October 20, 2017, 06:18:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT HELP NEEDED  (Read 1199 times)
Alyssa(jstagrl...)
Ask Me For Help!
Top Mod

Happy Holidays !!!!

« on: November 19, 2009, 04:44:46 PM »

Just posting this from somewhere else.

Dairyland Greyhound Racetrack in Kenosha, Wisconsin will be closing on 12/31/09. 900 Greyhounds need to be adopted or they will be euthanized. *Please* help get the word out; there are only 6 weeks to get this done. Contact Joanne Kehoe Operations Director P: 312.559.0887 Or Dairyland Race Track Adoption Center direct at (262) 612-8256

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
Berner_girl
"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b
Staff Writer

R.I.P. MT TOP's Secret Agent, C.G.C. "Kahaus"

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 01:29:47 AM »

There was a similar post on Dogster that received this response:

"Hi all-
I know most of you are not in Greyhound rescue but most of you are involved in Dog rescue groups and that seems to be where this rumor started. If you get an e-mail stating that 900 greyhounds are going to be killed in 6 weeks cuz of Dairyland track closing-- The rumor is FALSE. Much work is being done to find homes for these retired racers. Below is the National GPA (Greyhound Pets of America) statement regarding this information:

'GPA National Response

An e-mail has been circulating recently with some figures and statements that to the best of our knowledge contain outright bogus or misleading information about the closing of Dairyland.

This is the information I can share with you all regarding this tracks closure from our volunteers heavily involved in assisting these greyhounds:

1) Currently the number of dogs at Dairyland (DGP) is unknown. A State official indicated they would have a list ready in 2 weeks. 900 was the number given in a recent newspaper article, but we anticipate that number is high and the realistic number is somewhere between 300-500 dogs.

2) There is confirmation from the track veterinarian, who is a State of Wisconsin employee, that no dogs will be left behind. The facility will stay open as long as it takes to find adoption groups for all the dogs that are left at DGP.

3) Hauls are being organized to move the pet dogs out of the track prior to the closing to relieve some of the burden. This is going smoothly. Racers can't be moved until January 1st, since racing will continue until Dec. 31st. A haul going east through Ohio is scheduled to leave Dec. 5th. Another haul is leaving for Canada around the same time. Both of these hauls are going to groups that are approved to accept dogs by the State of Wisconsin.

4) All of the regional adoption groups are all ready in communication with each other and are strategizing how to move the dogs and increase adoptions. Its a good team and confidence is high in their abilities to get the job done. The groups are from WI, IL, MI, MN, IN, OH and IA (the neighboring states), but we anticipate support from well beyond that perimeter.

Rory S. Goree'
President - Greyhound Pets of America - National

Yes, the owners can move greyhounds to other tracks if they chose to keep racing them but that has always been the right of the dog owners/kennels. That does not mean those dogs, or the ones left at the track, will be euthanized.

So please, pass this information along to the people that are spreading the false e-mail. It is making the entire situation worse and is focusing energies and worries where they will not help progress our goal--- to home greyhounds....'"

DigiKahaus

"News flash!  Living eventually causes death!" - fluffywulfie

"How ironic... you eat vegetarian, but you speak baloney."  - Bucky Katt/"Get Fuzzy"
Alyssa(jstagrl...)
Ask Me For Help!
Top Mod

Happy Holidays !!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 09:49:09 AM »

phew

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 09:52:06 AM »

That is a big relief. phew

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster