August 25, 2019, 07:58:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: flag     flag     flag     flag

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We gave the rats a bath today...  (Read 1653 times)
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« on: April 04, 2010, 11:35:20 PM »

When we cleaned cages today, we decided to give the rats a bath.  When I bathe the rodents I usually do so in the bathroom sink.  My dad told me he put his rat Rudy in the bathtub, let him swim, grabbed him soaped him up, rinse him off and dried him in a towel.  Well I tried it and Jasmine got loose from the tub before finding her behind the toilet.   thud
I shampooed Sara first and she slipped out of my hand like a bar of soap.  I caught her again and quickly got her rinsed off.  Jasmine I kept a better grip and got her done faster.  Sara could not get away from me fast enough and Jasmine really liked the towel dry massage. 
Here are the two on their towel island in the tub drying off.  Sara is behind Jasmine.  Jasmine is darker than Sara.
They looked fluffed like they came out of the dryer. rotfl

and Sara is not happy with me one bit.
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Spring is here.

dawnk777
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 12:07:21 AM »

I bet they would be tricky to give a bath.  Rodents are hard enough to hang onto, when they are dry!

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 12:25:01 AM »

They are slippery when wet. rotfl
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 08:53:21 AM »

Uh, I hate to break the news to you but those are baby skunks.  poke  rotfl

Exactly what shampoo does one use on a rat anyway?

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 09:18:40 AM »

*shudder*

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »

I used suave shampoo on them. rotfl  It worked.  My dad used dog shampoo on his.  For the piggie I used baby shampoo before.  No side affects yet and the rats sure smell delicious.  I think the flavor of the shampoo was Cherry Blossom or something like that.
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 06:16:25 PM »

When you're done with the ratties and critters, can you come down here to give my doggies baths ? I had no idea pet rats were bathed. Do they get after-bath zoomies ?

Uh, I hate to break the news to you but those are baby skunks.  poke  rotfl

That's what I thought when I quickly glance at the first pic. I thought Janet had gone to the deep end for good this time.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
ZoeyGirl (Jenn)
Dog Addict!

Resident GP guru!

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 08:40:32 PM »

Um, I think rats are cute until I see their tails.  Eeek!  Seriously, I did not know you could bathe rats.  WOW!  I know we bathe the piggies (which need to be done, why not come over to do them?  Grin ).  I bet they were peeved off at you.  LOL

Remember the past, plan for tomorrow but don't forget to enjoy today!
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »

They were mad, they squeaked and squeaked while I was giving them a bath.  Sara was glad to get away from me and Jasmine really like the towel drying.  They both poofed up after they were done.  Today I looked at them and they look so smooth and clean. 
My dad told me his rat Rudy loves ice cream.  We have not tried that yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster