December 16, 2017, 03:12:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Santa wave       xmasscene       Santa wave

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terrible Flea Season  (Read 4072 times)
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« on: June 29, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »

For years I have gone without a flea issue with Kiva or Kaden. This year it's different. The fleas are the worst.  I comb the cairnadoes daily,vacuum daily, wash bedding three times per week, and use Frontline Plus on them both as well as natural flea repellants. And they still have fleas. I went to the little grooming shop today to buy some treats ( they sell all the premium brands and all the raw brands of foods). The owner said this is the worst flea season she has seen her 20+ years of grooming. Everyone is complaining about how bad they are. She is also adding yeast to her dogs' diets and had the yards treated with organic flea control products.

How is everyone else doing with the fleas this year? 

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 07:04:15 AM »

I just saw a couple fleas on one of my cats yesterday.  I treat them with Advantage.  I am assuming that all the creatures have them. 
I tried powdering them down with DE but it really messed up the dogs' coats when it got wet in the rain.  Got really clumpy and gross.

Good luck trying to get rid of them!  Ugh!

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:13:10 AM »

I know with the early warm weather we had they were saying it's supposed to be bad for fleas and ticks. I haven't seen any on Suzie.

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 11:39:43 AM »

No fleas here.   Knocking on wood.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »

Today has been better. I haven't noticed them scratching: put some extra raw apple cider in their dinner last night.

I think the fleas are coming from the dogs next door. The new neighbors have several yard dogs that only go inside when it's pouring rain. I doubt they get flea treatments or heart worm meds. I also noticed the squirrels are really scratchy too. With virtually no winter, it's no wonder.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 09:04:42 PM »

We never have as bad of an issue as the south, but like Jan, knock on wood, I haven't seen anything here.

iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 06:34:18 AM »

no fleas here either...knock on wood. I use frontline (in the spray container)...
eeks...is there something you can spray on the ground that isnt hazardous to keep the fleas from the neighbors away?

KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 11:42:31 AM »

Started out looking like a bad year for ticks but that seems to have waned a bit.  Praying the fleas stay away!

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 12:06:32 PM »

i hate ticks!

Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 02:52:11 AM »

Us too!  actually found on on corgi the other day and my dogs are scratching like mad!  Even with all the treatments, driving me nuts!  looked and looked, no fleas or ticks, bathed them and ack scratch scratch scratch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster