July 09, 2020, 12:18:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag       flag       goodmorning       flag       flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not barking at the dog in the truck next to us!  (Read 1038 times)
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« on: September 29, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »

Went to the drive-thru at the credit union today. A guy drove up, in a truck, with a black lab in the back seat.  Jasmine noticed almost right away and I could tell she was all quivery.  Then that truck got to move up to the place where the tubes are and Jasmine made one little woof, that I barely heard.  Then it's my turn to move up to the tubes and Jasmine can see the dog again. They both looked at each other through the window, but that dog didn't bark and neither did Jasmine!  This is the same dog who sometimes when we see a dog, goes into full red alert!  Not sure where she pulled all that self-control from!

The other day, I fed her in our bedroom, and that's where the bowl was left.  The next day, I went to feed her in the morning and the bowl was still in the bedroom.  It seems that usually, when I feed her in the afternoon, I move the bowl to the living room then.  If the bowl was still in the bedroom, I think that means she only got half her food that day.  blush  When the kids were home, they often did the 2nd feeding.  Not sure how I forgot.  I'm usually quite good at making sure everyone is fed.  It's a good thing that dogs are forgiving.  I'm not sure why Jasmine didn't get more pest-like, that afternoon, either.  She was following me around, but it never got more than that.

She survived my ineptness and has been fed properly since then.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 07:36:18 PM »

What a good girl for having such self control. Don't worry about the missed meal. It's good to fast them once in a while.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
A.J.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »

Happy Yell  Jasmine!  What a good girl!

Down here in FL, we have panhandlers on almost every corner.  Every time they come near the car, I think Cana's gonna go through the window.
She also hates people on bikes and motorcycles.

Sometimes if I don't see them, she starts barking and scares the heck out of me! 
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »

There is a big black lab that lives across the street from us. That is the only dog Suzie does not bark at, unless he comes across the street to our yard. She barks at any other dog.. Like a 'hey come play' bark/whine.  But not Bandit.  Kinda weird..  But then again I am glad because  she sounds psycho when she does bark!

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »

Jasmine doesn't bark at the bichon across the street.  She is used to seeing him.  I don't know how much she's seen the American Eskimo behind us.  Usually, he's outside on a line by their side door, so we can't see him.  Sometimes he's out in the backyard with the family. 

That psycho bark?  That's what she would have sounded like, if she had started barking!  LOL!

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster