October 17, 2017, 08:26:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ashley :(  (Read 1488 times)
Alyssa(jstagrl...)
Ask Me For Help!
Top Mod

Happy Holidays !!!!

« on: November 23, 2009, 10:55:42 AM »

7 yo golden retriever in need of a good home. My sister asked me if I knew of a way to help. The dog is well mannered in good health up to date on all shots. Well with kids and other dogs. Her owner is dying and they are desperate to place her in a good caring home to live out the rest of her years. She is here in WI pretty sure in Racine and I just don't know any place other than you guys.

Thanks

Alyssa

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 11:07:53 AM »

How about your home Alyssa?  Good with kids, well mannered.  Sounds like a perfect match!

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Alyssa(jstagrl...)
Ask Me For Help!
Top Mod

Happy Holidays !!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 11:34:21 AM »

Yeah only not. We have a situation right now that unables us to have a dog.

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 11:46:15 AM »

Has anyone contacted GR rescue?

I think it's noble they are trying to find him/her a home. It will give the owner some peace of mind knowing their dog is taken care of. I see a lot of dogs end up in our local shelter who were placed there by surviving family members who didn't want their departed relative's pet.

Let us know if they find a home.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 07:40:33 PM »

Here is the contact page for GR rescue of Wisconsin : http://www.grrow.org/grrowi/contact+us/default.asp. They have a dedicated surrender e-mail : surrender@grrow.org. If they would take her and want a donation, I would certainly chip in if this is a problem for the owner.

I occasionaly go to a GR forum where several people are pretty involved in rescues and transports. I could go and ask there if you think it can help but I would need more details. I can pm you the forum address if you prefer to post there yourself.

Gosh I hope this girl finds a home both for her sake and for the sake of that poor owner. She sounds like a great dog. Thank you for trying to help her. Keep us informed.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 08:15:53 PM »

If she's in Racine, try HOPE Safehouse.  They do alot of fosters. 

Poor girl, I hope she can find a home.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster