 08:27:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't take the torture any more!!!  (Read 1164 times)
megs
Dog Addict!

« on: November 03, 2012, 04:18:16 PM »

footstomp

Ugh!  We went to the shelter to visit.  Good news is that Max is still there.  The other guy who is interested him currently has no power from the storm so they are waiting until he is able to call.

My husband likes him too.  Nicholas cried when we put him back in his cage.  But he and I have a "thing"...we understand each other.  lol

Interestingly enough, they have another young CAS who came in as a stray on the 28th.  He's really lanky, like a bean pole.

I opened up the back door of my Jeep and Max freaked out.  Tried to get away and then laid down.  I was planning on sitting on the tail gate and giving him treats but I couldn't even get him close enough to the truck.  I hope this other guy doesn't live in walking distance because that would surely give him an advantage!

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 05:15:49 PM »

big hug  Awww! Poor Nicholas! Not knowing is the worst!  I hope they let you know soon!

Any pictures of the lanky one?

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 08:55:34 PM »

OMG. I'm losing mind. This game of pitty patty they are playing is wrecking my nerves. What the hell is so special about grandpa that they withhold an adoption to a wonderful family?  pulling hair

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 10:43:27 PM »

I understand the guy wants the dog also.. But why hold a dog back now? I'm sure they will have many lost dogs and will need the room for them.  Seems they are playing games, to me.
What is so special about this guy?

Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 03:49:46 AM »

Have you asked why he is receiving preferential treatment?

Some rescues pride themselves on not rushing any adoption for the sake of space or money, but on waiting to find exactly the right home for each dog; maybe it's a matter of collective conscience? huh?

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 07:22:53 AM »

This makes absolutely no sense at all to me.  head scratch

Why would they wait this long when a perfectly good family is ready and willing to adopt NOW???

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Dave
Administrator

It's Minnie!

dogaddicts
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 08:16:11 AM »

I understand what you are going through. 

Getting suzie was a real test of my patience.  Seemed like every possible thing that could happen to throw a wrench in the works, did happen.

Stay on it. We are all pulling for you.

Dave

"Well, experience has taught me that Terri is Terri and Dave is Dave
except for those really numerous threads where Terri is actually Dave or Dave is really Terri." Grin --pos
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster