October 17, 2017, 08:24:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweet older girl needs retirement home...  (Read 1470 times)
Eightdogs4me
Dog Addict!

My two outlaws

« on: December 23, 2009, 02:44:45 PM »

My uncle was put into a nursing home because he was no longer able to care for him self. Of course, this means he was (unintentionally) neglecting his dogs as well.

Scottie is an older spayed female husky-ish mix. Her age is unknown, but she's probably between 9 years old... and teenage years. The Unc says he found her in 1995, but also says she's 9-10 years old, so those don't really match.

She is heartworm negative and I've started her on prevention. She was covered with fleas and ticks, but we've got that under control with a bath and frontline, and she's got hookworms, which we also took care of. I also updated all her vaccines. She is very laid back and sweet. She never offered to bite or growl as we were poking and prodding at her when she was at the clinic. She has an old aural hematoma which makes one of her ears look funny (think cauliflower ear like a boxer) and a little bit of an ear infection which she's on meds for.

She does fine with my other dogs (which are various shapes, sizes, and attitudes), but I don't know how she'd do with a rambunctious dog, cats, or livestock. She has been a "yard dog" with access to the Unc's house, but she came and went in and out on her own. She appears to be housebroken, and does well in a crate- at least she has here.

She's really sweet, and I'd hate to have to take her to the shelter.

* scottie.jpg (97.95 KB, 500x332 - viewed 180 times.)

* scottie2.jpg (87.06 KB, 500x332 - viewed 154 times.)

* scottie3.jpg (103.37 KB, 500x332 - viewed 167 times.)

banana wave Emily and the Gang! banana wave
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 08:15:09 PM »

What a beautiful baby.  She does not look too old.  I sure hope she gets a great home.  She is sure pretty.
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 09:06:35 PM »

What a sweetie! I bet she misses your uncle. 

I'm sure you will be able to find her a forever home!
Keep us posted.

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 09:08:55 PM »

She's pretty and looks very sweet. I'm glad you are trying to find her a home. It has to be a very difficult time for Scottie and your uncle being apart after so long.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 07:44:51 PM »

How nice of you to take Scottie in (temporarily) and to see that her vet needs are met. She does not look that old and has a great smile. I can't help but hope you find her a nice home.

Good luck, Scottie.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster