July 25, 2014, 01:43:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could I borrow your dog?  (Read 582 times)
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

Pandora, Sept 19 2001-Feb 11, 2012

« on: April 04, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »

It was just a beautiful day today.

The kind of day just made for a long walk with your dog.  Just not the same to walk - just humans.

It takes Mason 45 minutes to make it around the block.  The same distance we used to cover in.... 15 minutes or less.  He just wants to water a fire hydrant or the next light pole.  Oh well - it makes him happy.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

I miss you both.  RIP my beloved Pandora & darling Mason.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 10:29:17 PM »

It was beautiful here today too. Wish I had been off work so I could walk the cairnadoes. I'm off the next three days so maybe the weather will hold up.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 11:12:52 PM »

You can borrow Suzie! She will get you around the block in 45 seconds.  Roll Eyes
Not exactly a nice walk.. 
 group hug

Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 12:56:24 AM »

Aw, poor Mason! Kahaus was like that, too. I'm a pretty active lady and he just couldn't keep up with me when he got older. It sucks when you remember how playful and active they used to be... Sad

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 06:15:27 AM »

Molly goes in spurts.  Sometimes we walk like we're in a marathon and other times she stops to smell the roses.  Grin

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 08:52:45 AM »

I remember this happening with both Sheva and Daisy. big hug
Mikey
Forever exploring...
Dog Addict!

Country Fan

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 10:51:32 AM »

You can keep him... Grin It was great here to, yesterday and today!  I'm sorry to hear your pup is slowing down a bit though. It's never easy to watch.

RIP Sassy: Dec. 26th 1997-June 13, 2008
Forever loved
Mikey-5 year old pug/beagle mix
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 05:48:44 PM »

I'm having a particularly rough day - missing my girl. grieving.

it doesn't help that I have another show that we'll be doing this weekend. Tonight is the dress rehearsal at the theater and we'll be there Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

I'm sure once I get to the theater I'll be fine but.

We put in an application to adopt an 8 yr old female pyr.  She's four hours away - I'm not even sure if Mason will like her or not.  But I need to have a dog that needs me back.  I can't even go meet her until next weekend. I'm hoping we get approved but -given that we are so far away - they might decide it is too far and across an international border no less - that she needs to be placed somewhere closer to home.

I watch Mason fail a little more each day and wonder if adopting an old girl is the right thing to do.  I'm just going to start loving her & she'll break my heart all over again.

Hopefully I can go reapply my stage makeup on now without crying it all off again.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 07:54:34 PM »

group hug

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 08:11:20 PM »

crying I'm sorry you are having a bad day. They do seem to come up without notice, don't they?   group hug
I hope you can get the girl.  Try not to think negative, just know you are giving an old girl her forever home.  Best of luck to you. Let us know when you hear anything.

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »

It takes a very special person with a very special heart to adopt an older dog knowing the likelihood of losing them in a shorter span of time is much more likely than with a puppy. I'm so glad your opening up your heart to the possibility anyway and hope you can find peace in your grieving by giving another dog who needs you a wonderful home.

Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

somewhere I am depriving a village of an idiot !!

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 04:02:05 PM »

Amen.. big hug

Doc

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 10:46:26 PM »

First run through of the show went well tonight.  My performers did an amazing job. All the hard work paid off.

AND I have someone coming to do a home visit on Sunday (after I get home from the LAST show.)

one step closer to adoption.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 12:46:11 AM »

ohh!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!  big hug

Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 11:31:31 AM »

Yay for the home visit! I hope you get this dog. Good for you for considering rescue, even though you know that it might be tough on you to take on an older dog. group hug

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 06:13:58 AM »

sending good adoption thoughts your way!!!!! Keep us updated!

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 08:52:07 PM »

so - We've been approved.  clapping

the problem I'm facing now - is driving down to get her.  I'd like to bring Mason to meet her first but it means an overnight trip.  Which means that we either need to go down on Saturday & come home with her on Sunday.

OR take a day off work & we can't get the same days off work!

but if I'm reading the email I was just sent correctly - SHE's STILL AT THE POUND!  I thought she was in a foster home - but it looks like they may have left her in the shelter pending our adoption approval!

I may have to go down & get her myself and - skip the pre-approval  visit by Mason and just ~trust~ that they will get along.  head scratch 

so - I'm excited, nervous & scared all at the same time.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 09:04:34 PM »

They will get along great! I'm sure Mason has been missing a canine companion too...
Go for it! 

Keep us updated.   Grin

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 06:30:53 AM »

She's still at the pound?  That's scary to me.

Oh i hope it all works out.  She deserves a good home and i KNOW you can give it to her.

big hug

Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 07:06:11 AM »

That stinks that she's still at the pound. Poor thing. Can a friend make a road trip with you?
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 10:52:37 AM »

Things will work out I am sure. If she is at the pound, I would just by pass the rescue all together and go get her. Then arrange for her and Mason to meet on neutral ground like a dog park or something.

pyrennial
Dog Addict!

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 10:57:56 AM »

Happy Yell  Not any MORE - she's not!  Happy Yell

She is going to stay with a volunteer until Saturday when we can go down to get her.  phew 
I was really sweating thinking of this poor girl in the shelter until we could finagle transport.

She is from a broken home, when the couple split up each took TWO of their FIVE dogs and dropped her off at the shelter!  Can you imagine!
Apparently she's a real sweetie,

As much as I wanted to do a visit ahead of time - to make sure Mason would be okay with her - we are going to take a chance.  We are going to do the neutral ground visit but we've decided NOT to take Mason with us because it would be a REALLY long drive for him.  This way - We humans will get up early drive down & get her & then just drive back.  We'll park close to home & meet in the nearby park & then go for a walk together.  I'm not terribly worried. She's 8 & he's 10.  He sleeps 23 hours of the day anyway. 

I just can't find anyone to make the trip with me.  Anyone that is available doesn't have a passport & anyone that has a passport - unavailable. 

I'm hoping that because she comes from a house with so many other dogs - I'll be able to get a puppy after Mason passes.  Until then I'm hoping she won't annoy the h*ll out of Mason and she'll give me some distraction from my grief. 

She looks terrible in her photos - someone SHAVED her down! there's a theory that her coat was so badly matted that they decided there was no hope for it - I think the owners shaved her before dropping her off - but - it could have been the shelter staff too.  But in any case we'll be hiding in the house this summer - to prevent sunburn & HOPE her coat comes back in healthy. 

Don't look! she's naked!

* DaisyMae1.jpg (34.51 KB, 429x432 - viewed 49 times.)

* DaisyMay2.jpg (36.51 KB, 463x405 - viewed 22 times.)

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 11:27:23 AM »

Awwww she's cute!! 

How could they pick one dog to drop off?  wimpering Idiots.
I'm glad to hear she's not in the shelter anymore. We had to shave Minnie down when we first got her because she was so matted. Obviously,, if the 'owners' gave her up, they didn't do much to take care of her.

pyrennial
Dog Addict!

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2012, 11:32:02 AM »

She was the biggest? or the oldest? who knows how they came to a stupid decision like that.

Every report I get is that she is a total sweetheart -  crying   I'm happy - really I am - but I need her as much as she needs me.

Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2012, 12:17:20 PM »

Aww. what a cutie. I was going to put "little" before cutie, but that she isn't! I am sure someone will come through to help with the driving. I am sending you good jujube for that. Hang in there!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster