September 01, 2014, 01:31:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet Ruby  (Read 974 times)
Angel-Dancer
Back to a bakers 1/2 dozen!
Dog Addict!

Kyra Our Service Dog in training

« on: July 30, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »

I am posting here for everyone to see.
This is a pic of her from her foster mom.  I will take some of my own too.
She was scared to bits meeting the whole pack, she did well with most of them.  The chihuahuas are a little snappy at her and she cowars from them.  They will work it all out in a few days.
Brandon is taking her for her second walk.  He already took Bully out for his training walk.  She will come in for her first meal at home.  Hope she likes Canidae.  I like it that it is all stages of life.   Since I already pay 70.00 a month on dog food I like not having to buy puppy food too.
I am hoping my feeling inside that she will turn into a good Diabetic service dog for Brandon is a correct feeling.  I have had it even before we got her, but I am not sure if it is hopeful thinking or intuitive.  Either way I am holding on to it that she will make it.  I think she will. 

* RUBY.jpg (24.37 KB, 500x375 - viewed 89 times.)

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 08:51:59 PM »

She looks like a very sweet dog. And her coat color is pretty. Uh. Don't be shy about more pics.  poke  Grin

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 01:29:40 AM »

I will get more pics.  Tonight we all went bowling, my friend Magan, two of her kids, one of her friends, DH, Dustin and me.  We had a great time.  Brandon wanted to stay with Ruby and one of Magan's kids did not want to go, so Brandon took Ruby with him to Magan's house to babysit her kid.  She did really well there with her dogs and kitties too.  One of Magan's dogs did not like her too much, but she tolerated her.  When I checked in on Brandon he said Ruby was sleeping with her head in Brandon's lap.  Tonight her and Bully get to share the lower bunk bed.  She is use to sleeping in a crate, but our crate is so big, it will take up the rest of the space in Brandon's room.  When Brandon gets a regular bed she will sleep with him.  I want her world to be all about Brandon, so she is spending all her time with him.  She does respond well to us too and likes Dustin as well.

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 05:34:48 AM »

I don't blame Ruby for being nervous meeting your pack!  I would be too if i were a dog.

So who trains Ruby as a diabetic dog?  Is she for sure staying?

She sure is a beauty.  luvsmile

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 10:18:25 AM »

Good luck! I hope things work out with her, she looks like a sweetie!

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 06:03:41 PM »

Brandon will train her under Handi dogs classes. 
She has been awesome so far.  She picks things up in her mouth to chew, but drops it easily.  I told Brandon to start having her bring to him what she picks up and have her drop it to him.
She had her first obediencce training this morning and she picks it up fast.  She stayed by Brandon's left side more than she didn't and she paid a lot of attention to him.  She has not shown her true colors yet, she is still feeling us out, but I really think she is just perfect.  Ok, not perfect, but darn near it. 
She did show me she can counter surf.  She is as good as Xena was at doing it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster