October 17, 2017, 08:25:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Visits  (Read 2708 times)
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« on: September 14, 2010, 08:14:55 PM »

Our rescue is needing home visits in Elk River, MN and Casa Grande, AZ if anyone here (Terri or Janet   wink2 ) knows someone. The reference checks are being done now. If that is a green light the home visit would be next.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:44:25 PM »

I had to look that up on the map!  It's north of here. I really don't know anyone here yet.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »

I may be able to help with Casa Grande, It takes about 45 min to an hour to get there from here.  I do not know of anyone there who I could call on, but I could go up if needed.  I just have to know what to do.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 08:40:39 AM »

If the applicants pass back grounds, then they have a visit. A list is emailed on what to look to for. Cairns have their own challenges as a breed so you look for things that might be an issue so the prospective family can be educated. But it basically boils down to "would I let these people take care of my own dog."  I've had some very loving people get denied because they lied on applications like saying they had fences when the didn't or having their dogs run wild in the street, etc.

Let me know. Thanks.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 08:43:04 AM »

I can do it Layne as long as I can visit on a weekend.  Just let me know, send me the list and educate me on Cairns to educate the family.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »

Thanks!  big hug If they pass the reference checks, I will pass your email onto Sue, our head of adoptions.

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 08:39:53 PM »

I sent an email to the rescue that I know of in Racine asking if she knew anyone in the area.
I haven't heard back from them.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 11:00:23 PM »

Thanks!  big hug If they pass the reference checks, I will pass your email onto Sue, our head of adoptions.
Not a problem, just keep me up to date and make sure I have time to plan if I need to head up there.
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 10:19:40 AM »

I knew several people in MN but none anywhere near where you mentioned. Sorry.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 11:38:45 AM »

I am going this morning with my sister to Casa Grande to do the home visit. Happy Yell
I have been in touch with e-mail with the adoptive parents and they seem to be wonderful people.  Looking forward to meeting them and their current dog.
I found out from a friend who dated a guy in that area, that it is really nice area, really nice and a lot of horse property.   I think I will enjoy this trip.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »

That's great!! I hope it goes good!

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »

I must say, we had a great visit.  I got to play with her little Cairn Tucker who is absolutely adorable.  Their home is BEAUTIFUL and they are beautiful people.  We had a wonderful visit, a great lunch and great company.  I love it there.  We even agreed to keep in touch because we all hit it off so well.  We stayed there for about 4.5 hrs, mostly chatting.  Tucker was funny while we were sitting outside talking.  He saw something move on the ground and became totally intense on it, he was determined to get it, but he could not catch it.  It was some bug.  She said he gets that way about squirrels and rabbits too.  It reminded me of Layne's Cairn stories.  I love Tucker and want to visit him again.  Oh and Linda and Robert too. Grin
They are so conscientious about cairn traits just like Layne.  It was pretty interesting to see.  We went to another part of the property and my sister waited for Tucker to come out the gate and he hesitated.  Linda told my sister that he is not allowed out of that yard without a leash and he knows it.  She said Cairn's do not do well off leash.  He can only go out of the fenced area with a leash, otherwise he will get focused on a squirrel or something and be gone. eeek
I still have to get back to the Rescue peeps about the visit, but my email was messing up when I attempted to do it, so I decided to come here first. Grin
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 10:18:12 PM »

Sounds like they passed!

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 08:11:55 AM »

Glad it went well. You got lunch too. Awesome!  flshghst Yes the first rule of having a Cairn is they are never allowed off lead for any reason. Rules number two and three are the same thing. Unless you found a discrepancy between their application and real life I would assume they will be approved for adoption. Thank you for doing this.  big hug

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 08:33:11 AM »

I did not find any descrepancies.  I emailed Sue last night.  They are wonderful people with a beautiful home.  I really enjoyed the visit and playing with Tucker.  He was my first cairn I got to touch and play with in real life.  I had a blast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster