October 17, 2017, 08:26:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The baby that bounced off the windshield.  (Read 3849 times)
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« on: November 12, 2010, 03:09:22 PM »

I always update my facebook but forget to update here!

Yesterday while driving to a friends house I approached an awkward opening to a road. There was a pick up parked across the entrance to the road. I pulled up close but not to close so that I had the option of backing out. As I approached a guy rolled down the window and tossed this out. She hit my windshield and rolled off the front of my car. Talk about a shock.  thud

Anyway, she's 4 months about 13 pounds. Totally skinny and terrified of the world around her. She's got liquid black diarrhea drizzling out her back end but an appetite to match any giant breed.  I can't get super close to her because she runs and leaves a little trail of pee behind her or makes the don't hit me face. So I'm trying to handle her as little as possible right now, and as gently as possible when it's unavoidable. I know she will come around pretty quick though, puppies are resilient.

* baby#2.JPG (125.52 KB, 614x410 - viewed 220 times.)

Life is sweeter with a six pack!

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »

Topside

* topviewbaby#2sm.JPG (56.57 KB, 442x295 - viewed 280 times.)

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 04:00:02 PM »

Oh my gosh.......  If he had to throw her out I'm glad it was your way!

Bastard.

Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »

I agree.. He couldn't have picked a better windshield....  about the time U think maybe there IS hope..  Something like this happens.    Doc. Sad

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 09:16:37 PM »

I just wish they had thrown her at me when I had a little less going on in my life and a few less dogs as well... I have like 20 dogs here right now...  Shocked

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 10:11:48 PM »

Wow!  I read about her in FB too, but did not know she was so darn skinny.  I cannot even imagine why that F'wad had the dog in the first place.   Poor thing.  That is so sad.  I sure hope she comes around for the better after such a terrible beginning in life.
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Looking forward to spring!

dawnk777
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 02:47:46 AM »

I hope you can get her happy and healthy again.  She's had a rough go of it already.  I can't believe how skinny she is.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 06:56:00 AM »

I posted on your FB page also but i wanted to add that i can't understand why or how people can do the horrible things they do.

This little pup looks so much like my Molly.  Breaks my  heart because my Molly was a stray and this could have happened to her.

I hope she gets better.... 

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 11:53:20 AM »

Holy pooswear People are astounding at times. Things happen for a reason and the patron saint of dogs sure made good in landing this one on your windshield. What did the no no stick do when he realized this pup hit your window? I hope she doesn't have Parvo.

Twenty dogs is a quite a few. But this one needs help badly. Which rescue do you operate? I forgot.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »

Did you happen to get the license plate number of the truck that did this?

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 03:23:36 PM »

Did you happen to get the license plate number of the truck that did this?

I wish! especially because my friend Rose said that the description that I dd get matches the description of the dumper of a dog SHE has in her custody. Sad

Holy pooswear People are astounding at times. Things happen for a reason and the patron saint of dogs sure made good in landing this one on your windshield. What did the no no stick do when he realized this pup hit your window? I hope she doesn't have Parvo.

Twenty dogs is a quite a few. But this one needs help badly. Which rescue do you operate? I forgot.

He took off. As fast as he could. See the entrance to Old Corpus is sort of diagonal to the road I was on, so he was across the road I was on but pointed onto Old Corpus Rd. So he just stepped on the gas and was gone. I was more worried about catching her though, she ran right onto Old Corpus Rd.

I'm with SA great dane rescue / Homeward Bound Dog rescue. www.texasgreatdane.org Though I don't run it I'm the medical coordinator. And I foster the medical dogs that no one else can take care of. It wouldn't be so bad except I don't have a kennel set up like most of the other larger foster homes do... All mine and all my fosters live here in the house, so if we get above 20 it starts getting crowded. Especially when you've got dog needing crate rest... My whole den is nothing but crates! Smiley (Anything post HW tx, anything with a splint or cast, anything with a broken pelvis, anything that had surgery...) ACK!

I told Pete I want to buy two queen size beds and get one of those foam strips to join them together... So maybe we will both fit in bed at night!

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 05:12:09 PM »

I told Pete I want to buy two queen size beds and get one of those foam strips to join them together... So maybe we will both fit in bed at night!
rotfl rotfl rotfl That cracked me up. 
I showed DH the pic of the little girl and he says we should take her in. thud  I told him she is in a whole other state and needs a lot more than we can give her right now. 

If we were closer I would consider it, but I am glad she is with you.

With the description you did get, that is one step closer to catching this b@$tard.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 07:58:46 PM »

That's it. Homeward Bound. I've seen the posts on Petfinder before. My neighbor is having a garage sale and has some small crates for sale. I could snag them up and ship them to you if you need more crates. They look to be about the size for a Cocker size dog.

Tell Pete his Spring project is a doggy compound with housing and climate control.  Cheesy

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 09:54:13 PM »

Thanks KL! I'm set on crates for the moment... I've got the smaller ones STACKED on the bigger ones!  eeek I try to put the ones that are recovering from HW on top rows so I am not trying to lift down broken dogs!

We are looking at moving again... To a slightly larger property, and building one of those metal buildings with the over hang. And then fencing in the over hang and putting kennels inside so that the dogs can have a kennel at night and a nice shady place to hang out during the day. But then they don't learn to live in a home and that has always been one of the big selling points for my dogs... They are crate trained, well ov the way to house broken, usually walk well on a leash, know basic commands, and are used to the comings and goings of a loud family. So I'm not sure if I'd be real thrilled with a kennel facility!  huh?

dyan
Dog Addict!

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 09:44:17 AM »

Hill..you an  angel!!

Dyan
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »

OMG!!!! I cant believe people! heartless souls.
thank god this puppy and others have someone like you.  luvsmile

GretylsMom
Barks a Lot!

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 01:58:09 AM »

OH, that is the sweetest face I have seen on a dog in a LONG time.  Thank you SO MUCH for taking this poor girl in amongst all of your other furkids!  You ARE an  angel !

Prayers for a quick recovery and a healthy pup!!

Missy
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 11:08:27 PM »

How is the little pup doing?  I hope she is making some progress although much of what she has been thru will take a lot of time to heal from and some of it she may not ever get over.  I had a black lab who must have been beaten and even though she lived the rest of her life with me for years, she never stopped cowering over certain movements.  I use to feel so bad for her when she did that.
Radar_Love
Dog Addict!

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »

Holy crap! How could someone literally throw a pup out in front of a car like that?! People are so ignorant! But, thankfully there are people like you, Hill, that help out the animals in need. We also take in dogs in need when we can and find them appropriate homes. Hope she gets calmed down and settled soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster