December 17, 2017, 07:17:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Santa wave       xmasscene       Santa wave

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for foster moms  (Read 1236 times)
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« on: September 22, 2011, 10:20:24 PM »

waving  or anyone who wants to chime in with comments.

How often do you like to hear updates and/or pictures of your fosters in their new homes?
 Do you respond?

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 10:50:55 PM »

Now that I am involved in a rescue, I like to hear something here and there.  Not necessarily every day or every week, but every once in awhile is nice.  In the beginning it is nice to know they are adjusting well in their new home or funny things they have done.  I have found it hard to remember every dog, but I have gotten attached to some more than others.  I especially like to know how they are doing.  When JuJuBee gets adopted I am going to be happy and sad at the same time.  If I did not have so many dogs take her in a heart beat.  She is one I would like updates on from time to time as to how she is doing.  It is nice to see some people bring their dogs into petsmart during the adoption events to visit again.  That always feel good to see them.
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 03:21:04 AM »

When we adopted Molly i kept in close contact with the shelter for a few months.  By close contact I mean i sent them an update or two and then some pictures during the holiday's.  Then it kind of just faded away.  By now i'm sure if i sent them an update they wouldn't be sure who she was.

I think updates are great though and if i were a foster mom i'd be thrilled to hear of the good home they went to.

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 08:45:38 PM »

I like to hear something a couple times in the first month they are gone, then if I heard something a couple times a year, with a picture I'm happy.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:17:12 PM »

I guess I was expecting a response from them.  huh?
  I sent the first video with her playing. The foster dad said "we do expect pictures"

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:46:14 PM »

In our rescue we have an event each summer called the Camp Lone Star Forever Home Annual Update. We ask all of the adopters to send in pics and little updates so everyone knows how they are doing. We have people who participate from adopting several years back. If the group has a web site or google group, it's good to post there. It helps the rescue because people interested in adopting can get a feel for things. I love reading adoption stories.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:18 PM »

I'm on the facebook page link for the Midwest Esra. That's where I saw her.
Have been friended by a couple new people since then.  Wink
Volunteers, foster people.. all good. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster