Apache
(1/4) > >>
iloveshepherds:
I think I posted before about Apache attacking Navajo when he was younger.....well since then I have always kept them seperated. I have baby gates installed in the doorways downstairs. They take turns on who is with me in the livingroom...or outside.
Its a real pain in the rear. I already tried the behaviorist. and i did not agree with his methods. Tried prosac, but that just put her into a super "attack" mode, and she jumped through my porch. (I think i posted on that too)

So my question is......does anyone know of any natural "calming" herbal remedies I can try with Apache. I tried the stuff at petstores but that doesnt do anything.

one day i want to try them together again...but she really hasnt changed. She still has that "crazy" look in her eyes. sometimes through the cat door at the bottom of the gate she will let Navajo lick her face and ears...but she is super tense. (she seems to be afraid of him, not sure if its cuz of his coloring or his smell...or what...but he is super sweet to her, and very submissive to her, but she freaks out)

You think after all this time she would have relaxed alittle...but nope. a Few months ago she started peeing in the house ....took her to the vet and everything was fine.just behavioral......took her back again cuz she looked skinny........ she lost 10lbs (I added extra treats and wet food to keep her eating...notice she only eats when Im in the room with her...or if I have her in the crate at night she will eat then...(they take turns on who sleeps in their crate)

There is a few times I caught them both playing through the gate...but i can count that on one hand.
just not sure what else there is to try....
oh and i tried the thunder shirt, that didnt do anything) tried the pheromones for a few months..and the pheromone collar....didnt notice anything.
minniesmom:
Wow, I'm sorry they aren't getting along better.
Maybe Layne will see this and give you some ideas on natural calming supplements.

Good luck!
iloveshepherds:
I'll try anything with her.
Wish they had medical marijuana out here cuz i think thats what she needs.  make her some special dog biscuits and put on Bob Marley for her. LOL!!!!!!!!!
minniesmom:
 ~_~@
Doc Stan:
Quote from: iloveshepherds on June 19, 2012, 09:05:59 AM

I'll try anything with her.
Wish they had medical marijuana out here cuz i think thats what she needs.  make her some special dog biscuits and put on Bob Marley for her. LOL!!!!!!!!!

As long as I can dog-sit for youall..    }jump{   Doc..
Navigation
Message Index
Next page