June 25, 2019, 12:30:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot Ask Co.mments Feed Me Links Google Bookmarks MSN Live Netscape Socializer Squidoo Technorati Yahoo My Web

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wellness?  (Read 1790 times)
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« on: September 25, 2009, 11:17:27 PM »

The owner of one of the feed stores here picked up a dog food called Wellness.  I have been trying to get them to pick up Canidae and they have not done it yet.  This feed store is the closest one to me and has some of the best prices on most of the horse stuff I buy.  Depending on if Wellness is any good or not and it's price compared to quality will deteremined if I buy it or not.  So, what do you all know about it?
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 11:20:51 PM »

I just read this on the Wellness website...

Dog Testimonials

"Need to let you know that my Golden had seizures on the "other" food we were feeding her. Then we switched to Wellness Fish and Sweet Potato formula and she has not had a seizure of any kind in the five years that we switched to Wellness."
Freya, Port Jeffe, NY

http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/dog_wellness_dry_index.html
minniesmom
Administrator

*The Enabler*

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 11:53:27 PM »

I've heard of it, but never tried it.  I know Minnie spit out a sample treat made by Wellness at the pet store. ? Why I don't know, but she doesn't refuse food very often.

janpo1
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 06:06:56 AM »

Isn't Wellness the brand that turned a D/A teeth brown on here that used it ?

You can never replace the dog that you lost in your heart~ you can only make your heart a little bit bigger to include a new one.
KivaLuver
Dog Addict!

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 10:10:17 AM »

I fed Bella Wellness and I use their canned meat products especially the salmon. They make a variety called Core which is grain free. Kiva and Kaden get tbs in the morning and Kaden gets a little at night with his raw. They like. Since I don't feed it exclusively, I can't comment on the brown teeth. They make the WDJ list of foods every year. Here you can only get it at Petco.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.-Antone France
Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.-Pythagoras
LoveMy2
Dog Addict!

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 10:22:33 AM »

I've been feeding Wellness Core (regular and low fat on occasions) for about 2 years now. The girls have been doing fine on it. I've never fed the other formulas but they look similar (perhaps a teeny tiny bit less grains) to things I've fed before (Natural Balance Ultra and Solid Gold Hund & Flocken). They are also a bit more expensive than those. All in all not a bad choice, I think, but not on the cheap side . Canidae would be way less expensive but probably a bit more grain heavy. What else do you have available there ? Are you looking for something special (allergies ?) or just a good round-about food ?

Flem GR DOB 04/24/04 - Nathalie - Spip YL DOB 05/18/02
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2009, 01:56:29 PM »

In my experience the regular formulas have had much more grain than foods like Canidae, and Wellness is known for causing large poop. They even address it in their FAQs...they say it's because the bowel is removing water along with solids. Having witnessed those large poops, I beg to differ, because if the bowel is removing that much water, then the kidneys aren't working right.

Wellness is also undergoing major corporate changes.

I would never tell anyone not to use it, but I won't touch the dry. I do like their canned foods.

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2009, 10:53:11 PM »

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I think I will stay with the Canidae.  I get some things from that feed store for Spot.  They truly have some good prices on horse supplements and such.   I will just continue to get dogfood from the other feedstore. 
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 08:51:19 PM »

I've never used Wellness! I found that Innova works, so I won't change Cana's food!  woof

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
mmgy
Dog Addict!

Wag More, Bark Less.

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 05:12:33 PM »

I don't think you would like it AJ, it's really the total opposite of Innova.

The top ten reasons to spay/neuter were gassed at Gaston County AC this morning.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. ~~Edmund Burke
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 11:16:15 PM »

Yeah, I have decided to continue to go to the other feed store to get the Canidae.  It is not that far out of my way and Scooby Doo does pretty well on it along with the others.
A.J.
Staff Moderator

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »

I don't think you would like it AJ, it's really the total opposite of Innova.

I agree MM, Cana does very well on Innova!   

God, help me to be the kind of person that my dog thinks I am."
www.shoptoearn.net/aj12
Angel-Dancer
Dog Addict!

My baby boy Tucker

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 12:08:49 AM »

My friend works at a feed store clear across town from where I am.  They have better prices on dog food and horse feed, but it would cost me more in gas to gain the savings.  She said the Wellness core was pretty good, she agreed the Canidae was pretty good, but she has heard some dogs got sick from the change they made.  She recommended a couple of others and for the life of me I cannot remember the names of them.  Our conversation went from there to talking about horses.  I could not help but make fun of her when she was trying to tell a story to my boy Brandon about when she got her first green horse it was a Percheron, which is a draft horse... Clydesdales are also draft horses... very large and stocky.  Instead of saying it was a Percheron she said it was a Persian, so I butted in saying it was a large fluffy cat, a very large fluffy cat.  After we went on with that saying siamese were great thoroughbred cats and making fun of the size kitty litter we would need... our conversation about dogfood went completely out of my head. Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Questions? Comments? Contact the Webmaster