December 13, 2017, 10:32:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Santa wave       xmasscene       Santa wave

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SF Bay Area Dog needs one month foster - urgent!  (Read 1812 times)
Chestersmama
Dog Addict!

« on: September 01, 2010, 01:00:19 PM »

Hi All,
I used to be a regular here some years ago, and I regret that I haven't had time to be here.  Life took some crazy paths the past few years....only now is the dust starting to settle.

I've just found about a dog that a person who lives in SF will adopt but she's currently in Maine and can't return for one month, and apparently this dog is one day away from going to the shelter.  Do any of you know anyone in the SF area who could foster this dog for one month?  Her name is Uma and I'm told she's a sweet dog.

If there's any info you can send me to pass on, I would very, very much appreciate it!

"If there is anything disagreeable going on men are always sure to get out of it."
- Jane Austen, Persuasion
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 02:35:59 PM »

waving  Nice to see you!

Sorry, I don't know anyone in that area. I hope you can find someone to take her.

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:21:28 PM »

I was just asking DH since he is from SF bay area, but he does not know of anyone anymore.  Been away too long.
Just like you have been. Cheesy  Welcome back.  I sure hope the dog can find a place for a month so her new owner can adopt her.   Keep us posted.
A thought if the dog could be transported to AZ, I would consider fostering for a month under the conditions the dog does not become a permenant fixture at my house.
Chestersmama
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »

You know....I think the lady adopting her actually lives in AZ but must somehow be getting her from SF.  I'll check with her to see if there's any way the dog can be transported over there.  I'll keep you posted.....and thanks!!

"If there is anything disagreeable going on men are always sure to get out of it."
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:44:29 PM »

Sure, I live in Tucson, which is Southern AZ
Chestersmama
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 11:21:41 PM »

Here's a photo of Uma.  Unfortunately, the new owner can't get transport for this sweetie for that month.  After that, her son can bring her down to AZ.  This is so frustrating....but I so, so appreciate your offer to help.

* Facebook rescue dog.jpg (68.56 KB, 536x631 - viewed 219 times.)

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 09:54:25 PM »

She is totally cute.  Let me know if anything changes where transport becomes possible.  I do know someone who has been traveling back and forth to CA to help her daughter.  Next time I see her I will ask what part of CA she is going too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster