October 20, 2017, 06:18:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: angel      Molly      angel

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newest foster...  (Read 3648 times)
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« on: November 17, 2009, 10:41:14 PM »

Meet "Jasper" he's a two year old Great Dane who has been returned twice for bad behavior... he's staying with his Aunti Hillarie for some manners training... Thankfully Pete helped out so I could get a good pic!!

* training time.jpg (59.17 KB, 640x480 - viewed 239 times.)

Life is sweeter with a six pack!

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:04:37 PM »

Whoa...... thassalotta dogs! 

He looks pretty good!  Just there for training?

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 05:05:25 AM »

What a great pic and what a pack of dogs!

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:53:20 AM »

That's not even all of em!!  }jumphappy{ Moosie was sleeping and Tuna is above doing tricks for  ANYTHING even the rotisserie chicken Pete was handing out!

Yeah, just here for manners... The last adopter really wants to keep him, but she isn't really a confident enough dog owner for him.... If he senses weakness he exploits it. So I am working on manners then will take him back to her and work on her WITH him! Hopefully we can salvage this because they really are a GREAT home and a good situation for him!  turkey

Kim H
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 07:48:34 AM »

Ok, I know I can't keep up with you and your dogs, but I try and I'm wracking my brain because I didn't know you had 3 black labs?? Who am I forgetting?

KDN
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 10:52:47 AM »

That's a great photo.  Love the vast array of sizes.  Just really neat.

Roscoe, Raven, Rosie, & Boo--my babies!
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 11:13:14 AM »

You have quite a posse going there.  Cheesy They are all so focused.

How long do you think it will be before Jasper is a well behaved Southern boy?

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 04:46:04 PM »

Ok, I know I can't keep up with you and your dogs, but I try and I'm wracking my brain because I didn't know you had 3 black labs?? Who am I forgetting?

I don't! I've got two black labs Bennett and Spock and one Black border collie mix "Tripp"  Grin Bennett is at the far side of the picture, Spock is the closest and Tripp is right next to him! Tripp has little speckled black and white feet and is oh so cute and smart!

LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 07:50:12 PM »

Wowza, what a pack. Great picture. I can see how Jasper could be intimidating when he gets a little pushy and hope his manners classes will be successful.

Dear Jasper,

U iz in da bestest place to learn gud manners. Plz lern ur lessons so U can go back to ur home. U gots a famly dat lubs U but U must mind dem always always always. Kthksbai.

Flem

PS : I wud get gud manners for da rotisserie chikin too. Plz txt me auntie Hillarie address. She won't know I iz dere; whatz one moar bum glooed to de floor ?

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 06:18:06 PM »

Dear Flem,
I wouldn't notice another 5 dogs at this point! Smiley Come-on down and bring your friends!  rotfl
Love
Ant-Hill

Here's a new picture of the boy!! Smiley He is learning his sit-stay today and he is also figuring out that screaming in the crate doesn't get ANY attention so he's getting better with that! And gaining confidence by the moment!!

* Jasper.jpg (107.26 KB, 480x640 - viewed 230 times.)

KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 06:39:17 PM »

I love that expression on his face!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2009, 09:40:32 PM »

He is very pretty.  Sure hope he works out with his current owner.  It is nice you are willing to take him in and work with him and her so they can live happily together.
When I saw the pack of dogs I was counting.  I am glad you have me beat, although none of mine are fosters since I already failed at that with Odaat.  I commend those of you who can foster, rehabilitate and help so many more dogs in need.
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2009, 10:31:27 PM »

blush
Only ONE of those dogs is a foster dog...   huh? I'm loving life these days!  turkey

And there are two fosters not pictured... Moosie gets stepped on and Tuna could care less about treats or learning behaviors... she's just loving life!  turk
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 10:47:57 PM by Hill » Logged

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 08:11:44 PM »

He's beautiful!

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 10:57:18 PM »

We said Good bye to Jasper this afternoon!! I met up with his adoptive family and transferred him over. We'll see if it sticks this time! Cross your fingers for my big boy! He learned so much while he was here! He left knowing sit and down and how to walk nicely on a leash! Now if they will just stay FIRM with him everything will be ok!!

Here's Pete saying bye bye!  byebye

* Pete and jasper.jpg (54.01 KB, 351x515 - viewed 211 times.)

minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 11:11:12 PM »

Awww. good luck to him!

I just asked in the other thread if you had 2 Danes now.. guess that answers my question!

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 07:01:41 AM »

Awwww.

Will they let you know how he's doing?

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
dawnk777
Dog Addict!

Looking forward to spring!

dawnk777
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 10:38:24 AM »

That was nice of you to help out, Hill!  I hope he is better with his family now.  He is a handsome boy!  Love the pic of all the dogs waiting for a treat.

Jasmine doesn't understand a dog not wanting rotisserie chicken.  She'd be first in line, not caring how many paws she stepped on to get there.

~*Dawn and Jasmine*~

Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 10:48:14 AM »

Awwww.

Will they let you know how he's doing?

I hope so! I gave them my cell number, my e-mail and my work number, also Jo's cell, email and home number...   Grin
We put them in contact with a really fabulous trainer who makes house calls! So we're all crossing our fingers! Their home is really a great spot for him if they can just learn to handle him!

Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 09:17:32 PM »

Besides work with the dog, did you get to work with them too?  Were they taught how to handle the dog?  I sure hope it works out this time.
Hill
May Bite...
Global Moderator

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 02:01:55 PM »

I worked with them as much as possible but they need to continue on with Yvonne or I doubt this will work...  huh? We do what we can but if the adopters don't listen there isn't much else we can do...

LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »

It is already wonderful that you are ready and able to do such follow-ups and step in to help after the adoption. I hope the humans do their homework so Jasper can stay with them. Good luck, Jasper.

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 09:12:20 PM »

Heres to hoping they continue there end of the deal.  If they want a great pet, they should make it easy on everyone and just do it.  Hope they do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster