October 17, 2017, 08:23:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zizi  (Read 4029 times)
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« on: December 10, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »

Aptly named after ZZ top because shes got legs, and knows how to use them! 4 months, 25 pounds of elbows and legs and nose.  rotfl
We got an email from a kill shelter in Oklahoma that they had a great dane puppy that was going down in the morning and did we think we could take her. We said Absolutely sight unseen... Transport was organized (I was already in Dallas) and the first person that picked her up sent us a text that said uhhhhhh.... this doesn't look like a great dane to me... And sent us a picture of this gorgeous creature! We of course said oh well bring her anyway so here she is!

Last night she got REALLY quiet so I went to find out what she was doing. Fearing for my possessions... But she was just snoozing in Pete's dirty clothes pile!  Heart

* ziziindirtyclothes.JPG (84.87 KB, 540x405 - viewed 265 times.)

Life is sweeter with a six pack!

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 10:00:44 AM »

She's beautiful. She looks like a Grey Hound to me....except for the markings. It's awesome you could take her before she was put down.  big hug Of course now Pete has a reason to never do his laundry.....gotta help the fosters!  Snolaugh

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 10:47:18 AM »

She's adorable!!! I was thinking Grey Hound too.  Are they that big as pups?

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 10:58:10 PM »

I immediately thought Greyhound and aussie mix. She looks like a sweetheart.

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 06:59:01 AM »

I can't even imagine putting down a healthy dog  or any dog for that matter.

She's adorable.

BTW...how is Betsy doing?

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 10:22:00 PM »

She is a beauty.  I am very glad you were able to help her.  I love her markings, she is pretty.  Dirty laundry is the best.  My dog Lucy use to love to lay on dirty laundry.
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Looking forward to spring!

dawnk777
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 12:27:57 AM »

She's so cute!

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 09:37:56 AM »

We are actually thinking grey hound aussie as well. She has the herding instinct not the chasing instinct. And that coat is wild, and really soft and silky! She's a DOLL!
The greyhound people were going to take her but the foster that came to pick her up needed assurances that not only was she housebroken AND crate trained  but also had no fleas, or contagious diseases of any type... coming out of a gas shelter in back woods Oklahoma...  thud Sometimes fosters are just as unreasonable as adopters.
So she's here now.  xmasshake Pete wasn't thrilled with yet another one, but he copes well and tolerates it because he loves me!

Betsy is doing great! She is putting weight back on rapidly and playful again! She will be ready in about 2 more weeks. I *think* we have a family interested in her so that would be nice. Though they have to PROMISE to keep me updated. This is going to be another "Moose" I will cry for a week when she leaves.

JD/Turk~ The chihuahua brothers are doing well, they are looking for a home together and JD is recovering from a TPLO for blown cruciate.

Rose~ Bull Terrier recovering from hip/pelvis surgery doing great, almost back to weight! I've got an ANXIOUS adopter salivating waiting for her! (Thank Dog, Bull Terriers are nice dogs, but NOT my cup of tea)

Wendy~ Still scared of a lot but coming out of her shell rapidly! She is a cutie patootie and reminds me of Molly! Except her eyebrows stretch from one side of her face to the other! She got to go to the event yesterday (her first one) and she did great! She was wiggling and talking to everyone. I'm just going to need to find a family who will take it a little slow in new situations, but not coddle that fear into her!

The poodles are gone thankfully! They all got adopted rapidly and I had only taken the healthy ones so that all they needed was vax, spay neuter and grooming.  thud

And our group is doing well going strong! Nine is definitely the limit for us!
it might not have been but Gideon eats like 15 cups a day right now and acts like a spaz so I've had to focus on him A LOT lately! But he's growing into EXACTLY what I hoped he would be and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with him!
Bennett~ May have either a spinal tumor or a fungal degeneration. We are treating for fungus and hoping it goes away. I wont do chemo so the biopsy was useless.
Bruno~ Still seizes more than I'd like, but he's happy in between and still a little booger! He's getting up there in years now and his kidney/liver have never been good, so every day with him is a good day.
Reggie is getting senile, but he's old as the hills so what can I expect!!! He's still ticking though and doing really well. I am at least happy that I could offer him comfort and love in his golden years. 

Marshall, Kirk, Felice, Tripp, and Mr. Spock are all doing wonderfully! Nothing to report other than Mr. Spock bit the neighbor a few weeks ago, but he shouldn't have been sneaking around our yard so late at night, and he is thankful a dog bite was the worst injury received when he noticed I was on the porch with a shot gun.  His horses had gotten out and he claims he was looking for them in our property though he admitted he could not find a break in the fence... HE apologized profusely and we never heard a word about the dog bite. 

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 11:56:33 AM »

Wow, I will have to catch up with that update when I get back home today.  I will be anxious to come back and read.
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 01:27:06 PM »

She sure is pretty! what long legs she has too....wow!!

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 08:33:49 PM »

Wow.. you have had your hands full!  I'm glad they all have you taking care of them.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »

You do have your hands full.  I had the time to read it all now.  Glad I did not read it when I was in a rush, that is a lot to take in.  I laughed about your yard intruder.  Kinda serves him right. 
I am glad you are such an  angel to so many dogs out there that you have given second chances too.  You are wonderful and teaching your baby girl Em how to take care of animals too. big hug
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »

Glad to hear Betsy is doing well.  She had me worried .

Wendy reminds me a lot of Molly also.  She's so pretty! 

All your dogs and fosters are very lucky to have stumbled into your house.

How old is Brune and Reggie now?

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 09:19:17 PM »

Reggie is 9-14 years old... Originally we were thinking he was around 6 (when we took him in) but with the way his brain is deteriorating we question if he isn't at the higher end of that spectrum... He is quite senile some days and quite coherent some days!

Bruno is 8-10, not to old for a chi, but old for a dog with long standing kidney issues. Dr G said she usually see's them crash and burn in 5 years or so post diagnosis with numbers as bad as his. Especially being on phenobarb and potassium bromide.  huh? 

Bets had me super worried and for a LOOOOOONNNGGGG Time! She went back and forth so many times I couldn't even stand it. To see her playing acting like a fool makes me want to cry from happiness. She deserves the best life has to offer!

My neighbor hasn't said ONE word to me since that evening...  rotfl

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 09:32:44 PM »

Wow!  Your life is not ever boring. eeek
Claire
Dog Addict!

Be yourself, who else is qualified?

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 11:02:19 PM »

What a cute one! I thought greyhound right away before even starting to read your post.

KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 10:19:34 AM »

She is a cutie!  All the animals that find their way into your home are so lucky. 

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 09:35:34 PM »

Ok the DNA is back on Zizi (now Daisy) She is greater than or equal to 50% greyhound. Greater than or equal to 25% Aussie (Good guesses folks patting self and everyone else on the back) With traces of... are you ready for this...

Sharpei
Doberman Pincher
and
Rat terrier

I told Don and Anne to tell everyone she is their rat terrier mix and watch them scratch their heads! Smiley

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 09:42:41 PM »

wow, that is a lot and very interesting.  Glad you were able to find out.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 10:05:03 PM »

Very interesting!!

Thanks for giving us the results.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 07:08:47 AM »

Who'da thought? It is interesting. I guess you have a very fast, overly protective, ratter.  Snolaugh

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster