December 16, 2017, 03:18:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Santa wave       xmasscene       Santa wave

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Army Dogs up for Rescue  (Read 1452 times)
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« on: October 19, 2009, 12:15:12 PM »

I received this in an e-mail from a Rescue e-mail I hope the copy works:

Bonnie , My bomb dog guy is passing this out. A lot of these dogs served us I am surein Iraq and Afghanistan.Any help in putting this out would be
 greatly appreciated.  Camp Wolfgang near Dallas (Ennis, TX) is closing. Last day in service will be10/30/2009. They have 198 German Shepherd Dogs They MUST move the dogs out.If you know anyone who can adopt, accept a dog into their rescue, or help inany way, contact N...eisha Livengood, kennel master at Camp Wolfgang.personal email: windigo1966@ yahoo.com 214-755-1627.Physical Address: CampWolfgang, 6234 FM 879. Ennis, Texas 75119

If anybody has any ideas!!!!!  I have a friend who has one of these dogs a BEAUTIFUL German Shepard and he is wonderful!!!!!
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:34:00 PM »

Wow. 198??  I sure hope they can move them out. 

What will happen to them if they aren't moved before the 30th?

phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 01:47:26 PM »

they are an actual rescue, and they also have other breeds of dogs, I saw some more info on it just by Google ing Wolfgang, Ennis, TX.  It says if they dont get these dogs moved they will be PTS.  crying  crying

I think it listed like over 150 Purebred German Shepards along with other mixed breeds, and they noted some have had training.  

My friends dog was in Iraq he was a bomb sniffer, but he quit working cuz he was abused by the locals when he was kept outside at night.  He has had him now for about 3-4 Years.  I was out there not to long after he got him, and he was really scared when I walked towards him carrying a plastic bag, you can tell that baby was abused. And when my friend go him he was only 2.5 years old. He never showed any aggression though just fear.  He has blossomed into a wonderful and loving boy now though, and you would not believe how beautiful he is.  He is a true German German Shepard, my friend told me the hardest part was to teach him not to jump up to sniff the counters, he was trained to do that, so he had to relearn that it was not OK.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 02:08:26 PM by phbeardog » Logged
phbeardog
Dog Addict!

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 02:10:58 PM »

Now I just read on a site called Dogsters, (maybe some of you have heard of them, I have not) that all the dogs have been gotten out, phew so maybe my e-mail was just late in coming, too bad people dont update more often.  I hope it is true!!!! clapping
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 02:41:41 PM »

That's great news!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster