October 19, 2019, 07:57:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ghost     danceskel       dancing pumpkins     danceskel     ghost

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remembering  (Read 1613 times)
megs
Dog Addict!

« on: October 07, 2012, 06:01:58 PM »

Coming home to this empty house has been unpleasant.  I still hear nails clacking on the floor and I miss the warmth of a big Pyr head on my lap.
I am so thankful for you guys here and that this site has offered me the opportunity to chronicle the lives of my dogs.  I co uld spend hours looking through old threads and old pictures of my dogs.

I don't know what the future holds for us as far as dogs go but I don't want to get too used to not having one around.

So, thank you all for indulging me with my stories and pictures over the last many years.   luvsmile

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 06:07:36 PM »

group hug group hug group hug 

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 06:19:30 PM »

Thank you for sharing with us.   group hug  I'm glad we have all the pictures and stories for you to look back on.
How is Nicolas ?
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 06:20:42 PM »

Gentle hugs  group hug

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »

big hug

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 08:16:58 PM »

Hugs. We are here for you.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 10:03:24 PM »

Please accept my condolences. I hope some day you get to enjoy another Pyr head in your lap.  group hug group hug

You're right. DA is a chronicle and historical archive for so many people. There is a lot of love and joy recorded here. I'm glad you find some comfort knowing your memories are here to be revisited when you're ready.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 09:39:48 AM »

Having all of the pictures and old threads has helped me over the years as I have missed Kahaus. Whenever I miss him, I look at old pictures of how happy he was. Seejay was a big happy goofball, too. Both our boys had those somewhat triangular, big dog "sad" eyes from what I recall.

I'm sorry you had to put him down. Now he doesn't have to feel all that pain anymore. group hug

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »

Nicholas was in rough shape.  Seeing your 10 year old son laying on top of his dog after she's passed away is not easy to take.  We had a busy weekend and my husband went and got Nicholas the video game he's been coveting.
He misses her and feels the emptiness in the house too but he's much better at getting on with it than I am.

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 02:56:07 PM »

I'm so sorry, megs group hug Ivy and Seejay are both at rest now, pain-free. Poor Nicholas wimpering

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »

Megs, I am so very sorry for your loss.  group hug

KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 12:04:43 PM »

group hug

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: