November 20, 2019, 09:42:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't believe she's gone....  (Read 2814 times)
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

Pandora, Sept 19 2001-Feb 11, 2012

« on: February 15, 2012, 02:19:54 PM »

On Saturday, Feb 11th - I lost my beloved Pandora. 

She did very well with Addison's  - her initial diagnosis was in Sept 2006 - and for a Great Pyrenees -the 10.5 years we had was all together too short but a pretty decent span for her breed.

She had a liver infection that put her in the emergency clinic for three days back in November - we didn't think she would recover - but she did.  She rallied and gave us another three months.  The final decision came when she lost the strength in her back legs and we knew she couldn't continue.

The grief is overwhelming at times.  I'm not doing very well.  Mason is still with us - but he's been acting like more of a senior than Pandora ever did.   The last 6-9 months you can see the arthritis settling in his joints.  He sleeps a lot.  Walks very slowly.  We'd like to let him live out his span before we consider adopting a new adult or a new puppy - as much as a new puppy would give us a distraction and a bit of sunlight in our dreary present existence - he's an old man on a good day and I don't want him to become a grumpy old man or a resentful old man.  To be honest - I don't think he's going to last much longer.  I love him but just not the same way - Pandora owned my entire heart. 

I wish I could just give myself time to grieve, unfortunately - I can't.  I'm a dance instructor and my annual student show is a little more than a week away.  The adult classes knew Pandora, as it wasn't at all unusual for me to schedule rehearsals at the house.  Pandora loved greeting the students at the door and seeing them off when they left.  They loved her and have been a great source of support for me.

But I can't cancel the show. The classes have worked too hard,  we donate the proceeds from the show to a local charity. 
What I have done is eliminated my solo spots.  I'll only be performing with the children's classes and even that is going to be difficult.

I'm torn - on one hand I'd like to curl up with my memories and allow myself time to grieve.
on the other - I need to accomplish a long list of to do items to make this show a success - or at least NOT a dismal failure.  It's not just my student show it represents my professional life.  I have delegated the tasks I can but.... there are certain things that only I can do. 
Any suggestions for getting through the next few weeks would be appreciated.

I know some of you remember Pandora and it helps to be with people who understand the grief.

Thank you for being here.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

I miss you both.  RIP my beloved Pandora & darling Mason.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 02:41:26 PM »

group hug I'm so very sorry. Pandora will be missed greatly.
On one hand, it's good you have some distractions and commitments to keep your mind busy, but I also know the need to grieve. I'm sure your students will do their best to make things easier for you.

RIP. sweet Pandora

Please check back and let us know how you are doing.  group hug
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 03:27:17 PM »

group hug group hug

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 06:55:11 PM »

I'm so sorry. I remember sweet Pandora and all that she's been through over the last couple years of her life. You both were so lucky to have each other.

I understand your pain.  group hug

pyrennial
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 07:41:36 PM »

Thank you.

the house just seems so empty without her.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 08:10:12 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  They leave a big hole in our houses and hearts, when they are gone.  I hope your show is a big success!   group hug

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 09:23:03 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss.  group hug The pain of losing a family member whether human or canine, can be seem overwhelming at times. The only words I can offer is to allow yourself to grieve in ways that are best for you. Everyone is different. I agree the show will help you some and it sounds like you have a good support group at home and work. We are always here for you too.  group hug

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:36 PM »

group hug  group hug

I am so sorry for your loss, RIP pretty girl and mommy will come get you at the bridge when the time is right!! angel  You will always be loved and missed but never forgotten!!  All of our beloved babies will help show you the way, run pain free at the bridge sweet girl!!!

Know that she no longer hurts or suffers and you will meet again, that is all that keeps me going with each one that I lose, because I know we will all be together again when it is time.. group hug
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 06:41:04 AM »

I am so very sorry for your loss.  RIP Pandora.  You join so many good pups at the bridge. 

You grieve however feels right for you.  There is no right or wrong way to grieve.   group hug

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »

I brought her ashes home today.  crying

I thought I was doing okay but it just brings it all back to the forefront.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 09:08:15 PM »

group hug
It made me feel better to have the ashes home with me.  It's hard at first, but gets better.
Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 01:22:52 PM »

It is very sad, when you first bring the ashes home but I find it brings me some comfort after awhile. I have Daisy beside Sheva along with their favorite toys. I talk to them sometimes.
Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 07:06:30 PM »

group hug I'm so late to this.  I'm sorry about Pandora.  group hug
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »

group hug  So sorry about Pandora.  My thoughts are with you. 

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »

the anniversary is approaching.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you.  I still miss you desperately. 

I miss your face, I miss your greetings, I miss your easy companionship, I miss our walks, I miss having you nearby when I sleep.  I miss having my bathmat rearranged into a comfortable dog pillow.  I miss your dirty foot prints in the shower.

crying I miss you.  crying  I miss you.   crying  I miss you.  crying

Trisha
Staff Writer

Hey, watcha' doin'?

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 05:04:43 PM »

wimpering

Oh, don't I know the feeling. It was a year for Daisy on Monday. Hang in there.  big hug
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 05:29:21 PM »

group hug To both of you
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 06:51:19 PM »

group hug   Doc..

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 10:55:02 PM »

The sense of loss can be overwhelming at times. Allow yourself to grieve, miss, and remember.  group hug

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 07:57:22 AM »

group hug

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »

crying

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2013, 08:37:19 PM »

group hug group hug group hug  I am so very sorry for your loss! 

Run free at the bridge Pandora!  RIP Sweetie pie!

I know it's hard.  I couldn't go to get Cana's ashes, E had to go.   wimpering

The pretty box she's in, is on my end table, next to the foot print they gave us.

Every morning as I'm passing that box, I touch it and say "good morning" to her.

I hope your heart heals very soon!   group hug

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster