December 17, 2018, 11:21:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: xmasscene

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Minnie-the reason for Dogaddicts  (Read 12600 times)
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2011, 02:07:19 AM »

Thank you Missy... 

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2011, 06:13:20 AM »

Missy...I love what you posted.  I've read it before but it moves me every time.

Dumb question Dave and Terri...how are you doing?

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 08:13:38 AM »

Hi Terri and Dave,   I knew there would be a special tribute for Minnie here, and waited to come back to read it. It IS a special tribute from both of you.  I did no know the story of Minnie either for some reason...I think I should have though, maybe forgot it.  What a beautiful photo of her to start this thread, seems most current.  I still want to kiss her freckles...
 I will tell you my two most vivid memories of Minnie.....laughing my head off at the video of her getting up on the counter to steal food....what fun that was.   I always waited for the love letters and photos of Minnie and Bob.  I can't tell you how many people I told about that one. 
Minnie truely was Dog Addicts.
About another dog.......you guys know I lost my heart with Bubblegum.  She came to me scared to death of everything but me for some reason. I could not get her to eat for a week....and she stayed in her crate. In fact we had to buy the crate after we got her and while we were putting it together...she was sitting in it. I wish I had taken photos of that!  When I lost her...like you I was broken hearted.... my husband Frank was too...but I was a mess. I hated walking in my house after my part time job....but then...I hated going to work...my job was the vet where we did put her down.  Not a day went by for a long time that I did not walk in the back of work and think of her....not a day went by that a client didn't walk in and say " hows your pretty dog?       One day on one of my Dane forums, someone said they know of a 3 yr old girl Dane in Michigan looking for a home...would I be interested.   " of course not...never, especially a dane!" I told my husband and he said something like " what part of Michigan?"     

Dyan
dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 08:22:51 AM »

........................sorry...I wanted to finish this.
A few days later I realized I was thinking JUST A LITTLE more about a dog in Michigan and a LITTLE LESS about Bubby and how much I hurt. I started picturing another dog in my life...it helped get me thru loosing Bubby sooooo very much.   Paris in Michigan didn't work out even though we went there to meet her....but the result of thinking about her... I knew I needed another dog in my house..it was very very important for me. And here comes Gibson!   NO..he is not Bubblegum...NO ONE will ever be Bubblegum. I cry for her still.  BUT Gibby has filled the hole in my heart that was so hard to live with.   
I suppose we all know when the time is right to get another dog......and we all know that the new dog will not replace the old.........but I believe us DA people are dog people. We were meant to have dogs...they were meant to have us. Don't let yourself think its too soon to get another.....follow your heart no matter which way it goes.
For me......Minnie has joined Bubby, and Ollie are are playing in the black and white section of the bridge for now.......and there is a new Dane named Shadow.....my friends Dane that just bloated last week.....and Sadie the mantle like Ollie, who was Ollie girlfriend that I used to post pictures of......they lost her a couple of months ago.
Peace you guys....we remember all the fun things about Minnie!

Dyan
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 08:49:40 AM »

group hug  It's that emptiness that hurts so bad...a shadow out of the corner of your eye...the empty space beside you.  Two years later, I still snap my neck to turn and look whenever I see a brindle dog.  Roscoe took matters into his own paws, and left us to find his path to the bridge.  Independent until the very end.  He wasn't much for being fussed over.

Minnie was the center of the universe for you and Dave for so long...I cannot imagine the emptiness.  Like others on here, I was able to find comfort in my other dogs.  Never a replacement...just comfort found in the open hearts of other dogs.  They are only here for a brief time compared to us, and I think God sends them to us to teach us about love and faithfulness.

My prayers and thoughts continue to be with you both.

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2011, 06:27:49 PM »

Wow, my heart is so sad for you guys.  Minnie was a very blessed girl and you were doubly blessed by her.  I am wishing you comfort and peace and sending you much love.

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
pyrennial
Dog Addict!

Pandora, Sept 19 2001-Feb 11, 2012

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2011, 08:28:14 AM »

I'm sorry to learn of your loss.  I know she meant the world to you both.

~ Pyrennial.

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.  ~ Kahil Gibran.

I miss you both.  RIP my beloved Pandora & darling Mason.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2011, 09:09:05 PM »

Thanks to all of you for your continued thoughts.

It's been one month today.  Doesn't seem possible.
 I planted a 'mini' rose today that my sister Jeri sent me in honor of her. 

We both have good days and bad days... we've been keeping busy working around the yard and redoing stuff. Took a short trip to Dad's at the lake... just wasn't the same.. but then the weather was bad anyway. 

Minnie Boo.. I miss you girl and I hope you are running pain free and finally catching a fish. Grampa missed you

dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »

Minnie Boo.. I miss you girl and I hope you are running pain free and finally catching a fish. Grampa missed you
Rest assured Terri....that is exactly what she is doing.....she is happy as can be and waiting to see her mom and dad again someday!

Dyan
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2011, 11:28:49 PM »

Oh Terri, that put me into tears.  It is hard.  Glad you planted the rose bush in her honor.   group hug group hug group hug
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2011, 11:32:48 PM »

and then this comes on Pandora radio............  wimpering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfQ3a1T5yu8

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2011, 11:58:10 PM »

wimpering Put me in bigger tears Terri.
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2011, 05:54:56 AM »

It is hard...I can't tell you it's not ..but it does get easier...i promise you.

big hug

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2011, 07:29:10 AM »

.................................at the drop of a hat...............I still cry for Bubblegum!
Gibson has helped us in our emptiness so much though, and we love him just as much.   But I still cry for my heart dog.
Not sure if its all the problems that I worked thru with Bubby or what...
Terri that song is so meaningful!   

Dyan
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2011, 10:19:23 PM »

10 years ago today Minnie came into our lives.... damn... it just isn't long enough!

Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2011, 10:29:17 PM »

group hug

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2011, 04:16:45 AM »

big hug

It isn't long enough.  10 yrs flies by.  I had my Ginger for 10 yrs .  Not enough time.

dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2011, 07:33:12 AM »

Oh Terri ( and Dave ) 10 years is just never long enough to have a family member with us. They add so much to our lives and we miss them so much after they leave us.

Dyan
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2011, 07:49:01 AM »

group hug

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2011, 08:11:40 AM »

Yes, it's sad that we can be blessed by the loyalty, love, and devotion of such wonderful creatures and their time with us is so incredibly fleeting. Minnie had the best 10 years any dog could wish for.  group hug

I don't know if anyone watches Lisa Williams. She is a British medium that communicates with the deceased. Her shows are amazing. Lisa has mentioned several times that she picks up on the spirits of peoples' pets. For me, that is comforting.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2011, 04:41:53 PM »

I used to watch her when she had a show on Lifetime.  I haven't seen any shows since then .  I liked her also.

Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2011, 05:19:50 PM »

I  know that they have short lifespans. I also know that the bigger the breed, in general, the shorter
number of years.  I have never owned a big bird like a macaw[?]  or big ole green parrot but I have been told
by a few friends that do that they sometimes live to be 75 yrs old.   They have to make arrangements for them in their will..  Just in case..   Makes me a little jealous.   Why couldn't our Mauser, Shadow, Little Buddy and
Dobber live ?   We prayed for just DAYS more..  That is one of the reasons for  the rainbow bridge.
    I believe and HOPE..  Terri, Dave,  The hurt dulls with time.  but it never goes away totaly.   {{~~}}Doc.. big hug

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2011, 10:35:33 PM »

We all wish Minnie girl was still here.  It is very difficult when our puppies pass.  It is very difficult.  I miss my babies a lot, especially Whiskey Lee, my big heart dog.  I miss Xena and feel she was taken away way too soon.  Lucy and Thunder are still fresh in my heart too. 
Meakoe and Reggie are my babies who are deep in my heart now and living without them is tough to imagine.  My heart would feel like shambles. 
I am just super thankful to have them now.  They really keep me going especially when times get tough. 
Minnie was a huge gift in your lives for 10 great years.  Now she leaves her love in your hearts.  She is proly mis you a lot more than you would ever think.   group hug group hug group hug
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2011, 12:09:34 AM »

Thanks guys......... it means a lot that I have you all to understand.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2011, 10:24:01 PM »

Feeling so sad today. It will be 3 months now that Minnie has been gone. I really hate this!!!!!!!!!!!
I want my baby back  crying

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster