July 22, 2014, 06:51:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emergency Placement...  (Read 4813 times)
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« on: January 13, 2010, 08:20:10 PM »

So... I get a call from animal services saying that they have a small male mixed breed dog that is sweet as sugar with a suspected broken leg... Owner surrender matted to the skin, filthy covered in ticks urine and feces... If I don't take him he will be put down for humane reasons... So... I've got him scrubbed and the worst of his mats clipped out and the sores underneath them cleaned up.... Tomorrow in for a set of x-rays... He's got to be a malti-poo... real curly curly hair solid white, real petite long tail absolutely the sweetest lil guy I've met in awhile! It's been awhile since I've had one that was a medical case, and not a behavior case...
I'll work on pics once I get the battery on the camera charged... But I'm busting about the name... I won't tell anyone what his name is til I get pics of him up but I have to tell someone!! It's so fitting of him... I wanted to share!! We named him "Dr. Bunsen Honeydew" We will obviously call him "Bunsen" rotfl

Life is sweeter with a six pack!

Angel-Dancer
Back to a bakers 1/2 dozen!
Dog Addict!

Kyra Our Service Dog in training

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 08:30:44 PM »

Oh he sounds so adorably cute.  Omg after that name, I cannot wait to see what he looks like.  Does he look like a muppet?

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:47:44 PM »

He does! I was going to name him "Wembly" after the fraggles, but then Dr. Bunsen Honeydew popped into my head and I couldn't resist!

He ate a good dinner and now he's curled up in a crate with a heater blowing warm air over him!  luvsmile

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:25:44 AM »

It never stops..... wimpering

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »

That poor little dog.  crying Thankfully he is now getting the care and treatment he was denied by his owner. I hope AC just didn't let those folks walk out without thinking of citing them or something. That poor little dog has suffered terrible neglect.

I'm glad he is with you, Hill, and has a chance of having a good life now.  big hug I love his name too.  woof

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 10:37:28 AM »

Glad he's got you looking after him!

KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 01:34:41 PM »

angel at work again!

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 08:23:44 PM »

Well things are worse than originally thought... Dr. Honeydew may have to be euthanized...  crying He has a FULLY fractured femur compound, and several healed and healing hip and pelvis and rib fractures. The only thing that causes several fractures spanning several weeks is people... he had to have had the poo kicked out of him several times... I don't know that we can help that pelvis. He goes tomorrow for a consult with the surgeons.

Here's a pic where you can see the femur break... You can kind of see one of the pelvis fractures that is healing on one view... I didn't think to take pictures of that. I was sending this to the surgeons when doc pointed out like 7 more fractures...

* photo.jpg (82.62 KB, 600x800 - viewed 159 times.)

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 08:34:57 PM »

omg..........   crying That poor little guy.   I don't see why people do these things.  wimpering

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 08:43:45 PM »

Oh my. I know you'll make the right decision.  group hug

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 09:57:06 PM »

Oh how heart breaking! wimpering  That is so sad.  I am so sorry Hill.

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 08:16:41 AM »

noooooooooo

crying crying crying

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 09:27:30 AM »

OMG  crying  crying  crying

That poor little baby, thank god he is knowing love and care for now, even if he cant make it, he knows he is loved!!!  group hug

I hope you keep these x-rays and really bring the law down on those morons that turned him in so they can get proscuted and never have the chance to do this to another baby.  How bad I want to kick the poo of them over and over and over again!!!!!!!!!!  enraged
KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 10:16:23 AM »

enraged  Like to kick the crap outta those people myself.   enraged  That is horrible.  Poor little guy...to endure such hell.  At last now he can be loved, and even if its only for a little while, he will finally know what it feels like. crying

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 10:39:26 AM »

Damn, Hill. I never thought he could be that beaten up. How terribly sad for him.  crying I will get my mind around someone inflicting that much abuse and suffering on an animal.  enraged It would make me even sadder if he had to be put down after all he has been through. I'm hoping the surgeon can amputate or something and give this little dog at least a chance at being loved even if only for a little while.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Looking forward to spring!

dawnk777
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »

Poor puppy.  He had to have been kicked pretty hard to fracture a femur AND his pelvis.  Honestly!   Huhsnow   eeek

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 05:39:53 PM »

So, it looks like we are going to amputate the leg! But it has to wait at least a few days to ensure that he has normal bladder and bowel control...he CAN urinate, but he has not defecated since we got him... He may not be able to if the break has compressed any part of his bowel we just wont be able to do anything for him... so for now he's on pain meds, abx, and crossed fingers!

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 06:01:09 PM »

I've been hoping for an update with some good news. Sending "go poop" thoughts to this little one!

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 06:09:32 PM »

Ditto what Kim said..   

Go poop!

LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2010, 06:30:50 PM »

That poor, poor moppet. wimpering  I have no words strong enough to say what I think about people who would do that.  enraged

Sending plenty of pooping vibes for Mr. Honeydew.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2010, 07:24:40 PM »

Go poop! Go poop! Go poop! I'll keep thinking that while my fingers are crossed. Dogs can lead very happy lives on three legs. Did the colon look like it had poop in it from the radiograph?

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 08:13:40 PM »

It didn't, but that could just mean he wasn't being fed... He's very thin! He's eating like a horse now though, so hopefully things will move along! 

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2010, 09:04:35 PM »

This is worse than Mabel was.  I sure hope the little guy makes it.
And I sending him fully belly thoughts and poo poo poo thoughts.

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 06:07:10 AM »

I just want to cry....literally. crying

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 06:35:39 PM »

Still no poop.,.  crying He's got til Tuesday to poop so I've still got my fingers crossed!!!
Keep your fingers crossed! He's just the sweetest lil guy on the planet! He's got the best personality!!  thud

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster