February 24, 2020, 05:51:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts line hearts

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally-O  (Read 1317 times)
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« on: June 21, 2012, 12:29:57 PM »

last night was Navajo's first day at Rally-O class. He did good! first time around he was like "whatever mom, I dont want to sit or listen"....2nd time around he was doing everything on cue.......3rd time & 4th time he was like "ok, been there done that, what else can we do"
He is the youngest pup in class too...everyone else is 2 and up.
when we first got there he had to bark at every dog. (he was happy to see his girlfriend from advanced class there.) I had to ask the ladies if he can meet their dogs, otherwise he will keep barking at them. LOL...sure enough, Navajo sniffed them.....then wanted to play. and the one lady that said no, because her dog was only a "people dog".....Navajo barked at it every time it walked past. i felt like saying "i warned you!"
he has such a deep bark everyone first gets scared, like he is a mean dog. He just wants to play...and gets happy when he sees other dogs.
Cant help it my boy is vocal and likes to have his presence known......and its either make friends with him, or he will bother you till you do!

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 01:17:41 PM »

Glad you had fun!
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 08:39:50 PM »

Dave here

Suzie is like that.  She will bark and bark at dogs passing by, in this deep mean sounding tone.  And anytime we introduce her to one of them, she is just has the greatest time playing...she really is a dog lover!
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »

It's fun to have a dog that can't tolerate being ignored.  Grin I've go two myself.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 11:03:04 PM »

Cant help it my boy is vocal and likes to have his presence known......and its either make friends with him, or he will bother you till you do!
I was wondering if he is taking after you. Grin rotfl
Kyra is the youngest of her classes too and she excels in her classes once she understands what she is suppose to do.  She has been a favorite in all her classes.
Navajo is going to be a favorite too.
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 08:24:35 AM »

LOL!
I think he is already the favorite..and the cutest too!

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 01:30:13 AM »

Spoken from a true mamma. rotfl
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 07:09:02 AM »

Navajo sure got bored with RallyO...I think he gets bored with waiting his turn. I did too...started yawning. Its only us and 3 other dogs...but they are older ladies that take FOREVER!!!!...OMG! LOL. when its time for us, he just wants to play with the leash. his new thing now at class...wants to play tug with the leash. eeeyyeeeyiee...(probably trying to hint "come on mom lets leave this place!"...thank god the treats helped him concentrate alittle.
So thankfully the intructor is going to add some agility stuff...that should help. (or just slow down the old ladies even more!)  not to be mean, but dang...me and navajo can finish the course in a few minutes...these ladies take at least 10! sometimes more...its so irritating. so add 10mins per lady..and we are sitting there for 1/2hr before its time for us to go again....thats ridiculous. I practice his tricks while we wait...or let him lay there......sometimes I feel like curling up on the floor with him. Wake me up when its our turn! LOL
I think I need to find other things to keep that puppy brain entertained. LOL
thankfully the instructor let us stay an extra 1/2 hr last night......so me and navajo were able to go 3 times. LOL! christ, the more i think of that..3 times in 1 1/2hrs!!!!! .the more I realize why he is soooo bored!

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 04:43:13 AM »

I agree. That is proly why he is so bored
Kyra chews on her leash when she gets stressed out.
Poor Navajo is telling you he is ready to go.
What's a puppy to do?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster