December 15, 2018, 02:31:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: xmasscene

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Boy Has Gone to the Bridge Today  (Read 2687 times)
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« on: December 01, 2009, 07:58:16 PM »

After so many years of loyal service and dependability, my big boy has gone to the Bridge this afternoon.  rainbow That's right, my 100lb meat grinder finally passed on.  xmasshake It came at the worst time too. I was just about to grind up another batch of meat and bones for the Cairnadoes. The switch fell out and then crumbled into a dozen pieces. I could have it fixed but would have to drive about 1.5 hours away to drop it off at the Northern Tool repair center in Garland. Looks like I am going to be buying the smaller Northern Tool #12 electric meat grinder tomorrow. Without a grinder, I can't make my dogs' food. So it's a gotta have item. I know it will grind chicken and rabbit but am wondering how it will do on duck legs and wings. They are much harder than chicken and rabbit bones.

It was a work horse while it lasted. That beast of a grinder was purchased 9 years ago when Kiva was a puppy.  wimpering

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:16:47 PM »

DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!! Even under the wrong category I my heart still skipped when I first saw this.

I'm sorry it pooped out on you right when you were about to use it. Sounds like it got some good years though. Hope you can find a new one easily and not too expensive.

ewin0210
Staff Writer

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 08:36:58 PM »

Layne you scared the POOP out of me!!!! Sorry to hear about your meat grinder. Any chance you could get the other one fixed and have one for backup?

megs
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 09:09:46 PM »

slaphead  My  heart sank when I saw the title of your thread!!!  If you had any hopes of Santa bringing you a grider for Christmas, you can forget it now!!!  That was toooo evil.   Evil   Snolaugh

I don't believe in fate or destiny. I believe in various degrees of hatred, paranoia, and abandonment. However much of that gets heaped upon you doesn't matter - it's only a matter of how much you can take and what it does to you.

-Henry Rollins
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 09:11:20 PM »

I thought I would get a start out of someone.  Evil  Snolaugh

I can get it fixed but just not any time soon and I need that grinder now. I have a fridge full of stuff ready for grinding and mixing. I called the Northern Tool over in the mid cities and they have a small one in stock which I'll go get in the morning if I feel well enough (I've been sick). The same grinder I lost today will cost around $600 if I buy a new one.  xmasshake

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 09:18:31 PM »

"A start."???? That's what you wanted????

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 09:36:38 PM »

kick slaphead

Shame!!!!  fishslap

No wonder your avatar isn't waving.   

A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 10:11:36 PM »

I wish I was there in TX!  I would slap you so hard!!!!   poke kick slaphead

Don't do that again! 

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Sally
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 11:08:14 PM »

slaphead
Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 11:53:56 PM »

YOU ARE SUCH A BRAT!!! slaphead What a mean, horrible thing to do... vent

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
Mary [deryni]
Global Moderator

Rikku - aka Funk Bird

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 01:40:49 AM »

Layne I am gonna kick your butt!  If you ever do that to me again.... poke
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 05:02:17 AM »

Do you even KNOW what this post just did to me?  OMG.  ........  I didn't even look at the thread it's in.  OMG what a way to start my day.
 kick

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 05:56:50 AM »

RIP Mr. Grinder..     Layne-  slaphead.........Doc..

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
iloveshepherds
Dog Addict!

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 08:29:21 AM »

whew...you had me really sad for a minute there. RIP yah old meat grinder! lol

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 09:04:31 AM »

peepwall door eek outahere scared OMG! What an onslaught of retribution!  thud  eeek

You all got revenge. I woke up and it's SNOWING!!!!  eeek eeek eeek I can't go out for my grinder until this afternoon which will put me behind in grinding.  footstomp

I filled my bird feeder for the first time this season and made another pot of coffee. Time to hunker down and watch HDTV.  freezing cold

KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 09:08:01 AM »

It ought to snow several feet for scaring all of us like that!  Do hope you can get that grinder though...

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 09:13:54 AM »

I hope you get snowed in and have to live off the bird seed. Evil

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »

I hope you get snowed in and have to live off the bird seed. Evil

OMG! There is an evil in you that no one knew existed.   jawdrop  xmasshake

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 12:45:36 PM »

grinsno

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2009, 02:03:39 PM »

You jinxed my snowman and my grinder. That new grinder is a piece of poo. I could chew up meat and bones faster than it grinds. Soooooooo............I'm taking it back after the parts are through washing. I guess I must make the long trip to the repair shop.

BTW, Jan, the sun came out and it's warm.  flamingdevil neener sunny

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 02:59:10 PM »

May a tsunami hit your house.

(of course the pups won't be in it at the time.)

kick

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 05:31:14 PM »

May the snow reach the eaves of your home and not melt until June.  freezing cold  kisssnow A tsunami....really? I live 300 miles inland.  slaphead A tsunami that large would also have to hit Hill and Sandra.

I can't take the grinder in for repair. It's too old.........but really they just want me to buy another mega grinder. So, I called a restaurant appliance repair place and they suggested I go to a special electrical shop (which is just only 4 miles from here) and buy the rocker switch and see if that works. If not, they charge $60 for a trip charge and $75 an hour.  eeek I know what I'll be doing in the morning.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:39:42 PM by KivaLuver » Logged

Doc Stan
Dog Addict!

Born alone, Live alone, And die alone..

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 05:52:25 PM »

If that don't work, send it to me.   that is what I do.     besides give folks a hard time. [U 2 Layne]   slaphead

Doc..

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »

I took the new grinder back this morning and was looking at the displays. They have a grinder that looks just like mine with the same type of switch. Mine is bigger and more powerful but the on/off switches are the same. I got the item number down and am calling the tech support people again to order the switch. The pics of the grinders on the web site look nothing like the ones being sold in the stores. I might get my grinder back up and running for just a few bucks!  xmas1 I just need to replace the rocker switch.  phew

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 11:00:08 AM »

May the snow reach the eaves of your home and not melt until June.  freezing cold  kisssnow A tsunami....really? I live 300 miles inland.  slaphead A tsunami that large would also have to hit Hill and Sandra.

details details details.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster