December 13, 2017, 10:31:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Santa wave       xmasscene       Santa wave

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I found my future puppy  (Read 7584 times)
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »

yep janet you got it right...my crazy Apache.
Ok I have to vent on this shelter.....I had previously sent an email (when I asked for the application) I asked her if she can tell me about the pups personality....she never said anyhting just sent the app.
Well this morning I asked again...and asked more questions.....she only answered one! That she thinks he is a chow mix....ummm don't see that.
Just kinda making me wonder why she isn't telling me anything. What if I drive the 3plus hours and he ends up being a terror. Lol
For a shelter that wants to adopt out they sure aren't trying to hard.
Just giving me doubts and really irritating me.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 03:47:19 PM »

I agree, you'd think they would want to answer any and all questions regarding the dog! He sure doesn't look like he would be a terror.  Grin

iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 04:09:34 PM »

You think they would. All I got is he is almost 4mnths and 26lbs...oh and that heis a chow mix. Lol...that's a funny one.
I just want to know his temperment..any food aggression...is he hyper or a laid back pup, if he is shy or bold.....just basic stuff. And she keeps ignoring my questions.
He looks perfect....but yah never know. Lol
Don't want to get home and have a dr jeckel mr hyde dog....or drive all the way there and finding the sttuff out then.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 04:31:46 PM »

He's a big boy!!!!!!!

iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »

And one really important question i need answered is how he is with cats and other dogs.
Oh i dont know....do i have to pack up the whole family to go meet him. Lol....not.
Dont need my cats getting car sick. Lol
Im starting to have too many doubts now.
Losing that "excited" feeling.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 07:25:06 PM »

Are you dealing with them just through email?
Have you tried calling the shelter and speaking with someone there?
I hate to see you loosing faith on this. 

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 10:12:41 PM »

That is strange. The rescue I am with we offer a lot of info about the dog to the perspective adopter as well as ask them questions about their household and other pets.  We want to make sure the dog gets a good home, not just any home.  Is this pup in a foster home?  Every dog we have in foster lives in a pack of dogs and many live with cats and other animals.  We also do a lot of communication thru email and phone.  I think their lack of communication is strange.  It would definitely be a red flag for me.  The pup may be just fine, but the rescue may be a bit looney. head scratch
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 06:55:03 AM »

I talked to the shelter once when I first saw his picture. All she said then was he acted likea puppy. The next time I tried calling I had to leave a message and she never called back...just sent the application through email.....so thought email was easier for her so that's when I sent the application back and asked questins...nothing. got an email a couple days later if I got transport comp.....so I emailed back and asked more questions....and thats when I got the chow mix question. I don't even know if he is at a foster home. She's not tellling me anything.
She really did ruin my happiness.
Maybe she already has someone in mind for adoption. And thats why I'm getting the cold shoulder.
I get more responses from the breeders I have sent emails to. (I was searching on everything for a pup)
So I don't know.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2011, 11:06:31 AM »

I'd call and make sure he is ready for you. I just looked at their site, they are have an adoption event this weekend.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/IL604.html

I don't see his name on the list.

iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2011, 11:29:34 AM »

See what Im dealing with. Ugh! She told me he would be there. And then again..she said he was being neutered on tuesday but wasnt till yesterday. Wonder if he had health issues or something and thats why it was postponed

iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2011, 11:39:16 AM »

And if you look at his sisters profile it says she is gonna be at the adoption event. Im frustrated.

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2011, 01:42:56 PM »

Well he may be off the adoption event if they are holding him for you!

iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2011, 01:56:29 PM »

They are suppose to hold him at the adoption event tii tomorrow.   So 2 more emails and another message left. Would be nice to know if he made it on the transport.
Just unbelieveable.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 10:12:42 PM »

They are ridiculous with their communication.  Is there only one person to deal with or anyone else?
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 04:23:36 AM »

Terri..i remember you saying the same thing with Suze.  That she wouldn't answer your questions like what food she was eating or about the crate.

Maybe they're just too busy to answer but don't they see that that can hurt a prospective adoptee?  If it was me running the shelter i'd want a person to know everything that i knew.

A chow mix is great.  Ginger my last dog was a collie /chow mix.  She was my heart dog .  She was the smartest dog i ever had. 

Let us know what happens.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »

She never called back. (it seems like she is the only one that answers the phone....i know someone else was there once cuz she asked them to shut the door) called again and same thing....voicemail. i would have.been on the road right now.
I just hope he fines a good home. Im pretty sure he will. Guess i need to take the stuff out of my truck.  Sad no puppy to use it.
Gonna eat some fast food today. Lol maybe take Apache to the park to work off that food. Lol

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2011, 09:26:36 AM »

I'm really sorry it didn't work out for you..  group hug

The day after we got Suzie, on Sunday night, I got a email from her foster mom saying she could meet us half-way with Suzie if we didn't want to make the whole trip.. miscommunications all around it seems!

I hope you find your new puppy soon!

iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2011, 01:33:26 PM »

Oh this just keeps getting better.....I jjust got a message from them asking if I was on my way to come get Mcgraw. I called back within seconds.....of course I get their voicemail again.......and said no one returned any of my calls to tell me he was going to be there, and he wasn't on the list for trasnport so I never left today. so if there are other people interested to let him have a home with them.  I'm not driving there now....
I'm not coming home in the dark especially when I have to go through chicago. And its not like they are just down the road from me.
I'm so pissed off.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »

thud Holy cow!!!  What a way to run a shelter..

I'm really sorry. I'm sure there is another pup out there that will be perfect for you. Sometimes things happen for a reason.. 

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2011, 03:08:12 PM »

that is just weird....

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2011, 05:51:07 PM »

It is just a plain downright fact that there are more out there..  unfortunatly..  Doc.. enraged

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2011, 10:07:43 PM »

Geez!  How unfortunate it all worked out that way.  Maybe they should learn from you that their lack of communication cost them an adoption. 
There are more dogs out there, if you go to the local shelter you may find one too.
 group hug group hug group hug
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2011, 05:15:06 AM »

Maybe i just need to keep my search local and within a 2hr radius. So when i do get the last minute calls i can leave.
But....im still gonna check on monday and make sure he was adopted. If not, then i will check on more transports

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2011, 07:36:17 AM »

I'm sorry about all this.  rubhead hug

Now I am starting to wonder if the shelters and rescues are over run due to high volume from the economy or just plain old mismanagement and disorganized staff.  enraged Maybe it's easier to blame the economy.  huh?

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2011, 10:24:07 AM »

U know Kate, after The Dobber being PTS around Christmas time I was all in a sweat to get a ''replacement''
for the old boy.
  I started checking on some that I saw online.  Checked a couple breeders.. saw a few inna paper that looked promising..

After thinkin about it and throttling back on my/our emotions a bit WE have decided that the dawgs we see online and so forth have a pretty good chance of being well taken care of because of the exposure they are gettin.

The ones we overlook or have fallen through the cracks are just down the road at the shelter.

Just a premonition here..  One day before long I will be on the way home and come across a stray.. Or on an urge I will pull into the shelter ..  Then I will show up at the house with a double.. or almost twin..
 Just an old dog that is pretty much useless.A bit of colored hair amongst the gray.. Probably considered unadoptable.. Bout like me.

Dwarf will raise holly hell and bitch and bemoan her fate ..  Then she will look over him like a mother hen.
Start doctorin' on him..  Spend a GRUNCH of money on him..    Like it Should be...

Try not to worry too much. One will come along. Maybe the one U are workin on now..  There are more candidates
out there than U can take care of..  Doc.. big hug

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster